So Far So Good... - Redwood City, CA

I had Smartlipo on my abs, flanks, and arms. I...

I had Smartlipo on my abs, flanks, and arms. I originally wanted to do only my arms but my doctor had a special where if you get the procedure done in 2 areas, the third was free. So I thought why not.

I had the procedure performed on 10.14.11. The procedure was relatively painless. The only discomfort I had was when they started to numb me. I asked for some more pain meds and my doctor asked the nurse to give me half a tab of vicodin, which helped a lot. I got a ride home and had to change my dressings a few hours later because I was leaking tumescent like there was no tomorrow! I didn't feel too much pain, just really sore and tight around the stomach and access points. I was really happy to see not much swelling at all and I could already see a difference! From other reviews I've read prior to my procedure, I knew not to get my hopes up until a few months went by, but felt lucky to already see a change. I slept on two towels so that I wouldn't stain my sheets. I was still feeling a little dizzy from my meds but no nausea.

The day after my procedure, still no pain and there was 90% less leaking. I just felt sore and tight around my stomach area. I had some bruising in some areas but still not much swelling. I think the garment is helping with it. I took a shower on my own and changed my dressings again. I was able to walk around on my own. I felt good enough where I didn't take any of my meds.

I have my post-op on 10.17.11 so I will update this post after. I will also request my pre and post op pictures from my doctor. Overally, I'm soooooo glad I decided to go through with this.

Dr. Gorman from Glow Skin Revived

The doctor was very informative and patient with all of my questions. The staff was amazing and really friendly. They made me feel comfortable the entire time. The nurses really took their time to get me cleaned up after the procedure.

Thanks! I just had my post-op this past Monday and the doctor and I are both very pleased with how quickly I'm recovering and the small amount of swelling and bruising I'm enduring. After the procedure, I was still feeling a little drowsy from the meds given to me prior to the procedure. I definitely wouldn't have been able to drive myself home. Once my sister dropped me off I slept for a few hours before waking up to take a vicodin. The pain was about a 2 with a tight feeling around my stomach area. The vicodin definitely helped control the pain. The next day, the pain was about a 2 and I didn't need to take the vicodin anymore. My midsection and arms felt tight still. I did not want to be in bed so I walked around a little bit and even drove to visit my friend for several hours. I will warn you that with the garment on and the tightness feeling, it'll take some effort to get up once you sit, but other than that, no pain really. As of today, zero pain and less tightness and soreness. I actually went to work on Monday and felt just fine. Everyone's tolerance is different so your experience may be better or worse. I guess I was lucky to have a more positive experience. Good luck with your procedure and I hope you have a good experience like mine!
Hi..Im supposed to have Smart Lipo done next week with the same Doctor. Are you happy with the results?
Hey there! Glad to hear you went through with the procedure. I'm going in in a few weeks for mine...I wanted to ask you, how easy was it to get around (on a scale of 1 to 10) as soon as you were done with the procedure, the next day, and now? I'm really excited but a little worried about being bed-bound for a few days? I'm extra sensitive to pain...