Life Changing for Me - Raleigh, NC

I developed cystic acne when I was 25 years old...

I developed cystic acne when I was 25 years old around my mouth and chin. GREAT. after antiobiotics, topicals even injections I was prescribed Accutane. The bloodtests were a pain - but SOOOO worth it! It has now been 6 years (and 2 children :) later and not a pimple in sight!

Raleigh-Durham Dermatologist

In my personal experience, And the research I have done - it actually improves the skin in the lng run, not the opposite. I have actually heard of derms putting people on it for anti aging rather than for acne because of that side effect!

Really? With all the side effects & risks that seems like a really risky drug to put someone on for anti-aging.

I am an adult with cystic acne and am afraid to go on it for these reasons:
1) Does it cause you to age more?
2) I actually like oily skin, after it's done will my skin be super dry?
3) I workout everyday, will this medication ruin that?

Thanks!
Tracy

Here is a Q&A that talks about working out while on Accutane:

What's Allowed While Taking Accutane?

I got pregnant with my first child about 4 years later. I was worried that the acne may return during pregnancy or afterwards - but now after 2 kids it still looks amazingly clear!
Accutane really changed my skin's texture - in a good way. I use to also be very oily on my nose and chin and that is not a problem at all anymore. Amazing stuff.

It certainly is a powerful drug. I'll always wish I had gotten the same change so many others report, but I have a stubborn body I suppose. ;)

Glad your acne has stayed away & that you were blessed with 2 beautiful children in your life. :)

How interesting that your acne didn't start till you were 25 - lucky to have evaded the high school years with it!

So glad to hear it worked well for you & you saw good results.

Since you mentioned you have kids do you mind me asking how long it was after you were off Accutane that you became pregnant?