Healing - Reston, VA

I am one week out from having my upper lids, brow...

I am one week out from having my upper lids, brow lift and fat injected into the glabella (between my eyes) and into my lips to fatter them up.

One thing I am finding is that before I had my...

One thing I am finding is that before I had my upper eyes done, I had to keep my eyes open wide to hold them open...and I keep doing it now after surgery. I have to consciously remind myself to relax them for pictures...above shows them articifically held up...which mnade me notice.

Scars are gone enough at forehead that I can now wear my hair back again and ditch the temporary bangs...that's a nice feeling. Just back from a cruise where my friends kept asking me "what was so different" but they never figured it out.

I am learning that before, I used to try to lift...

I am learning that before, I used to try to lift my eyebrows up to smile so you could see my eyes. Now I have to consciously NOT open my eyes so wide...hard to break that pattern. But two months post-op and I feel good. The stitches on my forehead are the only thing left and they are slowly dissolving and growing back the hair that was cut. I've gotten rid of the bangs that covered them...now only my hairdresser knows for sure!!

Doing just fine

It's been 3 months since my forehead lift and believe me, there were minute changes daily during that time. Initially, the swelling and bruising...then the stiffness in my forehead and overly high eyebrows and overly filled lips. But I knew things would change and they have. Today, I just feel rested...and get told that over and over. Nothing looks overdone or surgically enhanced. While my forehead still feels stiff, it's a reminder to me to put sun tan lotion on it daily and moisturize. I learned that I used to crinkle my eyes when smiling to lift up the saggy underbrows and I now try hard NOT to do so to have a natural look.

I will warn those of you over 50 that, no matter what you think or are told - this is MAJOR and your body will take some time to recover. I was TIRED for the first month and did not want to do much but I still work and needed to get out and keep the house up. I slept more at night than ever before. But about a month ago, that pattern broke and I felt much more rested and comfortable. I am ever grateful to my husband who wisely allowed me to rest and who also encouraged me to pursue this treatment. I no longer look mad all the time, but rested and a couple years younger than my 59 - I think. You tell me!

3 months after surgery

I made my 3 month check-up and have to say that I am overall very, very pleased. I have no scarring, no puckering, swelling is gone and I look rested and back to normal. NO one questions the surgery but I do get a lot of questions about if my hair is different etc. I found the surgery took a lot out of me PHYSICALLY even though it was outpatient, but even that is now over. Don't hesitate - do it! The results are worth it in the end!!
Reston Plastic Surgeon

internet. MY doctor has a sign that says plastic surgery is for the courageous and I would agree with that as this was much more than I anticipated...and hopefully worth it.

You look amazing!

Wow, you look fantastic. You've made great progress so far. Thanks a bunch for posting your story and photos.

Thanks for the pics! Have your brows come down since the surgery? I'm investigating brow lifts and I hear they come down some after surgery so they are pulled higher than necessary initially during the surgery as they will "settle" lower later on. Is this true?
They HAVE come down since the surgery and I don't feel I have a surprised look anymore...but because mine were intially BELOW the brow line (where men's are supposed to be), it made a big difference. I am now 3 weeks out and still see daily changes...I think I have at least another month before I really know where my brows will settle and how big my lips will be. Kinda the mystery and fun of this...as crazy as that sounds!
Great attitude and thank you kindly for the answer! Hope your healing progresses nicely and that you are doing well! Have a great week and keep us posted! :-)