Fraxel Restore: Finally Did It - Redmond, WA

Had Fraxel Restore on my face, neck and chest this...

Had Fraxel Restore on my face, neck and chest this evening. It was painful, even with the numbing cream, ice, Xanax and Percocet. She went over it with 2 passes of one wavelength and 6 passes with another. Apparently I have a low pain tolerance. I currently look and feel like I have a sunburn and slightly swollen. I have Biafine, special moisturizer, and ice packs to use tonight to take care of it.

Day 1 and 2 update

Day 1 - My face was extremely swollen when I woke up. I fell asleep before I could ice the night of the procedure (due to the drugs I imagine), which probably contributed. My face was so swollen when I woke up that I could see the tops of my cheeks when looking straight ahead! The swelling went down to the point where I didn't look too scary after being upright for a few hours. The treated areas are very red and they feel hot, like I have a bad sunburn. Towards the end of the day, I'm starting to see darker pigment spots and some "coffee ground" spots, similar to IPL. Also, my skin feels sandpaper-ish.

Day 2 - Swelling is still there, but not as bad. My skin doesn't feel hot today, just tight/dry and still has the sandpaper texture. Can't wait for it to start sloughing off!!!
Staci