Just 27 Hours Post-op, but Feeling Great!

I am a 46 y/o female, who has lost only about 22...

I am a 46 y/o female, who has lost only about 22 pounds, and has another 15 lbs to lose. Nevertheless, I decided to undergo a brachioplasty. I am.getting married in June, and after seeing photos of me on various wedding gowns I tried on a couple months ago, I knew I wanted the procedure done in time to be relatively healed before my wedding.

The surgery took about 3.5 hours, and included some lipectomy of the area, as well as the lift. Even years ago when I weighed 30 less than I do now (currently at 145 @ 5' 2"), I had huge upper arms! I chose the same plastic surgeon who did my abdominoplasty, after having giant 7 pound twins. Dr. B is known for being maticulous.

I am feeing great this next day. I haven't needed my prescribed pain mess or anti-nausea meds. It just stings a little. Like I cut myself shaving. I do have swelling in my hands, but got permission to loosen the compression bandages. I am a tecber on spring break, and can't wait to return in 2 weeks with skinnier arms!

Thank you Sharon. I am now 6 weeks out, and am happy with the result. It (the recovery) was not without incident... I had a slow-healing wound (not infected) under the armpit of the right arm, but I just did what my surgeon said to do: wash it daily with warm soapy water, apply POLYsporin (not NEOsporin), and cover it with a bandage to keep it moist. On my own, I also supplemented with extra vitamin C, zinc, and grapeseed extract. Eventually during the 4th week, it went from a gaping hole the size of a pinky finger, to completely closed. I'm told I'll need a little revision of the scar in a year, but overall, I'm happy.

Congrats on your surgery! Glad to hear you're feeling good afterwards.

If you have time we'd love to hear about your tummy tuck as well: Write a tummy tuck review

Good luck with the rest of your recovery and please keep us posted on your progress.

Redding Plastic Surgeon

Considers himself an artist, and works thoroughly and meticulously to help you achieve the aesthetic you desire.