38 Years Old, 3 Kids, Dentist and Athlete but Needed a Tummy Tuck - Raleigh, NC

I was always pretty fit but after 3 kids I became...

I was always pretty fit but after 3 kids I became completely out of shape and very overweight. I decided to lose weight so as part of that effort I spent the next couple years working out like crazy. I weight lifted, ran a couple half marathons, triathalons and trained Brazilian Jujitsu. I managed to lose 60lbs but I was still super frustrated. I had this large pouch on my stomach that would just not go away. I tried over and over again to work on the area but nothing seemed to help. One day at work I ran into a doctor friend of mine at the hospital who just had a tummy tuck by Dr. Blanton. She showed her stomach to me and it looked amazing. She was so happy and I was happy for her. I figured that if a doctor I trust is recommending another doctor to me that she trusts then I couldn't ask for a better referral. I showed up for a consultation a week later and two weeks later I had the procedure done without even a second thought. Today was my post op and I am thrilled with the results. Dr. Blanton and his whole team where phenomenal. I had such a sense of confidence in them that I felt totally comfortable with everything from start to finish. They were professional, knowledgeable and know what they are doing which is key. They were able to do for me what no amount of working out would do which was put my abdomen back together again after the birth of multiple kids. Words cannot express my feelings of happiness that I finally have a body which matches up with how I feel on the inside which is amazing. I would recommend Dr. Blanton and his office team to anyone who is considering have any type of cosmetic procedure. Thanks to all of them for a great experience. Sincerely, Dr. Geeta Bhat
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Blanton also performed my tummy tuck before Christmas (and my breast lift last spring)...I am a huge Dr. Blanton fan and like your friend who showed you her tummy tuck, I too, show everyone "his work" that is willing to look.
I suggest we form a fan club called Blanton's babes! He really does excellent work.
Love it! I'm in! I am actually quite obnoxious about telling everyone I can about how great he is and what excellent work he does...just the price he must pay for extremely happy patients! :-)
Couldn't have said it better myself!
Welcome to the community and thank you for sharing with us.
Totally amazing what our bodies go through with having babies.  Enjoy your new body and happy bikini shopping:)

How has the recovery been so far.  Generally the first week is the worst.
Recovery was actually much better than I anticipated. I needed no assistance to move, use the bathroom, bathe etc. I am in great physical shape with the exception of that pouch on my abs so I think that really helped. I was able to operate independently without assistance. I think that may not be the norm but I'm not complaining. I'm so happy that I did it.
So glad to hear this.  You are one of the lucky ones so enjoy it:)