Radiesse Injections with Uneven Results

I had Radiesse injections 5 weeks ago. The left...

I had Radiesse injections 5 weeks ago. The left side of my face developed a large hematoma & had major bruising along with swelling. The right side now looks deformed as even though the swelling has somewhat subsided on the left side, the cheeks do not look even remotely like they belong on the same face.

I am reluctant to have more Radiesse injected & cannot wait for the product to dissipate so that I can at least look in the mirror & not cry or feel self-conscious. I did all my research on this product & thought that I had done my research on the doctor but her expertise ended with her spiel on how great she was & what she could do for me. I am now stuck with uneven cheeks & I am out the $$ as she refused to refund any portion of my money basing this on the fact that I had initialled paperwork prior to the procedure that stated that "Cosmetic augmentation is not a science & results are not guaranteed".

I beg to differ with that statement as I should be able to at least hold my head up & look in the mirror without cringing after spending my hard earned dollars. I will be making an appointment for a consult with another facility & have heard that Juvaderm Ultra Plus can be floated along the cheeks to fill in where Radiesse did not but am I flirting with disaster?

I did not expect to look like a supermodel but I wanted to freshen up my 56 year old face. I am very sorry that I used the doctor that I did & I wished that I had gone to the person with whom I have the consult with as she was very compassionate when I called in hysterics about my face two weeks ago. She saw me immediately & reassured me that the swelling would subside & she had the "let's wait & see" how it all turns out before we do anything. Anyone with similar problems & what did you do about them? Thanks for any input.

Dr. Robin Fleck

I do not believe that this doctor is highly trained & her ethics i.e., she tried to deceive me by using my before picture as my after picture & my after picture as my before picture. She was not at all concerned about whether I was pleased with the result, she only reminded me of all the "legal" paperwork that I initialed prior to the procedure. There wasn't any caring or concern on her part for my emotional or physical well-being.

I had a horrible experience with Dr. Fleck, too. I paid around $475+ for Xeomin, and only wanted my 11's to look better. The results were nil. I went back several times for retouching which I paid full price for, as she doesn't stand behind her work. I feel she conned me and I reported her to the company and will be filing a complaint with the AMA. She had the nerve to ask me for an additional $180 to retouch it, after going in 5 times and paying full price each time for retouches. She is not a reputable doctor for cosmetic work and I won't go back. I went for a consultation with another doctor who said it appeared I had nothing injected and she would do it with Botox for $275 and guarantee the results. Dr. Fleck charges $600 for the same filler the other doctor I saw charges $400 for. Dr. Fleck said I would need 2 syringes and the other doctor said I would need only one. I will never go back to Robin Fleck. She has a very reputation, which I later learned. Sorry you had a bad experience, too.
I deeply feel for the people who have suffered under the hands of a greedy and reckless medical industry here in the USA. I had this despicable product Injected under my jaw line over two years ago, and posted here on realself about my massive inflammatory response, marked by persistent redness along the jaw, constant infections and puss coming up, and huge swollen lumps the size of ping pong balls on some days. This initial reaction lasted a full two months, after doctor after doctor turned me away In shock and awe, afraid of injecting me w steroids longterm and baffled by the sight of me. For the following year Lumps under my skin remained distorting my face, and the redness and the endless cycle of puss filled lesions continued, actually moving from site to site on my face, up from the jaw all along my cheeks and hairline. at two years, tens of thousands of dollars of laser surgery, alternative health treatments and a univeristy's share of knowledge on holistic and high tech skin care later, I still suffer constant redness all along the bottom half of my face, with dozens of new puss filled white heads coming up daily. I lost a full two years of my life and only now am able to manage this condition, namely the constant stinging pain has finally subsided (I couldn't rest my face on a pillow at night or touch my skin without shooting stinging pain). So this is my great success. I have been unemployable In any job out in public as I have looked sick, infected, deformed and "on drugs". Cops have stopped me multiple times and profiled me as a drug user. My sex life suffered immensely save for my spiritual compassion and confident personality. I have had to reorient my career path entirely because if this problem. All caused by injections that I paid for and that were administered by a fully competent and reputable surgeon, or so I thought. This product is evil and had ruined my life, only demanding me to abandon vanity and seek spiritual and personal transcendence to overcome the judgments of people around me, employers, police, my own family, and potential lovers. I have found relieve of sorts through diligent, extremely informed high tech natural skin care, radical lifestyle changes to live near a natural sulfuric hotspring in southern California, a 100% zero gluten diet, no more plastic surgery anything, total mind body health and a dissolution of my ego.. And still I am marked, scarred, can't shave, and spend more time than I ever dreamt I would "grooming" and doing damage control. I am more informed than any medical doctor, naturopath, esthetician on skin care now, diet and lifestyle. Out of necessity. Out of desperation, out of pain and constant discomfort. This Product single handedly derailed my entire Life and career and I still suffer two years on..
Hello, I just got radiesse and juvederm done. When I smile,one side of my face looks like a "fat cheek" and the other side is okay. I also have a small bump where the juvederm was injected. Has anyone ever experienced this? I am praying that my fat cheek will settle to match the other side but it has been 10 days so I am not sure the time frame for this. I appreciate any feedback. JSC
Amy, I, too, suffered for weeks after Radisse injections with a face that looked like something out of a scary movie. I did finally go to see another doctor & had Juvederm Ultra Plus injected to fill a divit in one cheek & a bit put into the other cheek to even out the overall appearance. It does get better but you should wait longer than two days as it really does take weeks to finally know what your outcome will actually look like. I will never again put this product in my face as the waiting period to see your final results is emotionally draining.
Two days ago i had radiance injected into my face. i have been injecting the marrionette lines with Juvaderm about 10 months ago, The results were pretty good at first, then dissapeared about 6 months later. my doctor informed me that radiance would be the next step. and would last longer. I now have a cheeks taht look like they could come from a clown. and when i smile !!!! i have weird looking divits on the side of my cheeks. i am so upset taht i had this done. i will have to follow up with another doctor. to hopefully help me. Before the injections !!!1 i did sign a release form. but i did not think that the results would be this bad. i wanted to write this and hope i can advise other people PLEASE DO NOT HAVE THIS DONE NOT WORTH IT !!!!!!!
Thanks JSR, I learned my lesson the hard way...I did my research, I'm pretty picky and I tend to ask many questions. including which medical school they attended. But we can all be fooled..
I posted a similar problem. I did the crying too, it's been 2 weeks now and the right side of my jaw line is more swollen. She put extra cc's on one side and ended up having an assymetrical face. I still can't look at myself in the mirror. This is the same doctor who had injected me with lidocaine and froze my entire right face, I thought I had a stroke and she didn't have the decency to tell me it was the shot and kept telling me i looked fine even though I couldn't blink and my smile was totally crooked for 5 hours...
I hope that you are staying positive. I can't believe that there are not stricter regulations on who is qualified to do injections. I hope that the doctors out there who keep making mistakes with their injections lose their ability to practice as if you aren't an expert in this field, you should be honest & say so. But then, it is all about the almighty dollar & cosmetic augmentation is a big money maker. You should try to find someone in your area who is an expert in this field & get in to see them for a consult to see if they can help you. There are people out there who are qualified, we just have to search harder to find them. Good luck.
I feel your pain. I look worse. I am four weeks from the procedure. He fixed what was needed on one side but then overcorrected the other side. I look lopsided. I called the Radiesse company and they said go back to the practioner for help. I am going back tomorrow, but I know very little can be done since it cannot be dissolved. I wish I had used Juvederm or a product that can be dissolved.
Thanks. I appreciate that you understand. I am going in for the consult with the other facility as I wouldn't trust the original doctor to even just look at the results....I try to be positive each day but find myself not going out in public & have sort of cut myself off from people. Good luck. Stay well.