Lifestyle Lift & Thyroid Issues

My sister & I had the LSL in Dec 08. Talking...

My sister & I had the LSL in Dec 08. Talking about painful!!! I have never experienced such pain in my life. And it's a bunch of crap when the advertisement says 'no down time'. Lucky for me I was on Christmas vacation, but my sister had to go to work with her head wrapped in a towel - looked like a football on her shoulders.

It's been just over a year now, we both still have knots behind our ears; lumps and bumps alongs the sides of our faces; she has one ear that is lop-sided. In addition to that, both of us have developed thyroid issues. We both have hypo-thyroidism - where the thyroid has either stopped working or is barely functioning. We think this is related to the suctioning of our necks in the thyroid area during the LSL process. We would like to know if anyone else has developed problems with their thyroid.

As far as the end results of the LSL goes, my sister's 'poochie pockets' on her face went away - my 'turkey neck' went away, but only after I had lost 20 pounds recently.

Please give us your feedback!

Hi. Most Facial Plastic Surgeons will agree that your thyroid problems are unrelated to your procedure. The thyroid gland is at another deeper compartment that the liposuction is not able to reach. This is just a coincidence after the procedure. If you have some lumps and bumps, please tell your surgeon. You can get kenalog injections to improve on hypertrophic scaring that can leave these bumps at the incision line.