"It Works" is Horrible! - Rancho Cucamonga, CA

After a new distributor raved about the wraps, I...

After a new distributor raved about the wraps, I decided to try it. I was hesitant because quite frankly I know better and we all know the right way to lose is through diet and exercise. I read about it and it seemed harmless so I decided to try it. I was told I could leave it on for 10 hours but left it on for 2 hours. After 2 hours of having it on I became sick, extremely dehydrated and lethargic. I was unable to stand, function and work. I drank so much water and drank pedilyte. 3 days of misery!! I am recovering now and still drinking plenty of fluids. This is dangerous and NOT worth it! Did I lose? Sure, 3 pounds from essentially having the flu! I then found reviews online of similar issues as mine which made me feel less scared. Girls, drink the water without the wrap!

Should I be concerned at all with this product. I first heard about it from my sister in California who had 6 children. She looks amazing and she doesnt have time to work out but you would never know. I myself , workout everyday, drink so much water that my doctor yelled at me to back it down some. I have had three children and am stuggling with the last 20 pounds, the not so firm skin and I just want to look my best. In your own opinion.......do you think I should do this?
I would strongly recommend anyone trying a wrap not use another detoxing product wirh it at the same time.
im not being defensive just a question I sell these wraps and I love them but you are right these aren't for everyone my mother has extremely sensitive skin so she cant use them or she would break out but we have doctors who sell these and my personal doctor loves this product and is happy with my success so no its not for everyone but it does help a lot more people than it hurts and I am very sorry for your expiernce
I did the body wrap along with a Ion footbath. Within 2 hours I was sick. For two days I was going to the bathroom with cramps. I believe I was having a detox reaction. I 'm currently experiencing blurred vision behind this. I think for now I will stick to my Kangen Water. Kangen Water is better I think. Elder Leslie
I wouldnt recommend using another detox product at the same time.
I'm sorry you had a bad reaction. The wraps are not meant to replace traditional diet and exercise. It is meant to tighten, tone and firm site specific areas of your body and give you a jump start. It is not a weight loss product, it is an inch loss product. Not sure why you dehydrated so badly. You are only supposed to put one wrap on at a time so that you dont get dehydrated. You only need to keep the wrap on for 45 minutes, especially the first time you try it. The most you can leave it on is 8 hours but there is nothing to show that leaving it in longer makes the tightening, toning and firming any better. When you wrap you are supposed to drink an insane amount of water because the botanicals are getting into your skin and releasing the fat toxins out of your body. The botanicals remain in your body for 72 hours. Again Im sorry you had a bad reaction and did not receive the proper information on initially wrapping. I personally have had amazing results and everyone I have wrapped so far has had them as well. Good luck!
I appreciate your passion for the product however. My reaction is not aloneness others have had the same reaction. It's not for everyone and who's to know who will have this reaction. I used one wrap, not several. I was extremely dehydrated to the point where it was dangerous. I am not alone. I do agree with you in regards to following manufactures directions especially for the first time. I am very fond of the person who did it for me so I won't speak negative of her. Toning temporarily sounds great but not at a risk! Proper diet, drinking plenty of water and exercise is the key!!!! IT IS NOT WORTH THE RISK!
you should've checked your hydration before wrapping and it says right on the box if it's your first time to wait 45 min then take it off to feel the affect. Sounds like you were dehydrated before ever starting. or ask your dr. like the box also directs. ~21 years experience M.A. P.T ~Sensei Nori~a current user of wrap. Following direction is most important when 'trying' anything. Research is good, but witnessing is more and you should've done more before just 'trying' it.
Instead of being "defensive" and assuming why don't you instead take a position that perhaps myself along with others have had bad reactions to this product. Also, it wasn't me who wrapped me, It was a distributor that I trusted. Certainly talking to your Dr is important and a lesson learned because when I did discuss this with him after he strongly discouraged the product. Furthermore, I was plenty hydrated. I drink several glasses of water a day, I am in good health and I exercise. I don't appreciate your defensive tone in your response. I think it's okay to have an opinion just as much as you do.
ps. I have friends who use the product and are happy with it. My statement reflects my personal opinion and outcome. I think that is why we are have this forum.