Who Knew I Could Look This Good? - Randwick, AU

I had always been big breasted and quite...

I had always been big breasted and quite unbalanced. I gained weight through menopause and my breasts became even bigger (G cup). I started to lose weight but nothing was coming off my breasts and I was restricted in my exercise choices. So I decided to have a breast reduction - my friends tell me I had talked about it in my twenties but obviously I didn't thing it was necessary then! I contacted several surgeons and consulted two.

AT one stage, it was suggested to me that female surgeons offered the extra advantage of understanding what it was like as a woman and they would offer as a matter of course relevant advice about things like what bras to get to wear after the surgery. Maybe they can and would - but I wanted the surgeon to be really good at the surgery - rather than lecture me about things like my weight and my bras (which the female surgeon I consulted did) or provide advice about things which I can research to suit myself - like what moisturising cream to use. Dr Moradi's technical surgical skills were fantastic, his bedside manner terrific and the team he has around him, also great.

The result has far surpassed my expectations - not that I'm quite sure what they were. About 2 kg of breast tissue was removed and I'm now a DD cup. The quality of Dr Moradi's work has been complimented several times by bra-fitters and even an ECG technician, all of whom claim to have seen many breast reductions. They tell me the nipples are especially good as that can be a difficult area - my nipples are a good size (as are my breasts for my build) and well positioned. The breasts are now almost identical in size, sit much higher than ever before, have a natural and balanced shape and are just fantastic. I've almost complete sensitivity - there is some numbness on the lower half of my left breast but I expect that will pass eventually (its a year today since the surgery).

I have no regrets but it was a big operation and it took a long time for the discomfort where I was sutured all along under the breasts to reduce. But now that it has, its fantastic to be able to wear tops with skinny straps because I can wear bras with skinny straps. I have a strapless bra and a swimming costume with a halter top. I wouldn't have worn those before. My yoga has improved out of sight because I can access muscles in my back in a way I didn't seem to be able to before. I've lost weight - back to my early twenties weight - and I'm fitter than ever. I could have achieved that possibly without the breast reduction but it certainly helped motivate me.

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

I contacted suitable specialists in my area and was encouraged to consult Dr Moradi's staff by his excellent staff at the practice. I choose Dr Moradi because he respected my understanding of my body and was very willing to share quite technical information. I asked the questions I was interested in and he always answered in full. I was impressed by his enthusiasm and confidence about what he would do and also by his positive attitude about his colleagues that would assist. In fact, the whole team at Randwick Cosmetic Surgery were fantastic and efficient and that counted for a lot in giving me confidence and helping me make my decision.

Be the first to comment...

Please join RealSelf or sign in.