Goodbye Saggy Baggy Haggy, Hello Hopefully Beautiful! - Ramsey, NJ

2 weeks from today, I am so excited! Every...

2 weeks from today, I am so excited! Every morning I wake up and look in the mirror and smile, because I am finally going thru with it. Started taking arnica Montana (they said it has to build in your system) and vitamin c, drinking plenty of water, which is hard for me. I have been to 3other doctors before I chose Dr Capella. I instantly liked him. He didn't push me in any direction. Let me come to my own conclusion of what I wanted. He even said it was great that I was so informed and had done a lot of research. I went to lifestyle lift, a park avenue dr seen on tv with the doctors and dr oz, but felt so comfortable with Dr Capella. You have the procedure done in a hospital, and then after recovery you are taken by ambulance to a care facility overnight. I felt for me, that this is the right way. we shall see. I am very great full for this sight and all the information. Maybe I'll get my nerve up to post pics.

One Week From Today!! (152 hours, 9157 minutes..........)

Starting to get a little nervous, almost feel like I am "nesting" getting everything ready, trying think of everything. Reading everyone's experience and recommendations is certainly a big help. Last night I bought a recliner on craigs list, because I am def a stomach sleeper, I tried to put body pillows and see if it would stop, but it didn't (I'm sure the stabbing paid will) figured I would do what I could to make it easier. I remember when I was pregnant I would make a well from all the pillows in the house to be able to sleep on my stomach lol.

My daughter is coming to stay with me, but I am afraid she is going to make me a prisoner in my own house, talking about not wanting me to get up for any reason, and making me all my meals, we will see how long this lasts.

Oh, and did I mention that her bridal shower is 19 days after the surgery, what was I thinking.

4 days 109 hours

and I am so sick, I have a terrible cold or allergies, not sure what to take. I took two benadryl per my doctor, we will see if that helps, I have the opposite reaction to benadryl, it makes wired. Dr. says I will be okay for surgery, unless I start getting a temp. If I still feel this way on Sunday, I will go to DR. and try to get antibiotics (in case I am developing a sinus infection)
My neck is so sore, my body is getting me into practice for next week. I am one of those Sandy people who had 3.5 feet of water in my shore house, so every weekend in down there fixing up, painting, getting appliance delivers, so no matter how bad I feel, got go down there and keep going. I was hoping to recuperate down there, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

10 hours

Scared, anxious, thank you all, you have been a great help. Will let ou know how I make out.

Over and out

Day 2 post surgery

Surgery went well, I had a breathing tube which makes my throat sore but off all meds no pain just annoyances. Happy so far. Swelling has come way down, a little bruising. Soreness tightness..

Day 5

Still have a bad sore throat from breathing tube or? I did have a cold before surgery. Last night was a bad night, I overdid it during the day and thought I would sleep soundly but was up all night. My chemical peel feels very sore, like I have a burn and rash at the same time. Pressure on my stitches in the back of my head, not pain. Ended up with a bad tooth ache, I think I was clenching my teeth during surgery, or at least in recovery.

I love my results, bruising was minimal and us mostly yellow. I am mirror obsessed, every 12 hours shows a change. Still numb on my cheeks in front of my ears and a band under my nech, but each day it lessons. My stitches come out Wednesday.

Day 13

Most of my bruising is gone, a little one below my right eye (one side was much more bruised than the other). I get the rest of my stitches out tomorrow, still fell a lot of pressure on the back of my head where my stitches are, sometime if feel like I need help holding up my head lol.

I have a small bump in the outer corners of my eyes, Dr. said this is a stitch that stays in and loosens as time goes on. Did not feel that the chemical peel had the results I was it would get rid of all the little wrinkles around my mouth, but they are there. along the scar where my stitches were under my neck, I feel like some wrinkles are there, did anyone else have that? almost made me cry, I am hoping they go away with the recovery. I feel like I am being picky. I remember looking at all the other reviews and pictures on this sight and thinking that a lot of women looked so wonderful, what were they being so picky about. I am so happy with the results, don't regret it at all! Guess I will feel better about the little picky stuff after I see the Dr. tomorrow.

Day 21

3 weeks today, I still have a stitch in my right eye that looks like a blemish or bug bite, the doctor says to give it time. You only see it if you look closely. One red spot under eye, I think it is the last remnant if the worst bruise but still after 3 weeks easily covered by makeup, other than that I love my eyes.

My stitches in my hair line are gone but still have a lot of scabbing. My doctor does not have me putting anything on my incisions. Still have redness where the chemical peel is, it here and then it's gone, maybe because it is so sensitive to sun?

My ears are still sore, glad I have the pillow with the cut outs for the ears, that has been a real life saver.

The real test, my daughters shower was Sunday, my other daughter my makeup and no one noticed. I think my lower cheeks are still swollen, and I am still numb there and under my neck. I don't see the dr. Again for another 3 weeks. Now if I could just lose 10 lbs for the wedding!

Pics

Pics

4 weeks after surgery

Still have numb ears, but finally able to have my hair colored. My daughter is a stylist so she washed my hair and did everything so I didn't have to explain anything to anyone at the salon. She even had an extension for where you put your neck in the sink so it wasn't such a strain on my neck.

My. Eye incisions in the outer corners are still red, but not puckered anymore. I was really worried about those looking like bug bites forever! I can still feel the ends of the stitches poking out if one if them. Six more weeks till my other daughters wedding,

My ears still itch, as do the stitches on the back if my neck in the hairline. What do you wear as far as sun screen on your face? Every time I try one my eyes water and all my makeup comes off, I am not really a hat person, but have been wearing one when I am outside for a long period because I haven.t found an SPF other than a 15 I can tolerate.

10 Weeks

Still have some ear discomfort, itch and redness on the scars, still need to cover with some makeup, I wonder when I can go makeup free again, or if ever. I went to have Restylane injections on my lips, I still have wrinkle above my lip even after very aggressive chemical peel. Not sure if this is working either, I still see wrinkles, and I thought this would be instant, (painful). All in all I am very happy with results, never expected perfection. But the doctor says I still have swelling and still have a ways to go. He won't even take the after pics for a few more weeks.
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

So now that you are 6-mos post op how are you liking your results? I am very concerned that I will not get the results from my facelift and neck lift that I want. Dr. Capella did a very nice job on you based on the photos I saw. I sure would love to see updated ones. Is he going to post the, on his site? My challenges are really deep marionette lines and heavy jowling. I also have some thing above my lip, like a crease in the skin, and nasal labial folds. I honestly hate my face when it is not tan, and it is not tan right now! The tan hides a ton of things! Anyway, I'd love to know how you are doing.
I had laser on my top lip and chin area, I also still have lines on top lip and am considering having the laser repeated in the future. I agree that we all expect perfection but still look natural. I am almost 4 months out and still have some swelling to be resolved. Keep the faith.
How are you doing now? I am planning to have a neck and face lift with Dr. Capella. He did a really nice job on you!
I am doing well, almost 3 months, if you have any questions I would be happy to help you, especially about the hospital stay, Care One facility stay, and recovery, if you would like my opinions.
Newme, did your pics get taken down or are they being re-posted? From other coments they probably were up at one point...grace60
Thank you, I appreciate that. I had a Tummy Tuck with him last April. Next month I am having that converted to an LBL, doing my inner thighs, and doing the upper body lift. I will be Franken Barbie. Then the plan would be to do face/neck lift and implants.
I sent a message to you. Thanks a bunch!
What care One facility did you stay at? What are you thoughts? I am having a tummy tuck and breast lift and was thinking of staying at one for recovery.
Care One Paramus
You look fantastic !
I use Smashbox CC cream. It has SPF 30. It's like a colored moisturizer/ light foundation that addresses discoloration. I love it. I still use my regular moisturizer underneath though. You look great!
Wow Newme...you look just gorgeous!!  What luck your daughter is a stylist so no explaining too!  lol  To me, that was an added annoyance to a personal matter of privacy, but something necessary to deal with on the first salon appointment.  :) I WAS using the Obagi sunscreen, dermatologist/PS provided only.  It is an SPF 50 specifically for your face.  But it's very expensive and I found it extremely heavy with all the layering of that, moisturizer, makeup etc.  I have since switched to a L'Oreal Sunscreen made specifically for your face.  It seems to go on very silky and feels better on my skin.  This one can be found at a grocery store or pharmacy for a fraction of the price of the Obagi.  It's just a small bottle and a very thin consistency; so almost like putting on a milky serum.  Your results are just great!  And, it looks like you took years off!
You look great. Was that a Chemical Peel on your Perioral area?
It was from under my nose to my upper lip and my lower lip to my chin. Finally after 4 weeks it is no longer getting red.
Curious if you could go back in time would you do it again? I have seriously been considering doing the same thing.
Thank you for your pictures and updates. It really helps me to calm myself when I see on others what I will see post-op on myself. You are gorgeous and healing so nicely.
Newme... I don't know HOW they didn't notice because you look just amazing! Totally refreshed and gorgeous.  You go girl!!
The peel does appear to be very Sun sensitive. Did your doctor give you a bleaching creme? I had a laser peel and I have found the same scenario. It seems that I have so much on my face with the bleaching creme, Sun block and then makeup. Please post updated pictures of the new gorgeous you.
Nothing to use, bacitracin the first few days and vasoline, now moisturizer with no alcohols and sunscreen
Sounds like you are very pleased with everything Newme!  Post a pic when you get a chance, we'd love to see the great results.  How nice that everything must look so natural that no one said anything at the shower!  And give your ears some time... that's a pain, but the sides of my face in front of my ears are the last part on me to still resolve.  :) Happy healing!
yea arnica helped me to its a great product
newme, I was also mirror obsessed post lift for awhile and picky about how my FL was resolving!  Someone else out here said we are our own critics with this FL stuff! :) You're still early in your recovery but it sounds as if everything is healing just great.  I'm not sure if it's the same thing, but where the stitches were at the nape of my neck, it created a small "pleat" that is resolving with the swelling going down and my massaging it.  The doctor said if it doesn't fully resolve it can be corrected but truthfully, it's not visible to anyone.  But it's significantly better anyway.  Ask your PS about it... most likely he'll say the same thing.  I know mine said that sometimes there's just so much excess skin to work with...but yours can advise you best.  You've had a lot of work done so I can imagine how great you must feel about your results even this early but also how frustrating not to see the end result more quickly!
The pressure behind the ears is a thing I heard from a friend but I did not experience that. Mirror obsessed, I like that. Pleas post picture, we love seeing the great transformations. It takes us back to the place we want to be.
These will be the toughest days but you'll be amazed at your rapid improvement from there on out. Let your daughter pamper you like crazy! Hang in there and here's to recovery and fabulous results!
When it all settles, you're going to love it. Smart move getting a recliner :). Feel good !