Too Old? Too Scared? - Reno, NV

Hi girls, I'm 40. I've honestly been thinking...

Hi girls,

I'm 40. I've honestly been thinking about doing a BA for 8 years...ever since I stopped nursing my youngest child. I am 5'9" about 128 lbs. I had a small C before kids but they never looked like a C because of my height.

Here's what's holding me back:
1.) Am I too old? I try to stay in shape and don't feel my age, but there's a little part of me that says, "What's the point now?" I hope this doesn't offend any of you who are my age or older that have done it.....I'm just being honest about what's going through my head.

2.) More importantly- autoimmune disease runs all through the women in my family. I also am scared that implants might be the "tipping point" that freaks my immune system out and sends me into an autoimmune disease? (No one in my family has had BA....just lucky with genetics.)

I have a consult with a doctor in March. I wouldn't do anything until after ski season is over (I'm very "sporty," would also hate if boobs got in my way?" All that being said, I feel like a sad, deflated version of myself with my current (like I said, deflated-) A cup.

Thanks everyone! Would love to hear your thoughts. xo