After Gastric By-Pass Face Lift - Reston, VA

After losing 150 lbs. from gastric by pass, I had...

After losing 150 lbs. from gastric by pass, I had a significant amount of lose skin on my entire body, but my face bothered me the most since that was the part I could not cover.

The lack of necessity of staying over night and a prolonged recooperation were the things that attracted. I was literally back to work 4 days later, didn't look pretty but felt okay. The bruising took well over 6 weeks to be gone.

The improvement was great,my skin looked almost like it did before the by pass, but I do feel it could have been tighter, I still have some sagging skin especially on the left side of my face I still have what they call the parenthess around my mouth, and alot of wrinkles at the upper cheekbones.

All in all I feel I definitely look better, but not as good as I could have. It seems that well after the after pictures were taken, more swelling went down and the skin has gotten looser already.

I too had the LSlift at Reston. I am now 2 years out from surgery and now see very little benefit from the procedure. I had weight loss surgery and had lost about 100 lb. That was a catalist for me to seek surgery. I am now 55yrs old so I was 53 on surgery day. My cost was $5700 and in hind sight it truly was NOT worth it. I am presently looking for another plastic surgeon to perform a real face lift on me. I did go back to my original surgeon for a conciltation and he wants to bring me back in and tighten me up etc... at a dicounted price of $5500!!! I have decided to pass. I will take my business elsewhere and take my chances. I do not recommend this procedure to anyone. I feel its a true rip-off. Pay the extra money up front and get the work you really need!
I had mine done 2 yrs ago in Reston too. I was afraid of being pulled too tight so I asked not too be overly pulled tight. In a way I wish I would not have said that. I have too get filler on the corners of my mouth. That was the main reason I wanted the lift because I hated the sag at the corners of my mouth. I only go once a yr. for fillers but it is a pain and 2 hrs of travel time. After over two yrs. people tell me I look onbetter and more natural as time goes. It has totally made a difference in my looks. You do look great!!!! I was back too work 4 days too.

Congrats on your weight loss, Janice. You look fabulous! I have a family member who is having gastric bypass next year. I'd be grateful if you could pass along any words of wisdom about the surgery.

Never met the Doctor prior to or immediately after the surgery, met him for the 1st time at the 1st follow up visit for all of 10 minutes, then at the 6 week after for after pictures. The staff was always courtesous and professional, never waited very long. they were suppose to e-mail me my before and after pictures but never did.