So Far I Am Not Impressed... - Reno, NV

I got the procedure in February 2011- I have not...

I got the procedure in February 2011- I have not had a check up by the doctor since then and am scheduled for a check up in June.

I did my research before making the decision to go with the doctor I chose. I used online reviews and investigated the procedure itself thoroughly. I was optimistic that it would benefit me.

I am 5'4/112 pounds. After reading up on lipotherme I recall that it is meant for people with problem areas so I figured that was perfect for me. I had lipotherme performed on my stomach, my waist, inner and outer thighs.

I was also talked into doing the SmoothShapes procedure (I think it was 8 sessions for $1,000) as well to improve the appearance of my skin on the inner and the outer thighs.

I followed the instructions in wearing the compression garment for two months. I am not fully satisfied with my results. The only part I am satisfied with is the waist - I feel that is the only place that she "removed my problem area."

She took a total of 2 pounds out of my whole body, from those four areas. My inner and outer thighs' texture did not improve, despite the procedure I paid for in recommendation of the doctor. My outer thighs have an uneven look to them, lumpy almost. I am leaning towards "NOT WORTH IT!!" so far.

Hi Hz -- Sorry you didn't get the results you were looking for. Are you planning on doing any revisions, or a different procedure?

Hi Sharon, I am planning on doing either a revision or a different procedure. I am not sure it will be with the same doctor. I am still reviewing and researching my options.
I would highly recommend Dr. McCormack of McCormack Plastic Surgery. I had the same thing done on my arms and chin and am thrilled with the results!!!I have heard that Dr. Talbott is very conservative in her lipo. Just a thought!
Reno Plastic Surgeon