Smart Lipo on Arms and Bra Line- Raleigh-Durham, NC

March 1 - day 2 I had the procedure performed...

March 1 - day 2

I had the procedure performed yesterday on my arms and bra line. I did take pain medicine to help me sleep and get through the first day day but today I haven't needed anything more than Tylenol. The drainage stopped this afternoon with most the liquid draining in the first twelve hours post surgery. I recommend buying a bag of under garment pads. I used most in the package.

My muscles are very sore...like I did a extremely hard workout. I have been expecting this but until you feel it it is hard to describe. The Dr said I will need to keep moving my arms to make sure I keep mobility and nothing tightens up. I started moving and bending them through the discomfort. The incisions are starting to close already and feel like harsh paper cuts in sensitive places.

Most stories i have read the first week is the hardest and I my experience is no differrent. My mom has had an arm tuck and traditional liposuction so she has helped me prepare for this and is keeping me optimistic through my period of "what have I just done?" Overall, this is something I have considered for two years now and It's something I wanted so I am keeping my spirits focused on the outcome and not what I see in the mirror right now.

I took the compression garment off to shower and can tell there will be a difference but I'm extremely swollen now. My bra line is especially swollen, which my Dr said is normal. I plan to wear the compression garment for at least six weeks.
I will post more updates in the weeks to come and share some pictures.

So far the staff has been great. I will rate aftercare as I continue the process.

Congrats! I can't wait to see your pics. How are you doing on your pain?
I don't feel much pain. My muscles in my arms feel like I lifted weights in an extreme way, but even this is started to subside. My arms are still numb in my triceps though so it's an odd feeling more than pain. i liken this to your cheeks after a dentist appointment. My bra line is still very swollen and sore which is probably the most uncomfortable aspect, but even this very bearable. My incisions are starting to scab and itch like most scabs do. My mobility is getting better as I stretch my arms ever so often and raise them over my head.
Hey where did you go to have yours done?
Dr. Jason Miller in Durham. So far the service has been great.m