Totally Worth It! - Reston, VA

First, I did A LOT of research before I had the...

First, I did A LOT of research before I had the CO2 Fractional Laser resurfacing done. I researched how skin heals, the laser types, costs, etc. I am also very intelligent about skin care and overall health. I am 35 and wanted to wake my face up a bit - a gift to myself. I had eye surgery a couple of years ago and the doctor had me do some Fraxel in the area afterwards. I was not impressed by Fraxel and the fact that you had to keep going back was a bit off putting. So when CO2 Fractional Laser came out I was anxious to try it.

I went to several consultations and chose Dr. D because he was the only doctor who was honest with me about what I didn't need. Every other doctor didn't hesitate when I said I was considering a mini face lift or CO2 Fractional Laser to tighten my skin and look fresher. I point blanked asked the doctors which they would recommend. 5 said the more costly mini facelift (about $8,000 more). I just turned 35, have never sun bathed, I don't yet have wrinkles, I have some scarring from acne by my chin and large pores. Dr. D said I didn't need a facelift and that what I wanted to achieve could be achieved by doing CO2 Fractional Laser. I already knew that. I just wanted an honest doctor to do it.

This procedure is a one shot thing for most people (unless you have deep acne scars - like craters). Its down time is realistically 5/6 days. Mild pain. Topical anesthesia except for the eyes where your doc will likely inject you so that you are really numb in that sensitive area.

I had the numbing cream on for an hour. The actual procedure lasted like 20 minutes. I drove myself home after with a hat on and sun glasses. The doctor said I would have some pin point bleeding and that it would look worse than it actually was. He was right.

The swelling began instantly, especially around the eye area. By the time I got home (about 15 minutes) my cheeks looked like I had scraped the pavement going 45 miles an hour - raw meat. The numbing cream had worn off. The numbness around the eyes did not go away for a while. That night my eyes wouldn't stop burning and tearing. The next day the same thing. But that went away the afternoon of the second day. That was the worst part! And having the layer of Aquafour on my face and neck for 3 days!

Day 2:
The morning after I washed my face and the dried blood washed off. I looked almost human again. Eyes were still very swollen and the skin's micro crust was beginning to form (this is where your face feels like sand paper). top skin layer has died and needs to shed to produce new, healthier skin.

I started to see white heads forming on my T-zone. These are called Milia or mild acne. They are like small white heads. This was disturbing but understandable as my entire face was covered with Aquafour 24/7, the top layer of my skin was dead and shedding and my pores needed to breathe. As I started washing my face 2/3 times a day (allowed after the first 24 hours) I started to see them go away.

Day 3:

Last day of having Aquafour all over my face. Skin still shedding. still swollen around the eyes.

Will keep writing as I heal. Looking forward to the changes.

Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

The most honest Doctor I have ever been to.

hello, how are you doing! i hope everything went well and you are just to happy to remember about us here haha
HEY, whats going on? you just fall off the face of the earth or is the treatment not good?
I had this done yesterday, and yours is so much redder than mine. and I had IV sedation... don't know how you did that with just. numbing cream. I had several fillers as well. The first day of pain was the worst.. and the aquapher is a hassle, but am hoping it's worth the 7K. Are you happy with your results at this point?
How did this turn out now that 6 months have passed...?
Please update. Now that it's been almost a week, how do you look? For me, it's been a week and two days and I am so pleased with the results. My experience was very similar to yours, except that I had some pain medication so could not drive myself home. Other than that, sounds like we progressed at the same rate. By day four, I had lost almost all the brown dead skin. A week later, everything was healed and I had new, pink skin ! Hope your experience turns out well.

Hi whrshrns,

Thanks for such a detailed review. It's now past day 3 how are you doing the communities dieing to know. Please keep us updated and welcome to the community.

Thanks,