Smart Lipo Arms and Abdomen - Redwood City, CA

Already back to work after 2 days of surgery....

Already back to work after 2 days of surgery. First day was the worst. Still sore and have s lot of bruising. Not sure how I will cover this up for the holiday weekend coming up with the hot weather and my bruises showing. I know Doc says final results will be in 3+months but I hope I see results sooner.

5 days post-op

Still feeling sore and numbness on my abdominal area & arms. I'm wondering how long the numbness usually lasts because the compression garment has started to make me a little uncomfortable since the weather is getting so much hotter. I'm excited and trying to stay hopeful but there is one part on my right arm where it seems like a fat pocket was missed compared to my left arm, it is very noticeable. Just hoping I feel a little better on 4th of July. Not taking meds anymore, didn't really need to take pain meds but I did take it the first day & one in the AM the 2nd day just because I didn't want any "pain" to come out of nowhere. By the way, I only took the prescribed Vicodin then just Aleve the first 2 days. I see a lot of people on this forum taking Arnica cream for the bruising, but I am thinking if I should just let my body heal naturally.
Dr. Renee Marshall

Hi! I'm considering going with dr. Marshall also for lipo on the abs and flanks and wanted to ask you how you're liking your results? Any pics? Hope you're recovery is going well! Thanks.
Congrats on your lipo procedure. The numbness last for 3 mos or more. I am still numb in my right arm and it has been 13 days. Hope to see your pics and results. Have a Happy 4th of July.
Thanks twoplusone =) The numbness in my arms is really starting to get to Me now that I couldnt sleep well last night and decided to take an antiinflammatory Aleve today hoping even just a little will subside sooner than later. I guess I'm just anxious since its almost 4th of July and I might be the only one wearing long sleeves due to still having to wear my compression garment. I had the chance to see your photos yesterday and you look amazing!
Thank you for sharing your story and I'm happy to read that your procedure went well. Will you tell me more about the procedure? I'm scheduled to have my arms done in less than two weeks and I'm very curious about the amount of pain and discomfort that you experienced during the actual procedure. Also, it's great to see that you returned to work quickly. I'm scheduled to return to work on my 4th day post-op. Please post more pictures, if you can.
Hi Trudey-the most uncomfortable part of the whole procedure for me was the tumescent anesthesia process. It almost feels as if long needles are entering your skin, but it is just the anesthesia. When it was put in my abdomen, it really hurt near the belly button and in the upper abdominal area. The anesthesia entering my arms was a little more uncomfortable because it was put in really fast and I just felt the whole thing going down my arm, like a stinging pain. I went back to work but only for a short day and I was just sore, really more uncomfortable because of wearing the compression garment.
What meds did you take prior to the procedure? Do you think they helped with the pain at all?
Hi and welcome to the community! :)  The pictures are a little dark so I can't see any bruising or anything.  Actually, I can barely see it's an arm ;).  I've seen bruising dissipate in a few days, so there's hope!  Take a look at some of our other community members and you can ask around :D
Hi Twoplusone- yes it's my left arm, sorry for the quality. There is brusing in the back of my arms and under my tummy which does not show in the photos. I will try to post better quality photos without exposing myself too much as I do care about my privacy as much as possible =) Thanks for the tip! I hope to find more local members who had the same procedures as me done =)
You're pretty local to me, (I'm in Foster City,) but I didn't have any lipo (I had a Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift).  I know of two others here in Foster City who had Smart Lipo done.  calmonte and princessln both used Dr. Beck in Foster City.  Someone called SanFranny had hers done 10 months ago in San Francisco--not sure whether she feels it's worth it.  She was ambiguous back when she last posted.
And by the way, don't feel bad if you don't manage to take the Arnica.  People either do, and have no idea whether they would have healed as quickly without; or they don't, and don't know.  There's no actual scientific evidence that it does anything, so if you don't manage to get it in time, it's extremely unlikely to make a difference in your results :).  My doctor actually told me not to bother when I asked about it, because it didn't do anything.  Other doctors do prescribe it.  I'd follow what your doctor says :).