It causes lumps and bad bruising - Don't Do It! - New York, NY

Because of all the bad Radiesse reviews, I wanted...

Because of all the bad Radiesse reviews, I wanted Restylane to fill my tear troughs (under-eye hollows). My doctor talked me out of Restylane because it supposedly has bad side effects and wouldn’t last that long. I explained to him that I’ve read a bunch of reviews on Radiesse and it causes lumps and bad bruising. He told me that these complications are highly unlikely and insured that this will not happen. So I went ahead and had 1cc of Radiesse injected into both eyes. Here I am, 2 days later with a swelled up knot under my right eye and a massive headache. My left eye is normal and there’s is not much of a difference than before. I don’t know why I decided to go against my instinct and trust a doctor that is only out to make money. All I know is I have deep regret for this decision and am very very scared.

Judging by what others have said about Radiesse, this seems like this might last a long time I hope this goes down soon!!!

I also had radiesse under my eyes ( and in my lips and nasal labial folds, hat the lumps there too), over 3 weeks ago, and now the swelling and brusing is gone from my eyes, but... I am left with a huge lump under my right eye and a smaller lump under my left eye. Both eyes are still red like a slight rash where the radiesse is and I look 15 years older. I have been told my only option is to wait. I am desperate for a way to fix it, if you hear of any fixes please let me know. I feel your pain and I hope you dont look as bad as I do. Good luck Bobbi

Because of all the bad Radiesse reviews, I wanted...

Because of all the bad Radiesse reviews, I wanted Restylane to fill my tear troughs (under-eye hollows). My doctor talked me out of Restylane because it supposedly has bad side effects and wouldn’t last that long.  I explained to him that I’ve read a bunch of reviews on Radiesse and it causes lumps and bad bruising.   He told me that these complications are highly unlikely and insured that this will not happen.  So I went ahead and had 1cc of Radiesse injected into both eyes.  Here I am, 2 days later with a swelled up knot under my right eye and a massive headache.  My left eye is normal and there’s is not much of a difference than before.  I don’t know why I decided to go against my instinct and trust a doctor that is only out to make money. All I know is I have deep regret for this decision and am very very scared.

Judging by what others have said about Radiesse, this seems like this might last a long time.  I just hope this goes down soon!!!

Radiesse did wonders to my mother, everybody thought she had a face lift. The brusing was bad, but it was gone in 2 weeks and was worth the result!

{edited} in Albuquerque injected Radiesse into the marionette chin folds on two ocassions a few weeks apart and there was no significant change. It was a little painful and there were bruises that lasted for days. The folds remain and I am out over $725.

Editor note: If you would like to review your experience with a particular provider or clinic, please write your treatment review and enter the provider or clinic name in the field provided.

Okay...after almost 3 weeks, the swelling under my...

Okay...after almost 3 weeks, the swelling under my eye is completely gone and my eyes are back to normal.  The hollows under my eyes are gone too, but the dark circles are still there.  I was expecting for the dark discoloration to go away , but I am not completely dissatisfied.   Makeup does help a lot.

I’m more satisfied with results now than I was when I first had it done.   The doctor really does know what he's doing and I feel bad for not giving him the benefit of the doubt. I don’t think I’d recommend the procedure to anyone because of the emotional rollercoaster it puts you on, but I’m not totally against it.   I'm thinking of going back in the near future.  We'll see...

Hey Ladies, go back a page or two and read a few of my posts I have like 5 or 6. Know your PAIN and feel for you! I am on month 5 almost and still have the ONE (thnk god only one) swollen puffy red eye and yes it does make you look older then when you went in. Its not permanent damge,just a constant itchy red bag under my eye, I have been to other dtrs and my advice to you all is just leave it alone and let time do its work, I know it SUCKS! Every mronign I wake up thinking Ihope its gone!!! I have been dealing since January funny thing is it is NOT there in the Morning, I wake up looking great! With in an hour its there. I have noticed crying makes it worse so does any of my old eye creams and face lotions, its plain unscented lubiderm for me until this dissapears. go back and read some of my posts on page 2 or 3. The Dtrs who are doing this are WRONG!!! it is not for under eyes!!!! Lori
Hi Are you still experiencing a red bag under you eye. I want to know how much long my redness and lumpyness undermy eyes will last thanks
I still have bulging bags under both eyes...it has been 10 months, I was on oral steroids(for 7 months), prescribed my the injecting dr. until my family dr. found out and took me off of them, saying that was way too long to be on them. I now have really bad wrinkles to go along with the bags... I think the wrinkles are from months of swelling of the delicate under eye tissue. The swelling is better but still very obvious and depressing. I am just beside myself as to what to do. I seriously look 10 years older. I have seen a dermatologist and he said that radiesse can last up to 3 years and that it is now calcified and I will have swelling untill the radiesse goes away. I have tried many creams and compresses... Any advise would be great. Good luck to anyone with bad radiesse results.