Why Was I Ever Afraid? - Raleigh, NC

I've needed LASIK for a while, but never bit the...

I've needed LASIK for a while, but never bit the bullet because of certain people who told me about horror stories or that I should wait for better technology.
Well, I went to a free LASIK consultation (after scheduling and cancelling a couple of times) and felt so at ease. Maybe it was finally just walking in or maybe it was a good office. I went to Travers LASIK Vision Care by Rex Hospital.
The consultation was really quick and I scheduled my procedure. The next week I had the quick procedure and a couple of days later, all soreness was gone and I could see better than I had in years!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Still good!

No problems after two weeks! I know some people have to get adjustments, but I'm hoping I don't!

2,000 for both eyes? I was looking at visiting them, but I saw they have a payment plan as slow as $54 a month for 36 months on their website. That comes out to much more, but I realize there is usually interest with financing.

Thanks for sharing your story, Jeffrey. I'm researching laser eye surgery myself, so it's really helpful to hear from people who have already gone through with it.

When will you know if you need to get adjustments?

If my vision changes. Not everyone has to have them. There aren't really any bad reviews for Travers, so maybe it depends on the doctor? I think it more has to do with the person's own body and the way they react. Probably a better question for the doctor, but from what they said in the office, needing an adjustment is out-of-the-norm. (
Raleigh-Durham Ophthalmologist

Was absolutely great. I really liked everything about it and felt at ease. Wasn't sure how I'd react, but it was fine.