Lower Face and Neck Lift with Lipo - Reno, NV

Pros: I look great and 10 years younger Cons:...

Pros: I look great and 10 years younger
Cons: none
Motivation: to look as good as possible for as long as possible.
Outcome: I look just like the same person, but no hanging cheeks, no nasolabial fold, nice clean jaw line, and the neck of my youth.
Changed my life? Yes, every day when I look in the mirror.
I was well prepared. I did spend 3 nights in a hotel with a full kitchen, and could have stayed longer, because all I did was rest and watch TV. I did not want any help and had all the food I needed. Husband stayed the night before surgery and the next night. I was glad to see him leave, but he was great while he was with me.

By the way, this was my second facelift. I had one done age 50 and now I am 65. The timing for both procedures waserfect for me. Many ladies wait too long, so the change is more drastic. It was great not to have to watch my face fall from age 50 to 60.

I am now 9 weeks out. I would do this again in a...

I am now 9 weeks out. I would do this again in a heartbeat. I look great, feel great. The neck and lower face look great. I still have numbness, but expect that will resolve slowly. I have no complaints, but would have stayed a week in the hotel if I had to do it again.
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Dr McCormick is Board Certified in PS and Stanford trained. I saw before and after pics of other similar patients. She did a Great job, I look very natural but younger. Her price was reasonable and I have healed quickly. Minimal bruising. I am 4 weeks out and look better than I expected. My side effects are minimal. She spent 3 hours repositioning my muscles and fat, tightening muscles under my chin and liposuctioned under the chin also. My face was round the first 2 weeks, but now my jailing has come through and is perfect. The scar is barely noticeable. I still have inflammation and a hard feeling in the tissues. I used a paint roller on my face twice a day. It is a gentle way to smooth the underlying tissue. I have one sub cutaneous knot that will slowly dissolve. Each day I get back more sensation and I look so good and am so happy. As to friends reactions, they have all been positive. My brothers think PS is bad in general. However they are older than I and I know I look great. We all have different value systems. My lady friends all want to do the same thing! I am thrilled!

I'm so excited to read your and FunTNGirl responses on your surgery. I am 11 days out from lower face/neck lift and lower blepharoplasty. Swelling going down each day, but still have that round look to face and swelling under chin. Go back to work on day 17, so hoping I will be presentable. You both are giving me hope that it gets better and better!
The less I do the more quickly I heal..but it is SO hard! Yesterday was way too active even though I am two days away from four weeks out. I had my friend over for the day and we went to the beach( quite a haul). Of course I was totally covered and not even getting reflective rays. Today I have had to take it easy. I can tell as time passes that overdoing it does not show as much outside as it does in soreness and tightness. So that is one good thing about progressing along. I also straightened my hair for the first time today. Have been going au naturale!! What a lot of work! But it does lift the spirits. I think you will be the only one who notices at work when you return esp if you take tylenol and advil to keep your movements normal!!:)
I totally agree with you on overdoing it. When I wake up in the morning, I feel looser in the face/neck area and by the end of the day, I am tighter again. Went to visit my mom with family yesterday and she came up behind me and started rubbing my shoulders because she saw my neck and shoulders all tensed up and I didn't realize it! I'm worried about getting back to work because I work in a hospital and see a lot of patients and am very hands on all day. Oh well, it is what it will be. For the next 6 days I'm treating myself like the queen that I am!!
I totally agree with mic123 on the week stay in the hotel. I stayed one week with help for five days..four nights by hubby. My surgery was four and a half hours and sounds exactly like yours and I am 50. I also had scar revision from a former neck lift. I am patiently waiting for the swelling to continue to subside so it is nice to hear how thrilled you are with your results...that is great!!!
I'm recovering from a lower face and neck lift - my first - I'm 48. I'm only a week out and have the expected swelling and the hard feeling all along my jaw but I saw my surgeon today (it's been one week) and he is perfectly happy with how I look. He said I'm exactly where I should be. My surgery took 5 hours because he was really trying to get my neck to drape in a certain way. I'm looking forward to the swelling to go down so I can see and enjoy my new profile.