Mixed Results

The first time I received Radiesse for naslabial...

The first time I received Radiesse for naslabial folds, it wasn't bad. It did look a bit strange when I smiled, and I could see the material, however it did fill out the folds somewhat. The results lasted about 6 months. I had a second treatment done 8 months later, the doctor saying that he was using a slightly different technique so I wouldn't see the solid line of material. Right afterwards I saw that one side was quite lumpy & he said not to touch it, that the swelling would go away in a few days. When the swelling did subside, I had lumps on that one side of my face for about 4 months which were quite noticeable. Even in photos you could see that there was something strange and it gave me kind of a crooked smile. Thank god it's disappeared after 6 months. I am choosing never to use Radiesse again for the nasolabial folds, however I still would like to find something which would do the trick, without being so obvious, and freaky looking. I'm seeing that Juvederm has a softer look and feel, but doesn't last as long & may not be suitable for the deep folds? I'm thinking about looking into fat injections instead, as I hear it's a more natural approach, and lasts longer. I'm reading up on this Artefille, but I'm super afraid to have that kind of result which would be permanent... Any ideas?

9201 Sunset Blvd

I wouldn't use Artefille or you could have a crooked smile forever and have read it can cause infections years later plus it releases something like 6 million small beads which would be impossible to remove. I think a better doctor should be used for your Radiesse.