A Dream That Has Turned to a Nightmare - Ramat Aviv

My name is Emma,I am 19 years old,from Israel.I am...

My name is Emma,I am 19 years old,from Israel.I am not sure where it all started,I only remember the person who pushed me to this,the person was my mother.She used to comment on how my nose has changed since I was a child.Not in a good way.Then there was a girl at school,who mentioned how horrible my nose is and then,then I started developing inferiority complex.I was 14 when i decided to have a rhinoplasty by the age of 18.Since then,every single day i kept thinking about it,I planed and imagined my life with another nose, seemed to me that it would change everything, people would start loving me, I would start loving myself.Little did I know how stupid I am.That day has arrived,I wasn't reading much about rhinoplasty,I didnt explore the doctors well enough,only had two consiltations and for some reason chose him. He hasnt even done computer modeling,he said he does not believe in.He has promised to make my nose more refined. I trusted him.Should I mention that after the surgery he never came up to me .On the 7 th day, I came by myself to his clinic and had my cast off. After I looked at the mirrow,the first thing I felt,was disbelief. I thought one more moment and i would wake up and the nightmer would end. But it never happend. I looked at the mirrow and i felt hate,no,not to the surgeon,but to myself.

I only then realide how miserable i was and how did crazy was the idea of voluntarily going under the knife. As i said,it was all too late.I knew that noses arent perfect after the cast off because of the swelling,but i could see crystal clear that the nose he gave me has spoiled my face.It looked nothing like we discussed it would look.Now,its been 4 month since the surgery and since then my social life came to the end,I barely go outside to buy necessary stuff,I cry every single day while looking at the mirrow,I had thoughts of suicide,however,i dont have courage to attempt it.I suffer and i understand that even psychiatrist wont help me.I look like an alien,the nose doesnt mathces my face,it messed up my features.Ive been told that i can change it,fix the nose after 1 year is of,however,I dont believe it could get better.I decided to share with you.What i hate most is the way he shortened my nose,the view from the front is horrible.One more thing that makes it even more complicated is that here in Israel,surgeons don't know how to perfom good nosejobs.There is an absolute lack of aesthetic element and piece of work.They only can shave off humps and shorten noses.I have lately realised that,however it's a fact.You can see those people on the streets who did nosejobs and its so obvious and all of the noses look just the same.I cant even go to a clinic and consultate with some surgeon, hear his opinion, since there are no good face surgeons at all.Moreover,the country is very small,you don't have much of a choice.I am in a vicious circle.

Also, lots of changes still ahead so patience is a must. I wish more doctors were upfront about how long it really takes to see the final results. In addition to the link I posted above, here's another http://www.rhinoplastyspecialistmiami.com/rhinoplasty-recovery-timeline.asp where this doctor states that it takes 2 years to see final results and you can see by the photos a tremendous different in this patient's 2 months to 2 years photos. I've also read comments from a doctor on realself saying that he has seen the most changes appear in the 8-12 month (post) range.
Dear Sarah, I want to tell you from my heart that when I read your story, I was so sad and afraid to look at the photo not to see more sadness. In fact my worry has vanished after I saw your photos. You are such a beautiful girl. My God, please do trust me. You look beautiful. You need confidence and men will adore you. I really wish that your eyes will open and you will discovered how good looking you are. Thinking of you and making wishes for you. :)
some people just areent meant to get nose jobs it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks - it matters how you feel about yourself and if you don't like it, you just don't like it

I added one more photo so you can see how my...

I added one more photo so you can see how my previous nose looked better.
I think your new nose looks great to be honest. You looked fine before but I truly think your new nose nicely fits your face and is nicely defined. I am a social worker and have worked with many women with BDD. You are not an ugly girl by any means. You are attractive whether you believe it or not...I would not write this post and not be truthful. Are you off from school for the summer? I think one issue here is that you are not occupied enough by other things. I am so glad to hear that you have made an appointment for counseling-I think it will really help. I know you may not be ready to leave your house just yet, but when you do feel ready I think maybe starting a part time job or volunteering could keep your mind off your negative thinking about your nose. Depressed individuals can really benefit from volunteering, as it helps the person gain a new perspective on things. I really wish you the best and I am so sorry that you are so unhappy :(
Emma, swelling can distort the nose so bad that many people get depressed after surgery. Read this; http://www.plasticsurgeryspot.com/nose-surgery-primary-revision-rhinoplasty/195-pictures-how-long-swelling-lasts-after-rhinoplasty.html. It shows how long swelling lasts. TBH I think you got a great result
When I scrolled down to look at your pictures, I was expecting to see a disaster. Far from it. I saw an attractive girl!

You're focusing too much on a percieved flaw. None of our noses are perfect after surgery. My nose is often swollen at different times of the day and it is annoying. But like you I'm at the 5 month mark and I know that my nose is going to change in the next seven months. Sometimes I look at my nose and it seems wide, but it's the changes in swelling which has caused it. It sounds like the same thing happened to you.

Like someone else said you are MORE than your nose. Much much more. I will admit, that when I had my rhinoplasty, I expected life to change instantly. I expected to feel more beautiful (and whilst I feel infinitely more confident) I've learned there are no quick fixes for esteem and feeling gorgeous. Being gorgeous comes from within. I have friends who aren't classically beautiful-but their stunning personalities mean they are surrounded by adoring men. I struggle to get dates and I'm called beautiful often (not trying to brag here, just make a point).

Get away from that mirror. Smile at a stranger, and you will see beauty. You will feel beauty. Your nose is a tiny part of the person you are (and it's perfectly fine). Learn to love who you are-all of it. And you won't feel ugly a day in your life.

It's my 5th month,still feel horrible while...

It's my 5th month,still feel horrible while looking at myself,mostly the front view makes me panic.I am hopeless since I know that the tip is changing as time goes on,but the area between eyes and the bridge,the boney part,heals fast and doesn't change with time.Basically the wide bridge will stay the same,that is the only thing that devastates me.I've been to the psychiatrist appointment,he prescribed me antidepressants and thats it.I bought them,but I am not going to take them,there is no way of me ruining my brain cells with this"mental cure".I feel really horrible,went outside to buy some necessary products,the moment i saw myself at the mirrow,i wished to sink into the ground.Nose looks so reliefless from the front.I don't know how i will manage to live with it.I haven;t been to my surgeon office yet,i don't know whether i should go there at all.I know i'll only start crying,but i don't need his comfort at all.
I finished school a year ago and started working in order to save money for the surgery.After my rhinoplasty,I quit working and socializing.Ofcourse my depression exaserbates because of me being unoccupied,but its so hard to start doing things when you can't stand yourself
exacerbates*
that is impressive indeed,however in my case,the shape of the nose will stay pretty much the same,since the surgeon hasn't planned to change the tip as it is on that picture you linked.My only widh is to look at my nose in about 6 month and see difference in the bridge,see it at least a bit thinner.But since irs a bonny part,i dont expect it to change at all

Yesterday couldn't fall asleep,i felt temperature...

Yesterday couldn't fall asleep,i felt temperature rising throughout my body,this horrible feeling of anxiety.The most horrible is that i got nobody to share with.I know this is not just a matter of my appearance change,my nervous system is crushed,which only makes it worst.Tomorrow is importent day.There is a huge problem that i have got to solve,i don't know how i'll cope with it while being in this condition.I hope everything is going to work out for me.
sorry darl, my phone didnt seem to load the 1st comment so i had to rewrite it but they both loaded
Hi Emma, i just found your review as i was going through some rhinoplasty stories. I have always wanted to get my nose fixed (i am of Lebanese origin which might explain it :P) and have read some great and terrible reviews. I am not one to give advice as i haven't had it done yet but i do know a few people who have had rhinoplasty. 1stly i have witnessed the changes which occur from day one to month 12 and even years onwards. Swelling which does occur on and off throughout 'recovery' over a year long period is what deceives people into believing their nose job hasn't gotten them the best results. You must be patient and realize that swelling occurs on all parts of your nose for a while and 4 months is not enough to determine the exact result. 2nd, your new nose is BEAUTIFUL anyway! I would LOVE to have a nose like that! Plus it doesnt even look much different to the 'before' pictures! You are beautiful sweetheart and you must accept that the surgery is now done and start to love yourself (INCLUDING YOUR NOSE!) keep your head up! :)

From now on,every month,I'll be posting photo of...

From now on,every month,I'll be posting photo of my nose.That would be the best way to see if there is any progress going on.
I hope that finally my nose would change and get thinner.I try being patient,but generally I break down while looking at my face.

I never mentioned in my post that I also had...

I never mentioned in my post that I also had braces on half year ago.My teeth weren't that messy,one tooth was out of the line so I decided to have braces on because of him.Now,when it's been six months after I had them,I started noticing changes in my face.It became longer,skinnier,the lip's shape has changed a bit,my cheeks have faded away.I had no teeth pulled out,why would braces have such an effect on your face?Does anybody had something familiar?I want to pull braces off and stop the treatment,I don't know whether I would have my face back.The orthodontist claims there are no changes like this possible,but you can see even on the first picture I posted that not only my nose has changed,but the face at all,including the shape,the cheeks and the lips

Hi Sarah,

Were you able to get in to see a psychiatrist this week? If so, how did it go?

My first rhinoplasty turned out much worse than yours, and I have been unhappy with it for awhile, so I am choosing to take a chance and have another doctor fix the mistakes from the last surgery. I can understand that your nose did not turn out how you imagined, but from my experience and others that have deformities from rhinoplasty surgery, learn to find happiness in life. It appears that you would benefit from a psychological evaluation to determine if you are suffering from a mental illness. It seems like this experience in your life exacerbated an underlying issue. If the second rhinoplasty does not improve my appearance I will have to find the strength to stop worrying about my nose. Life is short and I hope you find happiness and realize your life is more than a nose. You can always have a revision if you are that unhappy, but I suggest seeking help before that. Even though you don't see it, I just wanted to add that you look beautiful just the way you are.

Emma, Im gonna be VERY honest. Your after nose is great. Seriously, it fits your face perfectly. Look at people "before" nose on this forum... Honestly, you nose is good :) You look like a beautiful woman.

If you still think it ruined your life, then you might have another problem, a problem to deal with your new image. You should see someone about it.

Good luck

I added a photo to actually show that I am not...

I added a photo to actually show that I am not some paranoic person and prove that there is a reason why i am depressed that much.On the photo you can see that the nose looks crooked due to the broken left side of the bridge
I would also like to say that this site is great because it shows a percentage of whether a procedure is worth it or not. Most of the time, rhinoplasty turns out great, but it is not for everyone. For example, i didn't hate my nose. I think if you absolutely hate your nose, then it should be done. But for those who have a minor flaw on their nose and they're not bothered by it, they should just leave it alone. And be sure you are on the same page as your doctor as to what is going to be done. Communication with the surgeon is one of the most important things - no surprises after the surgery is done.
Hey Faith,
Hope you are doing well, I am having good days and bad days. I'm here if you need to talk as well
Thank you Rain. We may not all fully understand Emma's thinking but I know that it is impossible for me or anyone to because we haven’t been through the same life experiences and have no idea what’s she has been through in her life. She is also very young still and that alone can be tough as some may remember.

It is easy to say, it could have been worse, etc. but it’s really, really difficult to look in the mirror and feel such regret. That sadness is hard to shake. It doesn’t matter if others think she looks ok, what matters is what she thinks and feels when she looks in the mirror. My looks have been ruined and that’s hard to accept so I understand some of what she is feeling. We can offer advice but I don’t think we should get offended because she is still in pain. A lot of very good advice has been given to her (thank you) and I believe it will be very helpful to her when the time is right, hopefully soon.

I read on another’s ladies review that she had a funeral for her former self in hopes she can move forward and I totally get that. Emma, and some us others, are still in the mourning stages. Time heals and swelling subsides, but in the meantime, hang in there Emma. Hugs and prayers for you.

Today,I have finally visited my surgeon.I shoul...

Today,I have finally visited my surgeon.I shoul have stayed and not show up in front of his office again.On my complaint about the fact that my nose became wider,especially at the area of hump reduction,he said that my nose from the beginning was too thin!Can you believe it,he said my nose was too thin!I was shocked,i could not respond to him.It comes that he decided to wider my niose because he assumes wider noses are beautiful.He also said that there is no dent and the assymetry is a normal thing.When i showed him the picture of my dent being noticable very well,he responded by saying that its a sun light that makes one side look crooked and its me who made it look like this.Seriously,I feel worst than ever,i realized that he is going to fool me up.I am so angry on him,he treated me with no respect,on every single question,he replied with an anger as if i am teaching him and actually came to argue.I am devastated.My surgeon turned out to be an enemy for me.
I'm sorry but I don't see any pics. Could someone tell me how to view them? Thanks
Hi! Could you please tell me where to access the pictures? Thanks
hi Emma I have just viewed your before and after pics in the surgeons' forum ... you are a pretty girl, but I now understand why you are unhappy. Do heed the advice of the surgeons ... "a tip that looks good when the bridge is wide, may not look as good once the bridge is narrowed" ... important to keep all parts of the nose in proportion to other parts ... computer imaging will be very helpful in deciding what you want done. Best wishes for your revision if you decide to proceed ... and hope to hear happy news from you in the future.

I had my rhinoplasty done at 26-th of february...

I had my rhinoplasty done at 26-th of february 2012.Yesterday is been exactly 1 year since i did it.Whether anything has changed since my last post regarding the appearance of the nose?The answer will be no.Neither has my frustration.Sometimes I would feel more or less happy?I would even forget for a moment about the nightmare I am going through.I would even feel that it was a dream,unreal,my imagination.This only proves how quickly we forget the bad things while experiencing happiness.But than,next day I wake up and everything comes back.I dont know whether its the way my nose can change its shape so radically sometimes,that I would like it more or less,or may be its about my whole face.You know,we all have those days when we wake up and we look good,the skin is glowy,and face overall looks like it had exactly the right amount of sleep.So at those days,which are rare,I feel okay.I even feel like a normal,happy person.Suddenly i feel confident like never before.
However,the overall result,which is definitely the final one,is unacceptable by me.Today i made some pictures and it seems that the nose hasnt changed at all in comparison to a 3 month period.
I am despearte,depressed,the surgery affected all aspects of my life.I cant start studying,since i hate the way i look,it brings me down,it takes away any motivation to live.And when you dont want to live,studying is the last thing that bothers you.I am not giving up though,haven't found the potencial revision surgeon,but Ive been looking.I mostly looked on russian forums,since it seems eathier for me to fly there for a revision.However,Russia is not that developed in plastic surgery field.It doesnt mean however,that there are no professionals over there.In conclusion,I am still empty-handed and devaststed.

January* not February

January* not February
Hi there! I really love your new nose. I think it looks natural and makes u look like a very cute girl. I can't tell any indentations from the pics you posted... We are our own worst critics so I can understand why you're upset. I hope things get better for you. :)
In all honesty i love short cute noses which is something my surgeons have never been able to give me. We rarely get what we picture in our minds after surgery and that happened to me 3 times and it can be very devastating but at the end of the day lets try to be grateful because there are so many ppl here that have had worse experiences where their noses have collapsed or become completely crooked and it must be so hard to mentally go through that. Im just saying it might not be what you want but it doesnt look bad on you at all. Take one step at a time because you still might not be happy with a revision so do extensive research and just understand that sometimes we have to be careful cause ive been disappointed 3 times n sometimes wish i could go back to my 1st nose but then in comparison to my original they were all an improvement. All the best.
I am sorry you have been through such a torrid time, I can't imagine how distressing this has been for you. You are so beautiful and so much more than your nose, and your life is worth more than you know. I'm wondering about the photo that has a before & after profile. Which is the before and which is the after?

I am looking for real patients of Dr.Cochran from...

I am looking for real patients of Dr.Cochran from Dellas.If anybody seen one or is one of them,please let me know.
Hi Emma I just had my cast off today and I couldn't belief how horrible and uneven my nose is swollen and my nostrils were. Compared to my before nose I am tempted to say now it is worse. Again this is my revision rhinoplasty and its just been 7 days since the surgery. I can assure you I have researched a long time till I found what I belived is THE expert for revision rhinoplasty. Only to be so disappointed and devastated. I paid $18,000 for this procedure of which I hoped would correct my wrong gone primary rhino. I am totally depressed and disappointed. Looking at your pictures after nose job I can honestly say it looks great to me and I think it fits the shape of your face really well however as many have said before its how you feel about it. I just like to ask you to give yourself a bit more time till you go for revision. I thought I did everything right: I researched for the EXPERT in revision Rhinoplasty, then waited another year to save the money just to feel so horrible today! You look beautiful to me, go out, meet new people and see how they react to your new nose and face. The best of luck to you!
Hi Mirja, I have read time and time again that there is a lot of swelling right after surgery. Try to stay positive that all that you see now which you dont like is swelling and it will get better. I am looking for dr's for a possible revision. Would you be able to share your story with me. Which dr's did you see, which one you chose, what you had done etc. any information you can give to help me with my decision is apppreciated. I wish you a quick recovery and the amazing results you want and deserve. Please keep us posted on your progress. All the best, Louis
Hi Emma, I'm sorry you are having such a tough time with your nose. In all honesty, I think your nose looks great. It really does look good. But, as Mia35 said, it doesn't matter what other people think or say, it's all about how your feel. That being said, if I may suggest, please wait a little longer before a revision. Having a revision is a big decision and it really should be made with a sound mind. Good luck to you.

I will not reveal the doctor's name for now,but I would in the nearest future