Breast Augmentation Revision - Reno, NV

I originally had my breasts done in November 2009...

I originally had my breasts done in November 2009 by a doctor in Sacramento, CA. I got saline under the muscle. In November 2011, I woke up to a very deflated left breast :( the horror!! I had since moved to Reno, so I researched plastic surgeons in the area and Dr. Dahan had a ton of amazing reviews. I called for a consultation and they squeezed me right in despite Dr. Dahan's busy schedule. He made me feel so comfortable - immediate rapport with him. He got me a surgery date within 1 week of my consultation given the urgency of my situation, which was amazing!! He and his staff were incredibly kind and accommodating. I have gone in for a few post-op appointments (standard) and I get greeted by my first name, despite the months in between visits!! Amazing doctor!! I highly recommend Dr. Dahan!!
Reno Plastic Surgeon

I can't imagine waking up to a deflated implant. Did you have any warning or symptoms that this was going to happen? What size implants did you get with each surgery? Did you have to take time off work for your recovery? So glad you're happy with your results...congratulations!
Hi Beth :) No - there were no warning signs at all, which is crazy - my activity was the same for the 2 years I had the implants before the deflation - I literally just woke up one day and 1 breast was super "floppy" and so small!! Dr. Dahan told me after surgery that the deflated implant had a tiny tear in it, so it had probably been leaking for a while until it finally just burst. The first time around I got 375cc in the right and 350cc in the left (saline). This second time I wet up to 475cc (figured if I am going back under, I might as well go bigger) - the 100cc increase made my breasts fuller, which is what I wanted :) After about an hour long discussion with Dr. Dahan, I opted to go silicone for the 2nd augmentation - I am soooo happy wit my decision. I only had to take 1 day off work (had surgery on a Thursday and was back to work that Monday) - I was driving 2 days post-op - the second time around, as far as recovery, was incredibly easy :)
Well I'm glad you were able to quickly take care of it along with a smooth recovery. I definitely see more women getting silicone these days. Just curious, what type of breast care will you have in the future with silicone? MRI's or mammograms?
Thanks Beth :) I am leaning towards MRI - I am so nervous about the pressure of a mammogram on my implants, especially since I have experienced deflation before. Plus, it is highly recommended that you get MRI 3 years after your silicone implants to make sure there is not a leak -- saline leaks faster since it is a thin liquid ... but since silicone is a thick gel, a leak is much harder to detect. I also read that MRI's are better to detect abnormalities in women with breast implants.
I'll be honest, I've read thousands of reviews and have not found anything about deflation occurring from a mammogram. I can totally understand why you would be nervous though. Perhaps you could do an MRI one year and mammos the following years, or some type of rotation so you can stay on top of your breast care prevention. Just a thought.