Radiesse is a Terrible Product

It has been 11 months and I still look like a...

It has been 11 months and I still look like a freak. The incompetent board certified surgeon injected way too much product into my face. Aside from his imcompetence the product itself stretched and ruined my face. I pray that it will go back to its original contour. I will never use radiesse again. However, I will use restylane and which I did not listen to the doctor who suggested radiesse because of its longevity.

You indicate it will take 18 months or longer.How...

You indicate it will take 18 months or longer.

How much longer?  It has been 2 years for me and the radiesse is still there.

What exactly does this statement mean:Radiesse is...

What exactly does this statement mean:

Does anyone know for a fact if radiesse eventually totally dissipates? It has been two years and two months, the horrible product is still there. I appreciate if anyone knows for sure. -- Updated on Sep 23, 2009: What exactly does this statement mean: Radiesse is considered "semi permanent" because the collagen that it stimulates will last for years after the product has dissolved. Cannot be dissolved with any chemicals such as Hyaluronidase
Glastonbury Plastic Surgeon

He doesn't know how to use the radiesse product correctly.

get a sonic care toothbruth. hold the back of the toothbrush up, against the area that has radiesse in it. it will slowly break up the area, allowing the body to absorb the radiesse. I know because I've had radiesse in the sides of my face (nasolabial lines) for 5 years. I was overfilled & only the top 1" part dissolved. the rest (going down to almost my jawline has remained - about 50-60% since. I started using my sonicare toothbrush because no one had any answers (including all the doctors on here). they're no help. no one wants to surgically remove the radiesse, as it'll probably cause more problems. any filler will always dissolve faster in more mobile areas of the face. I've been doing the sonicare toothbrush remedy for about 3 weeks now & can start to see a difference. I was only doing it 2x a week. but now that I'm seeing improvement, I've moved it up to every day. (I just do it while watching tv & have a small mirror to make sure I'm holding it right on top of the area). I hope that helps! I can truly empathize with you. I personally think radiesse should be banned, as there's no way to remove it & it mimics bone more than fat tissue.
I think it means that the actual substance that is injected into your face (calcium hydroxyapatite) eventually dissipates, however the effects of the product (e.g. increased collagen production, nodule formation) can be more long term or permanent.
I think that we need to look at getting a Class Action Suit. Anyone interested?
I am, it has been 4 months and I am still suffering
Count me in - it's been 4 months for me and I still have red balloons under my eyes that my board-certified, radiesse usa recommended plastic surgeon attributed to rosacea.
My God, my Doctor said the same thing, "Oh I've done this before on hundreds of people without a problem" Well, apparently there's LOTS of people who have a problem with it!!!!! These Doctors need to have some retribution for using a product where it is NOT RECOMMENDED, and then going off saying its our problem we had a reaction to it. Now I am so scared because the person 'Shannon10' who wrote in the its been 2 years and she STILL has the problem. Unbelievable.
I'm having similar problems. One eye is ok, the other one has a ridge along the orbital ridge which is lumpy, and a deep red bruise below it. It get better periodically, but still has to be hidden with makeup, and then still not completely. It has been 7 weeks. My doctor is a certified board plastic surgeon. He says he has done hundreds of these, and I'm the only one that has ever had any problems. He is now doing ultra-sound treatments to try to break up the lump. He says it is just edema that the lymphatic system is blocking, but everytime I try to "massage" it away, it just swells up much worse. This doctor has done other procedures for me which have been fantastic. But I'm tired of having to go out looking like a freak and lying to people and saying I was stung by a bee! How long does a bee sting last anyway? Any hope that this can be fixed? Does anyone know?
Hi I am in the process of dealing with a Radiesse nightmare. I had Radiesse injected under my eyes and I have a raised line under one eye and a reddish ballon under the other. I am trying to figure out how long this wil llast or if I should have it removed. Now tha t ime has passed has your Radiessse dissapated? Thank you