Go for it now!!!!!! - Reston, VA

I had, what looked like jaw breakers, along my jaw...

I had, what looked like jaw breakers, along my jaw line and a slight bit of jowling, which I hated!!! I'm 51 years old, but I don't FEEL 51 years old, SO, I contacted Lifestyle Lift, met with the folks in Reston, VA, and got the procedure done!!! I. AM. SO. HAPPY!!! I love Dr. Dahiya and his staff! I had the lift and the full face laser, and went back to work in 1 week. AWESOME!

Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

When I called the 800 number, this was one of the locations closest to me.

West Virginia Girl- I just now took a look at your photo and actually said "Wow!" out loud. You must be very happy. I hope everything is still going well for you.
So on the laser where they talk about 9 months what that means is that your body will generate its own collagen again for up to 9 month. There are several ways to stimulate collagen production and it has to do with the removal of dead skin cells. This can be done through laser, chemical peals and micro derma brasions. As you get closer to the 9 months mark you want to start exfoliating again with scrubs and home micro derma brasions this will help the skin to continue to produce collagen. I have had chemical peels and they lasted years as long as I was diligent to not let the skin cells build up to much. You don't want to use scrubs too soon typically around the 8 month mark is a good start and be gentle with the scrubs etc...consistency is the key. I had never done laser before and this laser they do is very powerful...if I had to do this again I would use a less strong laser but multiple visits...
Thanks for the encouragement you gave me. I may be sorry later, for not having the eyes done at the same time, but, for now, my chin/neck wrap and I are becoming good friends, and I am busy keeping appointments and resting in upright position with ice whenever I get home. Thanks again.
I hope you're SO HAPPY with the results!!! Keep doing just what the doctor says, even if you feel like "everything's fine." Keep the ice, and then they'll tell you to use heat! Keep us posted!
Thanks WVG.... I actually had the same doc. I am doing all I can with the heat and ice but I cannot always do it for the whole time I.e 15 min for each 3 times a day. Hope I am doing enough. Getting better but still a lot of redness where they did the laser....
Heat? Hmmm A new one for me. I get stitches out in a few days and will ask for sure about the heat. I had to go to my classes 2x and was embarrassed with my totally RED face--but---I got through it each time. Hoe long does the red usually last?
While I was out tonight, a nurse called to check on how I am doing. If their ratings are down, they sure are trying to pull them UP. Such a nice message she left.
No heat until the stitches come out they will tell you. I am still red on day 15 although not as much.
Yeah, they told me to apply heat once they removed my stitches. It's been over a month now and I still have a lot of redness under my eyes, but luckily I use industrial strength make-up (always have!), Dermablend, and so no one can even tell.
you only look 47 now very good work
I thing WV Girl, looks more like 35...., just an opinion :)
Oh I didnt know she was 51 I thought she was older but yeah she looks younger than 51 Im sorry but I have seen 35 year old women and they look younger than her there's nothing wrong with that she looks good anyway
WOW! YOU THOUGHT I LOOKED OLDER THAN 51?!?!!??!? You've seen people 35 years old who look YOUNGER than I do?! They SHOULD!!! They're only 35!!!!! I hope you meant all this in a nice way. Everybody should be nice.
You're sweet!! Thanks!!!
Well, personally, I think 51 is way TOO YOUNG to have anything like this done. But, you look lovely. On the side of your neck? --Birthmark? Scar?Just read it was your day 8, so , I guess if it was a scar, it went away, right? I am probably older than your mother, but, hope to have such an easy time of it , and as much success, as you did. Blessings!
I already apologized for mentioning an "age" appropriate for any type procedure. She was 100% correct in saying something like we never know the story of another unless we really get to know them. Again-it was not my BS. and I am sorry.
I thought it was too young, too, but I wanted to do as quickly as possible so it wouldn't get worse!! (And be more "obvious" when I had something done!) The side of my neck was actually bruising, which has completely disappeared!
I had a great doctor!! From what I've read on the internet, that makes all the difference!!
Hi West VA Girl, how does your work look now...are you still happy with the results...?
Hi there, Funnyface50! I'm VERY happy with the results!!! I still have a little numbness along the side of my face (near my ears), but I've been assured that feeling will return there. Not that I need it! Knowing what I know now, I'd do it again! :-)

Wow, you look amazing! Do you have a "before" photo you'd be willing to post so we can see your transformation?

Thank you for sharing! I'm glad you're so happy with your results.

Angeimcc, can you point to any long term results from patients with LSL...I see most post for about a month but I don't see any 6 months or 12 months updates....Also what is this I am reading about that the jowles will return once the swelling goes down!!! and that LSL does not really address this with their procedure....I guess I am a little lost on these statements....Any insight or explanation would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Sure. Angiemcc! I'm just not very tech-savvy, but I'll see if I can get the "before" picture up for you!
YIKES! I hope the jowling doesn't return! So far, (a little over a month out) the swelling has gone down and my jawline is smooth - exactly what I was looking for!
You are probably the type who will look very young for another 20 years. For me, I actually READ in the LSL-info they gave me to take home, much to my disappointment, that the full laser lasts "up to 9 months". But, I read reviews stating the LSL might last 10-15 years. Why don't we just think of the "might" as "probably will"!