Best Surgeon - Randwick, AU

I am BRCA1+ and after a massive decision I decided...

I am BRCA1+ and after a massive decision I decided to have both breasts removed and reconstructed to reduce my risk of breast cancer. I had a Bilateral mastectomy and Free Flap reconstruction (using my tummy tissue to remake my breasts).

After some complications with my right breast I had the flap removed and an expander put in place. After a month I had a tear shaped implant (475cc) in place of the expander and decided to have liposuction on my inner/outer thighs and tummy and scar revision done.

I had another complication with my breast (due to infection) And today I have the expander back in. With future surgery pending I couldn't be happier knowing I have the best surgeon looking after me. I can't thank you enough.
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Dr Moradi took on my surgical case after my original surgeon passed me on, and thankfully I ended up with the most genuine, caring and honest surgeon I've come across. Dr Moradi clearly cares for the welfare of his clients and I have been made to feel that I'm not just another file sitting on his desk. I know I can call or email any time or day and Dr Moradi is always there to help with any concerns or issues. I haven't been an easy case for Dr Moradi as I have had infections and complications but no matter what my body throws at him he takes it on board and does everything to rectify my issues. I have recommended many people considering surgery to Dr Moradi and if I ever want more cosmetic procedures in the future I wouldn't see anyone else.

Thank you for sharing your journey on RealSelf. How did you find out your were BRCA1+? How long has the process been so far? I understand reconstruction can take some time along with a few hiccups along the way. Did you tummy heal well? Glad to hear you have a positive outlook for your next surgery. Will you go all the way with nipple reconstruction or perhaps tattoos? Wishing you the best. Hoping you'll keep us posted on your progress!