Revisional Breast Augmentation for Tuberous Breast - Raleigh, NC

I had my original breast augmentation in September...

I had my original breast augmentation in September of 2009 at the age of 32. My entire life post puberty consisted of being completely embarrassed of my breasts. Little did I know, I had a "deformity" known as tuberous breasts. To make me feel even more "freakish", I only had the deformity on one side, so my breasts didn't even look like they belonged to the same person. When I finally got the original surgery, I was extremely depressed and disappointed since it left me with still very assymetrical breasts and the deformed breast still looked deformed, only bigger. After 3 1/2 years of being disappointed, I decided to try one more time. I came across Dr. Morea's name by conducting a google search and saw that he had corrected people with the same deformity I had. During my consultation, he was very thorough and respectful with a very nice bedside manner. After meeting with him, I was pretty hopeful that he could at least improve my condition, if not completely fix it. I just had to convince my husband to spend the money on a 2nd procedure. Dr. Morea met with me again with my husband so he could see the pictures of people he had fixed similar to me. Finally, my husband agreed and I scheduled the surgery. My entire experience the 2nd time around was without a doubt, so much better than the first. I was extremely nauseous after my first surgery and got sick in the car ride home three times. I didn't get sick once after Dr. Morea's surgery and really felt fine coming out of sedation. Also, my results I could tell from day 1 were SO much better. At first, I would say my problem was fixed 100%. Once my new implants settled in and the swelling went down, the constricted part of my tuberous breast started to show through again but nothing like it was before. I would say my problem is about 90% fixed, whereas after my first surgery it was only about 60% in my opinion. If you are blessed with just needing a simple breast augmentation not requiring anything special like I did, I still would not trust anyone but Dr. Morea in the Raleigh area. He is not pushy, is realistic and will not make you look fake. He personally called me the evening after my surgery to check on things and definitely has a very nice bedside manner. His staff is amazing. The office workers and the nurses are top notch. I highly recommend Dr. Morea!
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

I'm happy you were able to get so much closer to 100% satisfied with your results. Many doctors will say that most women have some asymmetry with their breasts and that they are "sisters' not "twins." ;) Did you get entirely new implants? What type and size? Have you needed to get new bras or do your bras just fit more properly? Thank you for sharing your inspirational story on RealSelf!