Extended Arm Lift After Losing 169 Pounds! My Arms Were by Far the Worst - Ramsey, NJ

I've lost 169 pounds thanks to a gastric bypass...

I Had my Breast Done & Chin/neck Lipo at the Same Time I've lost 169 pounds thanks to a gastric bypass done in 2007. I have since had a lower body lift two years ago. This round of surgery will be an extended arm lift, breast augmentation (no lift), and chin/neck lipo.

I have HATED my arms since I was little; I haven't even worn a tank top since I was 8-10 years old. No one other than my mom, sister, and aunt have seen my arms. This is the surgery I have been dreaming of!

I went of 5 consultation and talked to probably 20 different offices before I picked Dr. Capella. He does amazing work with arms and is highly recommended. He said he will probably remove 2-3 pounds off each arm- I cannot wait to see the results!

I have a youtube channel - search jenniferhammond88 - and I show my arms in detail and talk about the surgery. I will add a video of the doctor, a video as I wake up, and a lot of after videos of the results and my experiences. I will, of course, keep this updated as well.

Video of before the surgery- what I looked like before, explaining the procedure, and how I feel.

Story of the day before my extended arm lift and breast augmentation. How to prepare for surgery.

My breast augmentation, extended arm lift, flankplasty. Dr. marking me, waking up, the experience

This is the day of surgery! The drive there, my nerves/feeling about it, getting to the hospital, Dr. Capella marking me for surgery, waking up talking about how it went, and the horrible 6 hour drive home.

My story- My breast augmentation, extended arm lift, flankplasty.

3 days post op after breast augmentation, extended arm lift, flankplast Dr. Capella NJ NY

link shows a vid of me 3 days post op

3 days post op

1 week post op check up with doctor after arm lift flankplasty breast augmentation after weight loss

12 days post op

2 weeks post op video-- My experience, feelings, incisions / scars, tips, etc

2 weeks post op breast augmentation flankplasty extended arm lift after major weight loss due to an RNY gastric bypass.

My experience, feelings, incisions / scars, tips, etc

16 days out after getting boobs and arms done!

16 days post op

3 weeks post op after breast augmentation and extended arm lift (flankplasty and armlift)

I had my boobs doen at the same time... more info on boobs

1 month post op

This video shows my arms in detail talks about what a can and can't due at one month out. I go over my experience and any tips I have. I also show the results from my breast augmentation ( with no lift ) I will give a more detailed review of the boobs in my next video! incision

Open armpit!

Don't mind the hair... I just noticed I had some which sucks because 1- scared to shave and 2- was told I'd never have to again

One month post op more about the boobs

New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

He is awesome and very helpful. Amazing man with serious talent! I LOVE my arms! He also did my boobs (500cc) I have a few videos with him and... click on that link and it will bring up the page so you can see him and his work in detail! P.S- he is soooo handsome! lol :)

Let me just say you are PHENOMENAL! Thank you so much for sharing. I want to have a baby in a few months so I am only doing my upper back (chestplasty) and my arms on the 13th. I am scared to death. In 2 years I am doing the lower body lift and boobs together. Thank you for this. I need to know what to expect!
Hi Jennifer, you motivated me to stay on this site, and I so much enjoyed all your updates and traveling your journey with you. You are missed and I truly hope you are doing well and healing well. Please know that you are thought of.
Hi Jennifer! Congrats on all of your successful surgeries and your massive weight loss. Although I have only lost 61 pounds, I understand the frustration with the excess loose skin. I am contemplating Brachioplasty . But I have too say that it scares me. Having a tummy tuck and lipo...doesn't faze....this one does! Are there any postings ...besides your own that might help me be calmer about this surgery?
I had an arm lift with the same surgeon.
Hi Jennifer I have been wondering how you have been doing. I havent seen any recent posts and hope you are doing well. I enjoy your videos alot. You give me a lot of reassurance. I am very nervous and scared of my upcoming arm lift, breast lift and implants on November 20th. I am hoping I will be able to return back to work in 11 days as a dental assistant without to much pain or problems. I am wishing you the best and hope to see more updates your journey. Take care.
Hi! Sry abt ur arm. I had an opening like that from my TT and it took a long time to close and heel. (At least a month) I was told the same, just keep it dry and clean. Hope it gets better soon! I added new pics of my arms. I'm not sure why it's still so red.
How big is that wound? It looks infected and nasty. Is "keep it dry" the only advice that he gave you.
A little bigger than a quarter, Nope not infected (or so I'm told) Yup via email and phone when it happened and as of 2 day ago when I sent him those picks. Keep it clean and dry.
I would probably freak if I had a wound the size of a quarter. How are you handling it?
At first it totally freaked me out and I was kinda scared and paranoid but now I'm kinda use to it. I mean it does not hurt (thank god) and for the past week it has not go bigger. I just try to clean it and keep it dry... It's annoying I wont lie but what can I do!?
You got a reply form him or from Scott two days ago?
Yup I called when it first happened and they said it would close keep it clean and dry etc. Then I called spoke to Scott and Kim they both said the same thing. He asked for pics just to be sure and emailed me right back saying the same thing- clean and dry!
Maybe I'll ask a q on here to be on the safe side... but I'm pretty confident its all fine
It is likely that all is well. At times when I have asked questions of the surgeons on this board they have given me well-intended answers that contradicted what Dr. C had told me. And Dr. C was right every time. But do as you see fit.
You should see the openings on my arms now that I am post op. The right arm looks awful. But I did not freak surprisingly! Check out. My pix http://www.realself.com/review/ramsey-nj-arm-lift-flankplasty-breast-lift-body-lift-medial-thigh-lift
Dam girl after seeing your video you're making me second guess my mod plus decision.
haha Thanks I think? I'm happy with my high profiles! If you get the mod plus in 500cc i'd love to see the (that sounds kinda creepy lol) but seriously just to see the diff and what I could have had. I just made another video that shows them better I will post it on here now
LOL it's a positive. Your boobs look AMAZING. I will post picks of my boobies, LOL. I think it's too late to change since mine were already ordered.
haha Well I don't think you can go wrong with mod plus! I look forward to seeing them... I just hope I don't get boobie greed at wanna switch after lol
I am afraid 500 ccs is booby greed for me LOL. He thinks I'll be a D.
ha If I could snap my fingers and have diff boobs- no pain, no extra expense- I would have gone 550 high profile :) Boob greed! I got 500 hp and she said I'd be a 36 full DD or 38 DD (starting at a deflated 38 B maybe.... see before pics)
Oh boy DD? Did you get measured yet?
Yes at Victoria's secret! She said deff in the DD range as of yesterday... but as you know they will easily change in the first 3 months and some people change up to a year!
What? Omg I am scared lol. Definitely got boob greed. When I started thinking about this I wanted a full c as like you I am am now a 36b very deflated. I must have size dis morphia because I would have never thought DD for you.
know right! By the look of me I thought big C small D! I think its because they are high pro they stand up more and the cup needs more room. Yours will be wider at the base ano as tall so If I'd have to guess I think you'd be right at D