Advice Needed on Itching!? - Reno, NV

Everything fantastic, love my results, however,...

Everything fantastic, love my results, however, now that the numbness is gone the itching has set in. I'm thinking that the less I scratch the better. What do you think, experience appreciated. The itching is in the scalp...I don't want to irritate it so it won't go away, and also I look like I could have head lice with all this scratching.. Driving my husband crazy...Thanks for any info.
By the way had face lift, brown lift, lower eyes, and throat. Looks great. Super Doctor.
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Super good, great Dr. = great staff

Put ice on your head...it deadens the nerve endings and they don't transmit. My dr explained that this is the nerve pathways re-opening...and 8 months later, I still itch some, but just put an ice pack on for 3 minutes and it disappears.
I had the lift a little over a year ago and the itching has been so intense I have scratched some of my hair out. It is so bad it occasionally wakes me up at night even. The steroid cream I used did not help because as mlouise described, it is not "topical". I will ask about the Neurontin but does this eventually go away ever or at least get better? Thanks, krs, Jacksonville, fl
hi krs, mine is getting better lil by little. Nerves are funny...let me know if the neurontin helps. Itching sucks worse than pain!
Dear MLouise, my surgery was July 8, facelift, necklift, eyelids, the itching and nerve pings were unbelievably bad, and I am now taking neurontin for this @ 100 mg 3x daily. It has helped soooo much! Try it?

Thanks for posting on RealSelf! Have you asked your doctor about a steroid creme or injections? Itchiness stinks! I hope it goes away soon.

We'd also love to know a little more about you and your procedure! Details are so helpful for others looking into a brow lift.