Extended Arm Lift After Losing 169 Pounds! My Arms Were by Far the Worst - Ramsey, NJ

I've lost 169 pounds thanks to a gastric bypass...

I Had my Breast Done & Chin/neck Lipo at the Same Time I've lost 169 pounds thanks to a gastric bypass done in 2007. I have since had a lower body lift two years ago. This round of surgery will be an extended arm lift, breast augmentation (no lift), and chin/neck lipo.

I have HATED my arms since I was little; I haven't even worn a tank top since I was 8-10 years old. No one other than my mom, sister, and aunt have seen my arms. This is the surgery I have been dreaming of!

I went of 5 consultation and talked to probably 20 different offices before I picked Dr. Capella. He does amazing work with arms and is highly recommended. He said he will probably remove 2-3 pounds off each arm- I cannot wait to see the results!

I have a youtube channel - search jenniferhammond88 - and I show my arms in detail and talk about the surgery. I will add a video of the doctor, a video as I wake up, and a lot of after videos of the results and my experiences. I will, of course, keep this updated as well.

How did you make out Jennifer? I was on the phone with Dr. Capella the afternoon following your surgery and thought of you and how excited you were the night prior. I am having additional work done (including my arms) with him in October.
Wow what a small world! That is crazy, you should tell him you know me, well kinda know me lol. It went very well.... my arms are amazing already. My boobs are pretty good but I wish they looked more real. The doctor say they will change A LOT in the next three months so who knows. I have a few videos of the doctor and before/after the surgery on my youtube Chanel that I am updating now. let me know how you make out and let me know if you need any advice or have qs... I'd be glad to help :)
Oh, he knows that I know you because I told him that on the phone. I told him how excited you were the night before your surgery posting on OH. I know many of his patients - you are right it is a small world! I'll PM you with some questions.

Video of before the surgery- what I looked like before, explaining the procedure, and how I feel.

Story of the day before my extended arm lift and breast augmentation. How to prepare for surgery.

My breast augmentation, extended arm lift, flankplasty. Dr. marking me, waking up, the experience

This is the day of surgery! The drive there, my nerves/feeling about it, getting to the hospital, Dr. Capella marking me for surgery, waking up talking about how it went, and the horrible 6 hour drive home.

My story- My breast augmentation, extended arm lift, flankplasty.

3 days post op after breast augmentation, extended arm lift, flankplast Dr. Capella NJ NY

link shows a vid of me 3 days post op

3 days post op

1 week post op check up with doctor after arm lift flankplasty breast augmentation after weight loss

Hi Jennifer, It looks like you and I had very similar surgeries. I had a LBL about 10 months ago, and 3 months later I had an arm lift, as well as a breast lift with implants. You look amazing! Best of luck, I hope you get the results you are hoping for!
Thank you! Same to you. I am pretty happy so far with the results just wish my boobs look more real and were softer but the doctor says they will get better (I'm only two weeks out) Wishing you all the best!
Your boobs will look so much different as the weeks pass, I felt like mine were up in my neck for the first month! Eventually they will drop, and soften, and look much more natural!

12 days post op

2 weeks post op video-- My experience, feelings, incisions / scars, tips, etc

2 weeks post op breast augmentation flankplasty extended arm lift after major weight loss due to an RNY gastric bypass.

My experience, feelings, incisions / scars, tips, etc
You are amazing! I am so far for your and your results. Your are beautiful. I am having an arm lift in November and an excited for. Just going I will be able to go back to work in seven days as a dental assistant. What do you think with pain and movement. I will also be having a breast lift done. Augmentation will be done next year hopefully. I had gastric bypass rny in 2009 with 100 pound loss and my dream has always been to be able to wear a tank to all my life. I can't wait for that day. Your arms look great they just look painful. I wish you the best of luck and keep doing the post op updates. Blessings to you.
Awe thank you for being so sweet! If you have to use your arms a lot you may get tired. Also be careful if you have to reach high or low... you may want to plan on moving stuff down or letting the Dentist know you can't get something. Be careful if it hurts stop. I can relate... all I wanted was to be able to wear a tank top- I'm wear one as we type! Feels great. Congrats on you success keep it up!
Thank Jennifer for all the information you have given, I was wondering if you had to wear compression garments on your arms after. My ps says I don't, but I am thinking I should since I will be moving my arms so much when I return to work. I thing your bl looks great you should be so proup of yourself, you have gonethrough alot to get where you are. You look Amazing!

16 days out after getting boobs and arms done!

16 days post op
implants are always a problem. Im so sorry to give bad news.
Now I am about 3 weeks out... very happy and they are not giving me a problem *yet*... hopefully they won't!

3 weeks post op after breast augmentation and extended arm lift (flankplasty and armlift)

Hi and congrats with your surgeries! I had a TT and AL too (5/31/13), I had no complications or major pain, but some days the arms were very uncomfortable and felt very heavy. How are your scars healing? My scars have raised some and started stretching out. The only thing I hate is when my arms are down at my side and ppl behind me can see the scar (and ppl love to stare!!). I know that sounds horrible and vain, but I hid my arms all my life and I didn’t want to hid the scar too!! I have talk to my dr. and he is going to redo my AL to have my scar more under and not in the back. Are your scars noticable from the back? Other than that, I am happy with being able to put my arms in clothes that are my size!! Everything I use to buy had to go through the arm test!!! lol
Congrats! My arms still feel kinda numb and light its a weird feeling. Scars are doing good I guess seems too soon to tell, they do like stick out kinda like they are not smooth but I guess that is normal? They do itch like CRAZY! lol Don't really hurt or anything. You can see the very bottom portion of my scar near my elbow; which I hate :( I hope it can be revised but even if it can't be I'd still do it over again. I know that is the best feeling!!! I am sooo used to wearing things to cover my arms or wearing things 76875 sizes too big.
I am doing it in reverse, I had my arm lift, breast lift and implant and lower face/neck lift first and awaiting my lower body lift.. How are your arms feeling? It took awhile for mine to be good but they look great now, just a fine pencil line scar...

I had my boobs doen at the same time... more info on boobs

Dam girl after seeing your video you're making me second guess my mod plus decision.
haha Thanks I think? I'm happy with my high profiles! If you get the mod plus in 500cc i'd love to see the (that sounds kinda creepy lol) but seriously just to see the diff and what I could have had. I just made another video that shows them better I will post it on here now
LOL it's a positive. Your boobs look AMAZING. I will post picks of my boobies, LOL. I think it's too late to change since mine were already ordered.

1 month post op

This video shows my arms in detail talks about what a can and can't due at one month out. I go over my experience and any tips I have. I also show the results from my breast augmentation ( with no lift ) I will give a more detailed review of the boobs in my next video! incision

Open armpit!

Don't mind the hair... I just noticed I had some which sucks because 1- scared to shave and 2- was told I'd never have to again
Hi! Sry abt ur arm. I had an opening like that from my TT and it took a long time to close and heel. (At least a month) I was told the same, just keep it dry and clean. Hope it gets better soon! I added new pics of my arms. I'm not sure why it's still so red.
How big is that wound? It looks infected and nasty. Is "keep it dry" the only advice that he gave you.
A little bigger than a quarter, Nope not infected (or so I'm told) Yup via email and phone when it happened and as of 2 day ago when I sent him those picks. Keep it clean and dry.

One month post op more about the boobs

Your videos are showing up as private. Any way I can get access to them? Your videos on the body lift were really helpful to me before I did mine. I have an extended arm lift scheduled for October and as you can probably guess, I'm scouring the internet for reviews and tips.
I would like to see updated pics as of july,since it has been 9 months. Congrats to you and your new body. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did u like this dr better than dr colwell? You look great!
Ramsey Plastic Surgeon

He is awesome and very helpful. Amazing man with serious talent! I LOVE my arms! He also did my boobs (500cc) I have a few videos with him and... click on that link and it will bring up the page so you can see him and his work in detail! P.S- he is soooo handsome! lol :)