Still Deciding - Rayle, GA

I am 20 years old about 5'6" and weigh...

I am 20 years old about 5'6" and weigh around 230 puounds. I have recently lost 80 pounds. And you would think that with loosing this weight I would also loose cup sizes. But, instead, I gain one. My breast don't seem to want to stop growing.

I have had a larger breasts for as long as I can remember. I was wearing a D cup at ten years old. I am not totally sure of what size bra I am suppose to wear. I can never find one to fit me correctly, so I can never tell you exactly what size I am. But, I would say I somewhere between a F and a G. I have the constant back problems, neck pain, shoulder indents, pinched nerves, and of course I am being broken by the $60 a pop charge that comes with buying a G cup bra, and the difficulty of actually finding a G cup bra. I love having bigger breasts. But I hate having the side effects that come with them.

My biggest problem with having a big chest is: I have had heavier breasts for so long that they have become very saggy (to me at least) and they have lost their shape. I am very self conscious about them.

So right now I am trying to decide between a reduction and a lift. I am worried if I get a reduction they will be too small.I would like to be to a larger DD, but I'm sure my insurance will want me to go much smaller.

I know that a lift may not last as long if I keep my breast the size they are. Also, I would have to pay for everything out of my pocket if I were to go with the lift.

But I love having my bigger breasts. . .But I hate the sag and the pain that goes with them. So I am fighting with myself over if I should get them reduced or just lifted.

So, before I start my "Journey" I could really use some help deciding which procedure is for me. Anyone have any advice?

Hi! It really is a personal decision, but I can tell you that I am very happy with my reduction and am still much larger than a lot of women who have never had surgery. I started at a 34H and had less than 500gm removed from each and am still measuring at a 34DD. Personally I would have preferred to be smaller, but am so happy with finally not having constant pain. I know that many women have a hard time giving up that piece of their identity, even with the pain(physical and emotional) that they cause, but in the end most of us are thankful to have done it. But don't let any of us influence you one way or the other. You have to be ready and sure that you want to proceed. But please don't hesitate to ask any of us questions. We are always willing to help! Good luck!

Hi there and welcome to RealSelf! Thank you for sharing your story and photos with us. Congrats on the weight loss! That's quite an accomplishment.

You might want to consider posting a question to doctors (with your photos) in RealSelf's Q&A community. They should be able to give you some good guidance. They might suggest both a lift and reduction.

Please keep us posted about what you decide to do. I'm sorry you're suffering for your breasts. It's too bad it has to be that way.

Thank you both for your input! I am starting to lean more towards a reduction. I'm still pretty worried that I will have to go too small for my liking. But, I guess I will have to see.
i totally agree with momoftwo2011! go for the reduction as you will still get the lifting effect but with being smaller then you should keep the perkiness alot longer! i just had my reduction on monday and even tho i am all bandaged up i feel great!
Hey I was where u are two weeks ago I had my surgery the 28th I was an E I'm 190 after kids and loosing weight they where saggy and my plback was killing me my insurance said I had to have 500 cc to remove for coverage after the surgery I thought I was going to be left with maybe a b cup but now with the reduction and lift I'm a full d and live them plus day after surgery and no pain meds I had absolutely no back pain or pinch nerve in my neck it was like I was 13 again in te boobs I always ha large ones too and I am fully happy !! I highly recommend a lot of the boob they take is fat from the sag and the sides so surprising how much ur left just ask insurance what amount of cc that u have to have removed 500cc is a lbs of each side !! My husband loves my boobs today was the first day e saw them since befor the surgery ! - good luck-