Female, 25 Yrs, No Kids, Active - Bellevue, WA

I always struggled with weight loss as a kid and...

I always struggled with weight loss as a kid and reached my goal of 130lbs back in 2009. However because of my lack of knowledge, I suffered from hyperthyroidism (graves disease) which was what had caused me to lose a lot of weight. Once medicated on methimazole and a beta blocker I shot up 60lbs in a couple months. This took a toll on me mentally physically and emotionally. I stopped taking beta blockers once my heart was back in check. Which was when my thyroid was stabilized. I quickly changed my lifestyle and took out the foods I'm allergic too as my immune system already works hard to fight off the thyroid hormones I have excessive amounts of. But I was devastated. I couldn't eat more than 1200 calories daily and had to workout only to maintain my weight! I couldn't lose no matter what. So I decided to buy myself smart lipo as a birthday present. Frontal lipo is 7-14 & back/flanks is 8-05. This is my journey...

Day 0 - Surgery & Day 1 - 5

Day 0

I have a high pain tolerance but that being said this procedure was not made to be painless. This is minimally invasive. But I think the smaller you are the less painful it is since there is less fat coming out. The medical staff made me feel great though and it went smoothly as far as I remember (ha...)

Day 1 - 5

The first 3 days were by far the most uncomfortable. I try very hard not to take pain meds they make me feel awful and I think masking pain is ridiculous. Pain is beauty. You should not be getting high and delirious while healing. But I am not a doctor so anyhow...

I walked right away. I felt like laying down and walking were the best. Sitting up sucks the most. It is day 5 and it is still not very comfortable to sit up. I also went to the natural foods store and bought Arnica. It helps with bruising and swelling. Not FDA approved so it isn't prescribed but it's herbal and I wanted to enjoy my summer so it was worth a try. As I had lipo previously and was recommended this I decided to use it again. I got doctors approval to make sure that any medication they gave me wouldn't negatively interact.

So I just want the swelling to go down. The most bruising I had was only in the lower abdomen area. Which makes the most sense. I am still feeling swollen and a little tender. I am wearing another high compression garment over the one I was given for added support as it got too big and it's the weekend. So on Monday I think I will go in and see if I should be fitted for another one. I'm still kind of nauseated a bit. I can't wait till that's over. I will update again when I am done with my 2 week with pictures and such.

Also - Dr. Levy and his staff are great. Communication is key and we have been talking back and forth via email which is awesome since I hate having to call and be on hold. I highly recommend him and his staff.

1 week - Post

I feel that I will be fine working out today. I have minor swelling it seems on my lower belly which is completely logical to me. I am going to look into this lymphatic drainage massage as it seems to be a good option for the hardness. I feel 10lbs lighter however I have not checked a scale yet. I probably won't for another week.
Bellevue Dermatologic Surgeon

He is very professional and highly confident. I can see that he only wants to create the best masterpiece and doesn't settle for average. He really seems like he cares about making a woman look and feel the best she can. I like how he also is a big advocate of working out and eating healthy. I highly recommend Dr. Levy.