Breast Reconstruction and Tummy Tuck - Randwick, AU

Coming to terms with the news that I needed a...

Coming to terms with the news that I needed a mastectomy was extremely difficult but once meeting with Dr Moradi and discussing breast reconstruction options, my mind was set to ease with his caring and professional nature.
I felt extremely supported by Dr Moradi and his team both before and after my surgery.
The breast reconstruction and tummy tuck Dr Moradi performed was simply amazing.
I opted for a breast reconstruction using my own tummy tissue and whilst the procedure is understandably long the results are unbelievable. I cannot thank Moradi and his team enough for making this difficult experience so reassuring and giving me the confidence to feel good about myself again.

Breast Reconstraction and Tummy Tuck

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf. I'm sorry to hear you needed reconstruction but I'm glad you found a PS who you felt comfortable with during this difficult time. Did you do all this in one procedure? How were the first few weeks of your recovery? You look great...and even a bonus flat tummy! Please keep us posted with additional updates when you can!

Thank you for your kind words. In response to your question, my mastectomy and combined tummy tuck for breast reconstruction was completed in one procedure that was just under 9 hours long, as a lot of time and care was needed for the big operation. The first week was extremely tough because it was such a lengthly operation, however I remained in an acute care ward where I was monitored constantly by the wonderful nurses at the Royal Women's Hospital, Randwick, along with Dr Moradi and his team. I needed a lot of assistance for the first few weeks but I was motivated to recover fast and am generally an active person and felt that this helped me a lot in terms of motivation and recovery progress. I feel amazing, the scars disappear more and more each day and Dr Moradi (I don't know how he did it!) got rid of a horrible caesarian scar I was left with from a pregnancy years ago that left me feeling very self conscious about my stomach. I am excited and will be back to Dr Moradi for some touch ups once the scars have healed and have had time to rest to make my breasts and stomach look even better - can't wait! Will keep you posted!

Wow, a 9 hour surgery, that's as amazing as your results. Glad to hear you were in acute care the first week during recovery. You sound like you have a good spirit and your motivation to be active again is helping you heal faster. Hoping you're gradually getting back to your normal activities. Take it easy. Feel free to post any other hints and tips that you think other women might find helpful during their reconstruction. Looking forward to your continued healing progress!