Regular Facial Cleansing and Maintenance After IPL

I had my first IPL treatment on my face. I have a...

I had my first IPL treatment on my face. I have a question on what we can and can not do with my face after treatment. Can I wash my face with soap (liquid or otherwise), can I use makeup and/or moisturizer. What about regular maintenance such as scrub or facial mask?

Use a very glentle cleanser, do not scrub of pull your face and use sunscreen even if you don't go out.
i was told by the doctor to use aveeno gentle cleanser without any abrasives and to wear a moisturizer with sunscreen of at least 30.
I recommend getting a really gentle facial cleanser, like Cetafil (not sure if I spelled that right) or one of the drug store brands next to it on the shelf. I've had IPL before, and I just got a treatment again yesterday (doing the puffy/blotchy thing today ;) and you're going to really want to get rid of the rough patches/scabs that come up over the next week or so, but let them come off naturally! I have a bad spot on one of my cheekbones, and after my first treatment, I used a little scrub to get off the last bit of it, and I ended up with a dent in my skin where the pigment came up. It got better over time, but it took a LONG time. Just let your skin heal itself and stay away from the scrubs until all of the pigment scabs have fallen off by themselves - just my 2 cents!