Yes It Hurts - Reno, NV

I'm reading through these reviews after having the...

I'm reading through these reviews after having the procedure and most are saying they didn't feel much pain. I was also given weak pain killers { which mostly just gave me a mild head ache} and a local numbing agent applied to my face. After about an hour the Doc started skinning my face with his laser all the while assuring me it didn't hurt that much. I was shaking from pain so badly that the nurse and Doctor both asked several times if I was cold. (No, I'm being slowly skinned alive and my body is releasing large amounts of adrenalin because it wants to defend itself.) But I bullied through, my Doctor a little disappointed because he had wanted to be more aggressive than my tolerance for the pain allowed. My nervous system isn't dulled by years of drinking and self abuse and my tolerance to pain meds is very high. Most people get through this procedure with little pain { depending on the setting of the laser} Is it worth it? 100% yes. the new skin is showing through, the Doc said 30% improvement but I'd say I'm seeing closer to 80% smoother skin.
Don't let them tell you it's painless.

Been my Doctor for years.

I would agree. I had it done, and It was definitely painful. I too shook while on the table.
What a guy! My God, you are amazing and such and inspiration - hope you have healed well and very happy with results Well done Sir! many hugs from England
My redness doesn´t disappear and it has been 2 months since the treatment
Did your doc give you any RX's? My face looked pretty close to "yes it hurts" renoNV's and I was only red for 7-10 days. Kel from the D. Arent you in Detroit or Im I mistaken?
I had this done yesterday and I think I had a "deep" treatment like you. I am still in pain maybe I went from a 10 to a 4 but the discomfort is almost unbearable at times. I got this done on my upper arms and shoulders. I haven't figured out a good way to sleep yet so I'm looking for suggestions. I tried putting an alcohol sanitized trash bag over my pillow and I've tried sleeping on a towel. I'm just afraid that it is going to get infected unless I sleep sitting up straight. Sigh...

I was given a number of small numbing shots all over my face and those definitely stung, the pain was sharp, but short. The laser itself also hurt in several places as she went deeper into heavier wrinkles. Again, the pain was very sharp, but faded quickly.

How are you doing? I just had full face on wednesday and I cant take Any pain meds due to liver issues but ok will u update photos
For how long did the redness remain on your skin?

Had co2 fraxel with no numbing cream and no pain killers. Hurt when they did it and for a few hours after. Not a big deal.

Wow my skin did not look like that. He really did skin you.
I am having smartxide dot laser tomorrow before the long weekend. nervous but excited to have an improvement in skin tone! thank you for sharing your journey
wow thank you fore being so honest Im think about doing this after i had a fraxel treatment and was not satisfied. i know I need more serious treatments. I was going to take 2 weeks off is that enough time. Is it itchy when its healing?
I just got it done yesterday but I'm planning to go back to work tomorrow. I say you probably need no more than 5 days off.
What did you have done specifically? I had full face. Very important first ten days I talk or see my doc numerous times a week. For ultimate results you need 3 months to heal. I know...but I am wearing a surgical mask if I have to go out.
You had WHAT done yesterday and going back to work tomorrow? There is no way you could've had a full CO2 laser resurfacing done and go back to work the next day. I've had it done and you're in the house for almost 2 weeks. Now, if on the other hand you had the Fractol/Fractel CO2 then that's completely different regarding the severity. Please let us know.
I wound up taking a couple more days off. It was healing well but started to swell up again after a few days. The itch was unbearable. I had it done on my upper arms so I was able to hide it and return to work. My arms are healing well. My bf said it looks a lot better but I'm not 100% satisfied. I'm considering another treatment. Only obstacle is that since I got it done on my body it takes several months to heal/for the laser marks to fade.

Oh my....not sure I could handle this one!!   Ouch..

Definitely keep posting the pictures as you heal.  Thank you for posting the detailed review.