Cover Up Didn't Cover Up So Much... - Johnson City, TN

So, I've been...

So, I've been encouraged/nervous/hopeful/grossed-out by everyone's posts! :-) I'm looking into get one of my tattoo's removed (first consultation is tomorrow). I figured I might as well start tracking my journey now!

I first got the tattoo (which was a small, quarter-sized tribal bird) about six years ago. I never really regretted the tattoo until I had my first child and then I started getting all the questions: "What is it?" people would ask. I got tired of explaining! I decided then that I would probably get a cover-up. It took me three years after the birth of my son to get said cover-up. Only, after the artist finished...it just didn't look much like a cover-up, more like a poorly done tattoo. *sigh* Here I am four months later and I just hate it. I hate it so much. It is really way too close to my pelvic region for me to feel comfortable. I feel like it sends the wrong message and the workmanship is just shoddy.

I kept thinking that maybe I could leave it and get a different artist to fix it and maybe add more to my hip so that it doesn't look so out of place. But, then I think, no, I really hate it and I just need it to go away. Even if a laser removal only fades it, it would still be better than having this for the rest of my life. My first consultation is tomorrow and I will be able to update this further, but I figured I would at least start the journey today! :-)

So, what do you think, friends? Would you remove it? Am I just being paranoid? Any advice would be great! Also, if anyone is in the Northeast Tennessee region and knows other treatment centers, I'd love for some of that advice too!