Almost Too Good to Be True! - Raleigh, NC

I have always had what I considered 'back fat'...

I have always had what I considered 'back fat' even when I was near my goal weight - and have always hated it. They were like 2 fat packets right under where my bra was. I have talked to plastic surgeons in the past about them - but they never thought liposuction was a great answer, and it scared me a little. When I saw CoolSculpting on Dr. Oz - it looked too good to be true! I consulted with Andrea at Davis Plastic Surgery and she gave me some great information about it.

After researching more, i bit the bullet and froze my back fat! It was strange but not at all painful. I felt pretty numb and weird for about 10 days afterwards but nothing significant. Andrea had told me it would take 2-3 months to begin seeing results but I could tell a difference in a few weeks! Andrea took these after pictures at 2 months, and my results have continued to improve. I am extremely happy with this procedure, though it does seem like results vary depending on the area you treat, your individual body and the office you go to.

I am extremely happy with my experience and outcome with CoolSculpting the upper back area and also recommend Andrea and Davis Plastic Surgery in Raleigh.

Next up - stomach

3 weeks ago I went back in and had a 'smallish' area done around my navel. I paid $575. I hope to get the same results as I did on my bra area! But I am realistic - I know one CoolSculpting treatment isn't going to erase what 3 children did to my body. I may discuss a mini tummy tuck or something in the future.
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

I was very impressed with my first visit to this office. The staff are very friendly and seem extremely competent and intelligent about the procedures they offer (I also asked about skincare options.) Andrea the CoolSculpting lady was efficient and very sweet. I enjoyed going to this office.

I think you look great too- I had it done yesterday. I hope I get as good a result as you!
Hi Phillipa... :) thanks for your review. I also had my bra fat area treated a month ago and hope to have a similar result to yours. I have a question for you about the placement if the applicators. When mine where removed the area that was treated ended up being fairly bruised. The bruises ended up being higher than I expected them to be. I assume the surrounding skin got sucked into the machine and hopefully the area below my bra strap got treated as well. The skin is fairly stretchy in this area so I am wondering if the same thing happened to you ?
You look great, Phillipa! Thanks for sharing!
I love your result with coolsculpting. I think I might want to try this myself on my thighs. Were you able to go back to normal activity after? If not, how long did it take for you to go back to regular activity?
I just did my inner thighs and posted my initial reviews. I had no downtime at all and i am very active.
Your back does look better, but coolsculpting is similar to liposuction in the way that you gain weight in other places and that's why the bra fat area looks a little bit bigger now. I had my inner thighs done and the difference is so minimal, however the weight is now going to my stomach instead of my thighs so now i have to not only redo my thighs but get my stomach done. Then god only knows were the fat will go.
Hey PinkBarbie, I've thought a little about what would happen if I'd waited until I lost weight to do the coolsculpting... I'd have less areas to treat but chances are I'd gain some of it back if my weight was hard to maintain...so for that reason I'm actually more comfortable with the thought of having treatments while I am a little chubby and only treated the areas that bug me when I am thin. It interesting that you are finding new areas that bug you more since treating your inner thighs. Perhaps it got rid of more fat than you realized?
If it wasn't for the fact that I actually loss some weight, I may have thought the same thing. It's most likely that you are not gaining fat in different areas, even though that is a possibility if you aren't careful with your diet, but it's more likely that untreated areas are now 'standing' out.
true.
Thanks for the posting. This is the second area I was considing having done if not my love handles. I know what you mean that you can be your ideal weight but can't get rid of those!! Not sure if excercise can help that area. Looks like coolsculpting did a great job working on you! Congrats.
Seriously? The flesh above is heavier in the after.. so appears that the fat was pulled above a tight bra to smooth the area. Disappointing.
Well that's rude. I'm wearing the exact same bra - and I personally am very happy with my results. There are tops and dresses I haven't been able to wear in ages that I can now wear. I am sorry you don't seem as pleased with my results as I am.
I think you look great! your results are VERY noticeable. Well done!
I think what you are seeing is the position of the bra in the beofre and after pictures, look how her bra is bend in one picutre and straight in the other. That is what creates the difference you are seeing. The treated area (under the bra line) is greatly diminished.
Sorry by "bra" i meant "arm" the position of the arm... look how her arm is bent in one picture and straight in the other
Seriously? It looks like the fat was pulled above a tight bra to smooth the area. You can see it at the underarms.
I really didn't change my diet or exercise patterns at all. I did ask about doing the area above - but they advised me I do not have enough of a fat/tissue/skin combo for the procedure to work. Og well - it was worth asking! I am very happy with the results.
Does the area above need to be treated separately then? If so that's four treatments, right?
Hello, nice before after pics! Just one question did you diet or exercise post procedure?
This is the area that I want to do next. I'm just curious if you feel like you need to treat the area above now that the bra bulge below is gone?