Excellent Doctor ! -Reston, VA

I was referred to Dr. Mountcastle by my personal...

I was referred to Dr. Mountcastle by my personal doctor after a bad experience with another surgeon. I had a lipoma lump in my back close to my spine removed eight month earlier, only to have it begin to grow back within two months.

So I scheduled the appointment with Dr Mountcastle, and from the moment I entered his office there was a much more personal and friendly treatment from his staff than I had experienced with the previous Doctor's office, and surprisingly, there was NO WAIT !

When I met Dr. Mountcastle, along with ability to explain the procedure and answer all questions thoroughly, his professionalism and confidence was reassuring and I must say he backed it up completely.

While he was examining the lipoma, I mentioned that I had been severely burned as a child, and he asked to see the scars. He was extremely impressed with the work and the results. Then, at one point he asked me "do yo realize you have a hernia ? I was surprised but not shocked because in years past I experienced some intermittent pain in my stomach while lifting weights, but it usually subsided quickly.

I felt very confident enough with Dr. Mountcastle, and scheduled both surgeries to be performed within a two week period. I could not be more pleased with the results. He used the same incision the last doctor had made for the lipoma, to avoid additional scarring. My comfort level throughout his procedure was immensely improved as compared to my last experience.

He left NO visible scar in my navel from the hernia surgery, and did a fantastic job with that as well. I can honestly say that I would recommend Dr. Mountastle to my family and closest friends which speaks volumes. He obviously performs much more than cosmetic surgery, and when all is said and done, I know I could not have had a better doctor ! Thanks Dr. Mountcastle

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your experience with us!

Wow, gad you were able to find out about, and have the hernia fixed at the same time. Sounds like your outcome was great. Did you have much downtime following your surgery?
Actually. I went to work to work for a half day because it was Christmas eve. I don't really suggest that to anyone, but I am stubborn, and I did not take the strong pain killers prescribed just 600mg of Ibuprophin in the morning and before bed. No heavy lifting for a few weeks, I am a singer in a band so I was concerned that I had a show 7days after the surgery and if I needed to belt out a song 3 or for days after I could not have, but in 7 days, I was fine. it has ben 11 days and it is still a tiny bit tender but only if I touch it, so for the most part it has been a very easy healing process and I contribute a lot to the doctor. Hope that is helpful.
Working right after that surgery? Definitely braver than I am! I would have been home, in bed, being waited on! ;-)

I'm glad you seem to be doing well and everything is healing as it should. Please do keep us updated with your progress. :-)
Ashburn General Surgeon