Clear and Brilliant - Raleigh, NC

I have been interested in Fraxel for the treatment...

I have been interested in Fraxel for the treatment of hyper pigmentation of the face for about a year now. I have occasional breakouts where I pick at my face (severely) and now I have dark spots, probably from sun damage as well as picking. That being said, I know that faxel is the most effective treatment for this. Unfortunately, I wasnt prepared for the downtime or the cost of Fraxel. Thats where the Clear and Brilliant comes in. The 'no downtime/no numbing needed' was a real draw for me. I sat down with Andrea, the RN at Davis Plastic Surgery, and went over my concerns and my current skin care. She was concerned that I had been on a retin-A product recently and told me it would be ideal for me to have stopped it 5 days prior but I decided to go ahead with the procedure anyway, knowing that I may be in for a little bit 'more' of a treatment. Now... Disclaimer: Im a big baby. I have sensitive skin and I tend to react severely to almost everything (botox, peels, microderm). Well this was no different. Im pretty sure having been on the retin-A really threw me over the edge because that laser got hot! I remember making Andrea stop, a couple of times, so that I could regain myself and prepare for the next pass. She said she noticed that I reacted more quickly than others and was much more pink than others but reassured me that it would be okay within the hour. She applied vitamin C serum and sunscreen, gave me a list of aftercare instructions, and told me what to expect. I returned to work and felt fine the rest of the day, aside from my pink skin. By that evening I had returned to my usual tone and was sure to keep moisturizer with me at all times. The next day I felt a little sandpapery but you couldnt see it. Makeup went on fine and as long as I was moisturized I felt fine. The rough feeling lasted 3 days or so and what followed was baby smooth skin. I felt more evened out and a little glowy. My dark spots seem lighter but they arent gone completely. Andrea says after one or maybe two more treatments I will be 'pristine!' She was great, kept me laughing but still very comfortable, and was very knowledgable about skin, including aftercare. I will definitely return and encourage all of my friends and family to as well!
I met with Andrea a week ago about filler and LOVE her!! How are you liking your results so far?? Do you notice any difference in your skin??
I definitely notice a difference. The texture is better and I feel like the tone is evened out. Problem is I break out from time to time and I really need to learn to stop picking my face! Ive been saying that for years though :( I'll post again after my second treatment that Im planning to get in September! Love Andrea too though, shes the best!
For me, the jury's still out on Clear & Brilliant. I've had 2 treatments - and no ill effects - yet, I'm not sure that even the Permea hand device has the strength necessary to get down to deep age spots (as opposed to superficial "sun" spots - which IPL might even take care of). The sandpaper after effect is par for the course - and I actually bought myself the same professional after care kit (Skinceuticals) that is used at the medispa. Rather than put more money down this rabbit hole, I'm thinking of trying a more powerful laser - meanwhile spot treating with 8% TCA peels and hydraquinone fade cream. My dermatologist did say "nothing" was going to remove my particular age spots - and, while I didn't want to believe her, it's becoming more of a reality. Faded - yes. Eliminated - no. I started out with 2 IPLs per year for the past two years - diminishing returns on the age spots; switched to Clear & Brilliant (2X) this year.
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon