Biggest Regret - Redding, CA

I had eagerly awaited a mommy makeover since I had...

I had eagerly awaited a mommy makeover since I had my first son, but waited until I was done having kids and lost the extra little baby weight. I have always been a small girl (size 2 even before my procedure), I just had extra skin and the effects of breastfeeding 3 babies. Having Dr. Ball do my surgery is probably one of the biggest mistakes of my life. Dr. Ball completely removed my belly button, I’m not exaggerating when I say I have NO belly button, he left me with a 5 inch vertical incision on my stomach, and to make matters worse he still left extra skin and one side of his 'w' incision has more skin than the other so i look ridiculous. Before I could at least blame the stretch marks, extra skin, and less than ideal bathing suit body on kids-- but now I am out $15k and I look deformed! On top of that my breast augmentation has issues as well. He did a procedure (donut lift) that I have now been told isn’t good to do for women with poor skin laxity (which would be me with the extra skin from babies). My nipples are now HUGE and even the most modest of bathing suits and bras have a hard time covering them.
Essentially from the moment I saw my incisions/results from my surgery I had been vocal about the results not meeting what we had discussed. His answer was always to let things heal, give it time, all of which I have done. I am now six months post operation, and at my most recent appointment (August 7, 2014) he claimed my results were near perfect and textbook. Yet, at this same appointment he said, “You don’t have much of a belly button”, and offered to help address that issue at yet another cost to me. I addressed the remaining excess skin/unevenness of my stomach and he offered to do liposuction at yet another cost to me if I was “striving for perfection”. (this wont help with extra skin still remaining however) I also addressed the continuing issue with my right breast having pussy fluid accumulating on the incision site (almost cist like) , which I have been seen for and called about on numerous occasions, and his response is it might be a pocket from a knot and to give it time to heal. This specific problem not only has caused additional pain/tenderness, but has resulted in a quite a large and unattractive scar on my breast. His solution to fixing this was removing the scared area and reclosing, yet again at my expense.
I have seen two well respected plastic surgeons since my surgery to assess my progress and my so called “text book results”, both of which were almost speechless as to what has happened in my case. In addition to my results, they seemed quite worried at the length of time Dr. Ball kept me under anesthesia for the procedures performed. One of the surgeons was so upset with my results he even personally called Dr. Ball to highly recommend that he give me a refund since corrective surgery is required. He did this not as my doctor, but as a highly concerned medical professional. What should have been a pretty simple procedure, has left me with issues I can only hope to improve. I will never get the chance again to completely start over and have the amazing results I should have had, he has essentially robbed me of this. I am left with a deformed looking stomach, no trace of a belly button, my stomach is uneven and excess skin remains, and my breasts are badly scared.

More pictures as requested...

I've had messages requesting pictures. I will try and take some sitting down and bending over. It's just hard and a tad depressing putting it out there for the world to see. Humiliated doesn't begin to cover it

Extra Skin views

Belly pics

I deleted the extra skin pics cause i was getting a not nice person harassing me, but then I realized my whole point was to help other people avoid this happening to them and in order to do that I have to show all the pics... So here I go
Redding Plastic Surgeon

That's really sad and makes me really cross about how you have been treated. He's made your life a misery for the past months when this should of been your time! This man needs to pay up and let a decent PS do the work properly I hope you get this sorted lots of hugs xx
hi. while reading ur story i just cried how is this possible.That somebody who claim to be a doctor can do this. u put ur life and trust in him.not to mention ur selfasteem because this surgery suppose to lift u up to feel good about ur body how can he just not consider all that. just thinking only about the money he will get. gosh words cannot describe how am feeling now regarding ur story. i hope there will be a way for u to correct this mess that he made. so at least t would look as u want.dont mind those people talking negative. as long its not at there doorstepp the some people just dont care.let them be happy/pray that there surgery went ok or going to be ok. Your in my prayer and dont loose hope.and keep trying to get back ur money ur money will/must not be an easy pay for him.God bless and remember we ar ur realself sisters her on the site so u can say how ur feeling etc alot of us will support and listen to you.
Thank you so much for your support. I'm really hoping the insurance gives me a refund but we shall see. This whole thing has just been miserable and I wouldn't wish it on anyone, which is the only reason I put this review up.... It's important for people to see what is actually occurring. I wish someone would have had a review up like mine before I got my surgery done... I never would have chose to go to where I did. Live and learn, but unfortunately mine mistake an just be made better and not completely fixed. I honestly feel he really believes he did a great job, he recently offered to address the belly button issue (no remaining skin issue), but I 1. Don't trust his abilities and 2. I researched how he was planning on doing my belly button issue and it seems pretty archaic. I look pretty great with clothes on (I work out a lot so I would hope I do lol and I did prior I my surgery also), but in bathing suits or naked I just feel horrible. The whole point of the surgery was to feel comfortable in my own skin again and I like my pre PS body better and this one just makes me feel like a freak show. I eagerly await getting some type of fix. Thank u for ur support it means a lot especially when some aren't so nice and the dr who did this repeatedly tells me I'm basically crazy for not liking my results and having a revision is a horrible idea.
Your welcome. Everybody could see right thru this person and thankfully so didn't RS who took down her unwarranted and totally ridiculous remarks. Your story most definitely needed to be told to help other. Thank you for being so brave to do so and to include photos as well! Best of luck!!
Hun Ur not crazy that doctor is realy tripping. And very proud of u that u put ur belly pics up again u have nothing to be embarresd about nor a shame for.This is ur story and i should be told.So other realself sisters can also see another side instead of only succes stories especially about this doctor. Dont let them haters put u down with there remarks. Know words can hurt and i trust realself to remove all hurtfull remarks.concentrate on all supportive ones post by ur other realself sisters. And if you wish to reply does haters just tell them thank u for ur comment i will pray for u LOL. Its no fun for them if the person they comment on is not responding as they hoped. If u get what i mean. English is not my native language so grammar issues may occure LOL
Again ... Thank you, mommmyof3bebes for sharing your story and very personal pics. Your journey is just as important as anyone else's here. It's an unfortunate reminder that CS does have risks and unfavorable results. I'm rooting for you, Chica!
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I respect your opinion, but no hidden agendas, just want ppl to know who they are going to. You have the right to ur opinion as I have a right to mine. I'm very glad you are happy with ur results, but obviously I'm not (not to mention other professionals agree). You seem to have ur own agenda, I simply put pictures up (both before and after I might add) and posted my opinions. Take it or leave it, that's ur choice...
I think the photos speak volumes for themselves! Clearly she does not have a belly button. Isn't that cosmetic surgery 101? Accusing someone of a hidden agenda just because you were satisfied is uncalled for. Also it's easy to say everybody in the world that I know went to him and he's a miracle worker? She is clearly not one of the miracles he performed as he completely left out a belly button??? For $15000.00 he should be fixing it for free! I guess everybody has a bad day sometimes. Mommyof3bebes you still look good, don't be embarrassed. It's unfortunate that an opinion can't be expressed without someone with her own agenda chimes in like your issues don't matter. Good luck and I hope this doctor realizes his mistakes and fixes them like he should.
I think u look great considering no belly button. I think your tummy looks pretty tight! But yes if expect better results with 15k and him trying to charge u more is messed up :/. Which two other doctors did u go see?
It's hard to tell in pictures, but in person especially on one side I still have excess skin and it just is u even which sucks. U expect after having a tummy tuck to have the extra skin and saggy stomach prob fixed. A belly button is kind of an odd thing not to have, it makes me feel kinda like a freak show! Dr. Thomas in chico does good work, but I'm choosing to go to Dr. Kaufman in Folsom cause he is just downright amazing!
I'm considering dr. Thomas! So that makes me feel better I can't believe I found someone semi close to me on here. And I understand that. I wouldn't want to not have a belly button either. And I want my tummy to be super tight too. I just think for what went wrong with you, you still look good. Plastic surgery is risky business its freaking me out a bit. I'm considering dr. Thomas and dr. Skiles. But dr. Skiles doesn't show pix of her work. Ladies on her staff shown their results but it makes me nervous
Just do your homework and if you have the slightest doubt or worry about a surgeon pick a new one! My hip bones don't show anymore either, I think how my muscles and skin drape did something to make it look poofy and weird, they used to poke out a bit and now u can't even tell I have any:( In tight dresses, pants, etc you can see the unevenness and it looks awkward. I don't think PS is a risky business of you pick a great surgeon, but Unfortunately I picked someone who isn't up to current standards and now I get to try and fix it... It's why I chose to put what I consider intimate and quite embarrassing pics of myself online to help others. I'm in shape and I've worked hard to be a smaller size after having 3 kiddos, but any part of me that looks good is through my hard work not because any part of my procedure. I was in shape before so all he had to do was remove skin and do a few tweaks and he screwed up... As a poster said before a belly button is ps101 for tummy tucks. Review the follow up pics of me bending over or sitting down... 6 mo out from a tummy tuck at a size 2 shouldn't look like that.
Can't you call the board of plastic surgery as well as the attorney general in your state to report him? Also if he doesn't refund your money maybe a visit to an atty would help him refund it? You should not be incurring further costs for his not doing his job right the first time. What an incompetent dr he is.? Yes everybody should hear your story. Best of luck!!
I'm going through a process with his insurance company to hopefully get a refund. What a lot of ppl forget is you sign a lot of rights away when having plastic surgery... Hopefully by getting my story out there I'll help someone, but unfortunately plastic surgeons are protected a lot by ur waivers we sign.
I know it's so true, but I don't know if negligence on the surgeons part is covered under this. I remember all those forms from my surgery. He is definitely a hack (no belly button) come on. Where did it go?? This is ps 101. I sure hope that his insurance company can refund you as it is a lot cheaper for them than a law suit. I'm sure another surgeon can fix this for you and you'll look great!! Good luck and best wishes!!
OH.MY.GOSH ... I'm extremely sorry this happened to you! Please continue to fight for a full refund AND put his name out there to prevent this from happened to other people. He's a HEEL! And if only to save face, he should have refunded your money and put apologized for the shoddy work. I'm praying for you ...
The fact that he could do such a thing to you and not feel the least bit inclined to own up to it, and help you fix the problem is mind boggling. What a bastard! I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I hope things work out in such a way that you can get some sort of satisfaction/revision, or both hopefully.
I have a revision scheduled with another doctor in December cause I obviously don't feel confident in his abilities and he obviously doesn't see anything wrong.
You need to send the pictures to the medical board, attorney general, BBB,state senator. and him... Make sure ALL names are included at the bottome of the letter next to CC'd along with a letter from the other plastic surgeon. ... THIS WILL PUT PRESSURE ON THE DR TO GIVE YOUR MONEY BACK!!! Please do it and get his name out there. Maybe call a local news station, stsrt a FB page etc. He will want to shut you up.
He did offer me $2k not to post bad reviews, but I'm not interested in bribes- I want a refund because that's the right thing to do. I received a call from his insurance company letting me know they are having an out if state doctor review my file and pictures to see if a refund is warranted so we shall see.
Make sure you send reviews from your own Dr!!! A new one ;) I used to work for the mical community... ;) Send in the other medical opinions as they are required to be a part of your file!! Praying you get a refund!!!
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

If you are so happy with his results, you put urself out there and be vulnerable and show personal pictures that are intimate in nature as I have. Let ur review show ur feelings instead of bashing my own personal experience and feelings. You seem to be rather defensive and to have ur own agenda....
Boy oh boy, now your attacking someone's frame of mind?? I wonder who has the hidden agenda here??? The more you defend this doctor the more people can see your agenda? Wow!! And I'm sure the conversation didn't go "oh by the way dr. Did I mention that I don't want a belly button" ?? Get real!