Radiesse Drawbacks

I would not have radiesse again unless...

I would not have radiesse again unless maybe I knew of an VERY experienced injector.  After 6 weeks, I still have noticable hard knots that are discolored.  They have given me IPL on the spots with no success.  My overall appearace is not soft and blended, but hard and edges are defined.  I can see the knots and the spaces between them if I strectch my skin.   I understand that it takes 3-6 months for the gel carrier to dissolve and I can only hope I improve with that.  Because there is no way to dissolve the Radiesse itself, I will be stuck looking this way for awhile!  Don't let  ANYONE tell you there is no down time.  You will be bruised and it lasts for at least 10 days.  Initially you are quite swollen as well.  This product needs to be injected deeply so please find an excellent injector.  I myself  would opt for perlane next time around.

Yes, thank you, I am better. The negative effects of the Radiesse are no longer visible; however, neither are the positive effects. I am just me again. 59 yrs. old and waiting for some miracle procedure to be discovered for chin dents (below sides of mouth) and skin beginning to sag under the chin without the use of needles or stitches. Or, I need to accept the fact I'm aging and learn to live with it.................NEVER!
Can you tell me who your injector was? I recently had a horrible experience with a plastic surgeon and so I am trying to pick someone else but it's hard to know. I wish they would put reviews on their websites.
are you any better yet
I had radiesse injections 10 days ago. The pain was traumatic. Please tell your Dr. if you are prone to cold sores. I was given meds for the cold sores but I still got them. Also, the Dr. was not able to deaden the treated areas completely. The bruising has finally subsided and the folds from my nose to my mouth look better but the chin "dents" on either side of the lower mouth did not improve much. I have been left with 2 lumps on either side of the lower mouth above the chin dents and it makes me look very strange. My smile has been effected. I came on this website hoping to find a solution for dissolving the lumps. Evidently there is not one but if anyone learns of a solution please post it here. We leave for Europe next weekend and I'm just devastated. It was very irresponsible of me to have this treatment before a vacation. I have another vial paid for but I will NOT subject myself to this torture again. The old adage, "It's not nice to fool Mother Nature" could not be truer under these circumstances.