Zeltiq - Raleigh, NC

I bought a Groupon special. I did because it I...

I bought a Groupon special. I did because it I have a pouch that I wanted to reduce. The tech who did it was very nice. I had the large machine used on me. I watched a movie while it was being done. The first 7 min were very painful and for a second I was going to call the tech back and tell her to never mind. But the pain went away and it was do able. It lasted an hour. After it was done she massaged my belly. It was a little sore and numb but I could live with it. The bad thing was four days later when the horrible pain started. I was not warned about it. It felt like my lower stomach was on fire, itchy, burning and pins and needle feeling. I've taking advil, tylenol and it doesnt help with the pain. I called the Dr. office they called in gabapentin 100 mg. 3x a day. It did nothing for the pain. All I know that if someone offered this procedure for free without pain medicine I would not do it again.

I'm sorry you had the experience with pain. Next time, ask your doctor's office if the physician, P.A. or Nurse practitioner will prescribe Neurontin if needed. In the rare cases that people do experience this level of pain it can be extremely helpful. During the CoolSculpting procedure, there will be intense cooling for a few minutes. Some people find this uncomfortable, but the area soon becomes numb and people can relax and feel quite comfortable during a treatment. Following the treatment most people continue with their day normally with little to no discomfort. Over the course of a few days, some people feel mild discomfort similar to the feeling one might have after a workout. On occasion, significant discomfort has been reported. The patients who experience significant discomfort are almost always patients who have had treatment with a single large applicator administered to the lower abdomen area. In my practice, we offer compression garments like the ones we use for patients following tummy tucks or liposuction. This has seemed to provide additional comfort and support to patients. On occasion, a patient might find relief with a non-narcotic pain medication called Neurontin. This can be prescribed by the doctor or the physician assistants and nurse practitioners in the practice. However, most patients do not require medication following a CoolSculpting procedure. Web reference: http://www.michaellawmd.com/coolsculpting.html
I am, thank you so much. I started feeling better on Sat. I'm still sore and it feels a little tender. The difference is that now I can go to work, move around live my life like a normal person. lol
Wow, you had a very different experience from mine. As I read all the reviews on coolsculpting I wonder sometimes why this procedure varies so much between people as far as the pain is concerned. No idea. In any case I hope you;re feeling better with each day.

I wish they would have prescribed me some pain med before I left the office. I would have started the med right away. At one point I called the office and they never returned my call. I had to call them back. Besides that the tech was very nice. But the pain is so bad and it feels like there's nothing that can make it better.