Too Old? Too Scared? - Reno, NV

Hi girls, I'm 40. I've honestly been thinking...

Hi girls,

I'm 40. I've honestly been thinking about doing a BA for 8 years...ever since I stopped nursing my youngest child. I am 5'9" about 128 lbs. I had a small C before kids but they never looked like a C because of my height.

Here's what's holding me back:
1.) Am I too old? I try to stay in shape and don't feel my age, but there's a little part of me that says, "What's the point now?" I hope this doesn't offend any of you who are my age or older that have done it.....I'm just being honest about what's going through my head.

2.) More importantly- autoimmune disease runs all through the women in my family. I also am scared that implants might be the "tipping point" that freaks my immune system out and sends me into an autoimmune disease? (No one in my family has had BA....just lucky with genetics.)

I have a consult with a doctor in March. I wouldn't do anything until after ski season is over (I'm very "sporty," would also hate if boobs got in my way?" All that being said, I feel like a sad, deflated version of myself with my current (like I said, deflated-) A cup.

Thanks everyone! Would love to hear your thoughts. xo

40 is definitely not too old! You'll care how you look all the way through, believe me. Definitely so some research into the autoimmune stuff... and please keep us posted!

Here's what doctors have to say about implants and autoimmune diseases.

If you want to read the other side, check out the breast implant removal community on RealSelf.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm 48 and I am scheduled for my BA on January 21st. I work out and I'm in the best shape of my life. I've asked myself the same questions you are asking, but in the end, I decided the pros outweighed the cons. I am doing this for me and no one else. Like you, I am very active. I lift weights, run, etc... Through weightlifting I have been able to change my shape, but I have no control over my breast tissue. I'm barely a B cup (if that). My doctor understands my lifestyle and what I am hoping to achieve. I don't think the size I have chosen will interfere. I cannot speak to the autoimmune disorder. That's something that you will need to discuss with the doctor. Good luck!
Never too old!
Here's a great article on implants from the Mayo clinic Mayo clinic http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/breast-implants/WO00052 I am 43 have implants, compete in fitness industry, 40 is young my friend you have an entire life ahead of you, I promise 40 is not the last journey to the golden years lol. I got my implants at 35 and went slightly bigger at 40. I have no regrets and no health problems.