Don't Bother!

I had Radiesse injections for the lines from my...

I had Radiesse injections for the lines from my nose to the corners of my mouth about a month ago. Slightly uncomfortable, but not unbearable. I did get some bruising and swelling that lasted about a week. I could take all that if the results lasted! At first, the results were great! For the first time in many years, I was no longer self conscious about those awful lines ( ) that aged me.

Unfortunately, the results only lasted about 2 weeks! Now I'm out $750, and I have my wrinkles back! I went in to get Juvadurm, and was told that Radiesse would last longer, so I went with it! What a waste of money. At least with Juvadurm, I would have gotton a few "wrinkle free" months, instead I got 2 weeks, and wasted alot of money!

Don't EVER use radiesse in your lips....PLEASE. Learn from my mistake and safe yourself a whole lot of grief!!!! It's awful.
AMEN!!! I agree! Mine looked great for about 2 weeks and then back to normal I was. I went back to the place I had it done and they pulled out my pics and tried to tell me they could see a big difference...I saw NO difference. Then they told me that I really needed 2 syringes. I wasnt going to do that again and risk no difference.
Me, too! Exact same experience! Have you experimented with with anything else yet? I'm thinking of trying Juvederm. Was wondering if it is just as painful of a process. Mine was quite painful and I looked like I got beat up afterward.
Hi HollyM, I just read your comments to my post! No, I haven't tried Juvederm yet, still thinking about it. After my Radiesse experience, I'm a bit hesitant! Have you tried it, and if you did, did you like the results? I hate these lines on my face, but I guess I may just have to live with them! Please let me know if you tried anything with better results! Thanks, Bonnie
About two weeks ago I went in for Juvaderm and ended up getting Perlane. The guy I went to was wonderful. I took Rutin for three days prior (I think it's better than Arnica) and made sure he numbed me up good so I had no bruising or pain. I'm 57 so I'm not looking to be 30 here but I loved what he did with the lines around my mouth. When he filled the lines, I immediately looked much younger. He wanted to continue with some Juvederm to smooth out some other lines and Botox my forehead wrinkles (only for an additional $300!) but I haven't gone back yet. I'm letting my face settle down and see how it goes. Good luck! (Oh, I live in the LA area - in case you wanted to know about this doctor.)
Thanks for getting back to me. I had never heard of Perlane, but since reading your reply, did some looking up on it. You said it has been two weeks, I'll be curious to know how long it lasts. Could you be kind enough to keep me informed if you still feel the same way a few months from now? I'm 53 and always looked pretty young. I worked outside for over 20 years, and it finally started to show on my face. I do Botox between my brows, and love it. Without it I feel like I look like I'm scowling, even when I'm happy. Too bad I couldn't do Botox on the lines between my nose and corners of my mouth! I'm not trying to look 30 either, just trying to soften up the harshness of aging. I guess it's going to be an on-going process from now on. Thanks for the info! Bonnie PS - I live in upstate NY where we have a few very good Doctor's, but I wish I had the selection you have in LA!