58 Years Old and Had the Mini Lift - Reston, VA

Hi, I did the mini lift last November in Reston,...

Hi, I did the mini lift last November in Reston, VA. My goal was to regain my jawline and tighten loosening skin around the jowel and neck area. It was excruciatingly painful for about 3 days. I am a fast healer but don't let anyone tell you you'll be back to normal in a few days. I'm now 6 months in and still recovering. My symptoms vary from headaches to a pulling sensation behind the ears and into the neck area. I would say plan on feeling half way normal after about a month. The back of my ears still feel a little lumpy and not as smooth as they were before. There are also visible scar lines in front of my ears. Luckily I rarely wear my hair tied back so it's not a problem and I'm expecting these lines to diminish or become less visible in time. The main benefit I got was to the neck area and I'm very happy with that. It definitely tightened up that area and I'm really glad I did it just for that benefit. It did very little for the rest of the face. I thought I looked fantastic when I was still swollen but when the swelling went down I was back to how I looked pre-surgery -- except for a tighter neckline that is. The post op care you receive is very minimal and thankfully I didn't have any major problems. If I were to do it again I would go to a more professional practice where you're not in an out like on an assembly line. Regardless of what they say, this is a serious procedure. Whenever you have your skin cut into in this manner it leaves you exposed to any kind of infection. I am telling my friends now not to bother or at the very least have it done in a place where they will receive better after care.
Dr. Lindsay