Don't Do It!

Because of all the bad Radiesse reviews, I wanted...

Because of all the bad Radiesse reviews, I wanted Restylane to fill my tear troughs (under-eye hollows). My doctor talked me out of Restylane because it supposedly has bad side effects and wouldn’t last that long. I explained to him that I’ve read a bunch of reviews on Radiesse and it causes lumps and bad bruising. He told me that these complications are highly unlikely and insured that this will not happen. So I went ahead and had 1cc of Radiesse injected into both eyes. Here I am, 2 days later with a swelled up knot under my right eye and a massive headache. My left eye is normal and there’s is not much of a difference than before. I don’t know why I decided to go against my instinct and trust a doctor that is only out to make money. All I know is I have deep regret for this decision and am very very scared.

Judging by what others have said about Radiesse, this seems like this might last a long time I hope this goes down soon!!!

Because of all the bad Radiesse reviews, I wanted...

Because of all the bad Radiesse reviews, I wanted Restylane to fill my tear troughs (under-eye hollows). My doctor talked me out of Restylane because it supposedly has bad side effects and wouldn’t last that long.  I explained to him that I’ve read a bunch of reviews on Radiesse and it causes lumps and bad bruising.   He told me that these complications are highly unlikely and insured that this will not happen.  So I went ahead and had 1cc of Radiesse injected into both eyes.  Here I am, 2 days later with a swelled up knot under my right eye and a massive headache.  My left eye is normal and there’s is not much of a difference than before.  I don’t know why I decided to go against my instinct and trust a doctor that is only out to make money. All I know is I have deep regret for this decision and am very very scared.

Judging by what others have said about Radiesse, this seems like this might last a long time.  I just hope this goes down soon!!!

Okay...after almost 3 weeks, the swelling under my...

Okay...after almost 3 weeks, the swelling under my eye is completely gone and my eyes are back to normal.  The hollows under my eyes are gone too, but the dark circles are still there.  I was expecting for the dark discoloration to go away , but I am not completely dissatisfied.   Makeup does help a lot.

I’m more satisfied with results now than I was when I first had it done.   The doctor really does know what he's doing and I feel bad for not giving him the benefit of the doubt. I don’t think I’d recommend the procedure to anyone because of the emotional rollercoaster it puts you on, but I’m not totally against it.   I'm thinking of going back in the near future.  We'll see...

Hey Ladies, go back a page or two and read a few of my posts I have like 5 or 6. Know your PAIN and feel for you! I am on month 5 almost and still have the ONE (thnk god only one) swollen puffy red eye and yes it does make you look older then when you went in. Its not permanent damge,just a constant itchy red bag under my eye, I have been to other dtrs and my advice to you all is just leave it alone and let time do its work, I know it SUCKS! Every mronign I wake up thinking Ihope its gone!!! I have been dealing since January funny thing is it is NOT there in the Morning, I wake up looking great! With in an hour its there. I have noticed crying makes it worse so does any of my old eye creams and face lotions, its plain unscented lubiderm for me until this dissapears. go back and read some of my posts on page 2 or 3. The Dtrs who are doing this are WRONG!!! it is not for under eyes!!!! Lori
Hi Are you still experiencing a red bag under you eye. I want to know how much long my redness and lumpyness undermy eyes will last thanks
I still have bulging bags under both eyes...it has been 10 months, I was on oral steroids(for 7 months), prescribed my the injecting dr. until my family dr. found out and took me off of them, saying that was way too long to be on them. I now have really bad wrinkles to go along with the bags... I think the wrinkles are from months of swelling of the delicate under eye tissue. The swelling is better but still very obvious and depressing. I am just beside myself as to what to do. I seriously look 10 years older. I have seen a dermatologist and he said that radiesse can last up to 3 years and that it is now calcified and I will have swelling untill the radiesse goes away. I have tried many creams and compresses... Any advise would be great. Good luck to anyone with bad radiesse results.
Thank you Seroma. I told my doctor I didn't want any injections any where on my face.
I have had red lumpy Radiesse circles under my eyes now since my Dr injected it on Dec 15th 2008. I too did not ask for it under my eyes rather, I wanted it for my cheelbones. I was quite specific but somehow he stuck it in my tear troughs before I could stop him. It has caused me to look 10 or 15 years older when before I had the red lumpy Radiesse circles I passed for 10 years younger than my true age. Considering my husband is 12 years my junior it is quite distressing. I did call the company and no rep ev r came out or offered any help. My Dr has tried treating it with a saline injection and IPL laser as well has Pixel laser and nothing is helping it. It has destroyed the integrity of the skin and made my under eye skin crinkly and hard and red! I have had it now for 5 months. Has the lumps and bruising disappeared from any other poor souls who had Radiesse lumps?
I had Radiesse 6 weeks ago under my eyes and it has been a nightmare. I have a sausage looking lump under one eye and whitle lumps under the other. Any suggestions or ideas on how long this mess will last? Seroma, do you know how many syringes your doctor used?
No problem,like I said as Women we all want to look better, but when you wind up looking worse from a procedure? Then you need to investigate. I am very impulsive THIS has finally taught me not to be. Not saying I wont mess around again with procedures but not for a while and I will never just jump into anything. Every day I wake up hoping my eye is back to normal and it is not. It will go away but it will be months yet. I used a similar posting after having neck surgery 6 years ago and found tons of helpful poeple, I was so scared (herniated discs) I am fine and my life was back to normal quicker then this 2 mintue eye procedure (9 hr neck surgery) everyone was so helpful and kind that is why I stay on here and try to share my story and help others make a good decision.
Good Call! Hey I am as vain as any other women, im 45 I have good skin I look alot younger but when a Dtr is in front of you telling you you can look EVEN BETTER and whether you realize or not you do have some bags or sunken look under your eyse, ya do go why not? I DID and I SHOULD NOT HAVE! This is where vanity will get you! I am all for looking better by injection or surgery but I now realize the importance of investigation and sites like these. Sure your Dr will tell you not to read the horror stories on here, but they are real stories, I know some people do get good results under the eye with this but very few. My left eye does look fantastic but the right eye is such a disaster I will never get to know how good I WOULD have looked had this been the safe and proper filler for this area. The skin is too thin under eyes for this. I know eventually it willgo away but its going to be a while, I am 3 months in, and still look like I have a shiner I am a barmaid and it has been very hard to cover up I have missed a few shifts and money, after all my face is the first thing a customer sees! I will save my money and get an eye lift when I am 50 if I need it. I will stay with my Botox for now and be happy with what I have here, this was NOT WORTH IT!!!
Thank you Lori A. In January this year, I had some fat removed from under my eyes through the inside of my eyes. He used a needle I guess to extract some fat from under both of my eyes. I was in and out of it when this was done. I was given a local, but I don't remember much. When I went to see him last week, I told him I think he should have removed more fat because I still have a little puffiness especially when I get up in the morning. He said I need radiesse injected in my checks so my checks would blend with under my eyes. He said he was afraid to remove more fat as I might get a sunken look under my eyes. I told him I would think about it. Now after reading all the bad things, I would rather use eye cream to get rid of the puffiness then risk the injections. I don't want to insist that he remove more fat, I don't want the sunken look either. Again, thank you so much for sharing your story with me.
Hey There, I did not go in for any cheeks or nose line since I dont have them I just went in for my Botox and these crazy Dtrs just shot me up with Radiese under my eyes. (I did say OK) My one eye looks great but 3 months in and the other eye is still a big problem as I stated in previous posts: puffy red yellow every day it is different sometimes it goes away and I love it, but it comes back with in a day or two. I do know this filler is highly recommended and get lots of good results when inject where it is SUPPOSSED to be and that is NOT under the eyes. Anyone on here that has read all our UNDER EYE horror stories would be crazy to even think about it, as far as the folds by the motuh I have herd good results but again I really dont have bad skin for 45 just the fine lines on my head which I have been getting Botox for and love. PLEASE dont put this stuff under your eyes, I dont care how much you spend or how highly recommended the Dtr it is NOT FOR UNDER EYES!!! If I had seen this web site before hand I would have known but it was not even something I thought about, like I said these Dtrs just bambozzled me when I went for my Botox This week my eye looked great for 3 days I thought I was on the mend I Cried (again) for a half hour on Friday and I am back to the swollen distorted under eye and not leaving the house!!! It is SO NOT WORTH IT!!!! I do think some swelling for a week or two is very normal so dont freak yet, just beware.
I am telling my doctor I DO NOT want radiesse injected in my cheeks under my eyes. I have read enough horror stories about the bad things that have happened. Thank you for your honest opinions. I truly appreciate it.
Hey guys! I just got radiese yesterday..on my smile lines...and it has my right side,of my cheek..looks as if It had too much put in...and now my nose,on one side looks open ,more wide..and swollen...= ( It looks non symmetrical with the left side of my face...sad..I know this only one day after,but I am not happy..the lines looks like they have gone down,but my right side looks fatter(my nostril looks wider/open)..which sucks...I HOPE THIS GOES AWAY SOON..It is not horrendous,but it is noticeble..has anyone had this happen? If so,when did it go away...? Im scared man!!
I had a little puffiness under my eyes so my plastic surgeon removed some fat through the inside of my eyes. It looks better, but I still have a little puffiness under my left eye. I saw him yesterday and he said he doesn't want to remove more fat as I might end up with sunken eyes. He suggested radiesse be injected in my checkbone on each side under my eyes to raise the checkbone area and thus the puffiness would be much less noticeable. I am reading here all the probles that radiesse can cause, I'm thinking I will live with the slight puffiness. When I use an eye cream for this, it does help a lot. So maybe I should just forget about the radiesse. Did anyone ever get an injection in the check bone under each eye for this problem? What kind of result did they get? Thanks so much for any comment.
Hey All! Its a week since I went for the second opinion and my eye is still not great, its still redish and yellow, but not as puffy. CRYING will make it worse just thought I would pass that on, I had an emtional week-end and cried a bit, the eye swelled up just like it was 2 months ago and looked very bad I did not leave the house for two days. Now it is just back to the bruised look, so try not to cry to much it sems to make it worse AND ice defeintly makes it worse!! Its almost month 3 for me, I am thnkful it is only the one eye and like the others on here say, make sure you have lots of concealer becasue thia looks like its going to last for a while yet!
Hello! Thanks for the reply! I went for a second opinion today from a Dermatologist I have seen in the past,, She told me to relax, it will go away and when it does I will be happy with the results, she personally would not do the eye area but said it is an excellent product and that it rebuilds your collagen so when the filler wears off you have rebuilt some collagen lost due to age. She told me this is just like a post surgery bruising it is vascular something to do with the blood vessels, and that it does take awhile once this happens, I am two month in she said I should be Ok in about 5 weeks. She said the reason it gets worse is becasue I keep touching it an pushing on it I am just brusing it more, it looks good in the Morning because of laying down and worse as the day goes on due to activity. In my case it is not a build up that needs to be removed or an infection or even an allergy, she said that Radiese is very serous about their product and if I call their 800 number they will send a Nurse to my home (or anyone who has had this) to evaluate you and take pictures, what ever they need to do, they back up their product and do not want law suits on their hands. There are cases as some we have read on here where it is a big disater with complications, and that DOES have alot to do with the Dtr. (whom I have cursed out a few times to myself, but really I shouldnt) but she told me in my case it is just the way my body is healing the fact that I am thin ( I am 5ft1 and 100lbs) and so is my face so I have brusined harder and easier then other individuals. I am going to keep with the Anit-inflammatories becasue they have worked better then anything, stop, touching it and just wait it out, today it is barely there, but who knows tommorow? I will leave updates here and there for other poor souls like myslef who are going through this, it is very scary and I will NOT do it again no matter how great it looks in the end, I wont inject ANYTHING under my eye for many many years to come. I am fine with my Botox, I have learned now there is a price for vanity sometimes and it is not worth it, I did not look horrible to start with.
lauri A ,,,I feel your pain. I cant beleive doctors are still doing this to people,anyone who knows what they are doing knows that this stuff is not intended for under the eyes. I had restalyn in the past in that area, It works fine but does not last very long.. But i am told it is the best for the delicate eye area..as for the swelling going down...it started to get better after month four,i pushed and rubbed on it with heat packs every night and now its almost better completly..so just try to be patient i know its frustrating but it will disolve eventually,,good luck
Hello Gabglow, how long till you got to the last month??? the I am on week 8 and it is still there! Right eye only (left looks excellent) I am very very sorry I got this and would not reccommend it it is a frustrating nightmare, every day I wake up thinking its gone and then in minutes it swells up turns red then yellow goes from worse to worse by the end of the day it starts to lok better.I recently tried taking some Celbrex my Husband had from a sprained hand , it has worked a bit, the swelling has gone down but it is still very red and looks like I have been punched. Tommorow I am seeing a Dermatolgist, the Dtr who injected me told me she can no longer treat me with steriods and I need to investigate? HA! She knows exactly why this happended, this is not for eyes, these Dtrs are playing around! sometimes with good results but not in this case. I would never put anything under my eyes again, Botox is wonderful and I will continue with that as I have done for 4 years, I will not try anything else on my face, it was not in need of what they did, all I went for was my my 6 month Botox, I never even considered my eyes, they looked fine, they bamboozled me into it.
i had the same thing happen to me five monthes ago..Radiesse under both eys...one eye worse then the other..I also had steriod injections to help with swelling,,it also only helped for a day then swollen again..The only thing that helped me was time,and try to sleep on your back with your head elevated,,Only in the last month has it faded enough to not be so noticable. I applied heat and pressure only at night and slept with head elevated so extra fluid would not get trapped..well good luck and remember it will disovle eventually..ps i was told restalyn is sopposed to be the sfest product for that area
yeah, my doctor put radiesse in my smile lines, then tried to get it my nasal folds, and stuck so much in one side that I look like a chipmunk.I can't stand it, I have been pushing the stuff down as hard as I can, hurting my face! trying to mold it somewhere, else. I heard it bonds with your cells and then stays there and it may be hard for mr to push it somewhere else in my face
I'm happy you healed bc our eyes are too precious.
Ok Im back with some assuring news, I have to admit, I was scared as "Hell" in the beginning but once the swelling went down and the finger prints from the doctor faded, there was some relief. It took 7 full days for the swelling to go down. And after re-visiting my doctor, my appearance had improved. Now as far as the feeling of the radiesse, I can feel it a little as it has soften like the Dr. mentioned. In addition, my frown lines has improved. Will I get it again?, maybe (If the price drops). But for now, I will work on getting proper sleep, drinking more water and focus on toning my entire body so, I won't have to run to another cosmetic dermotologist. I hope this help'd and I'm sorri for those who had bad exsperiences.
I had radiesse injected July 31, 2008 in nasal labial folds, corners of my mouth and to fill a small scar on my face, the doctor said I paid for the whole tube and asked if I wanted the rest put under my eyes that it would just cover my slight dark circles... so i said yes I guess so. The worst mistake of my life. I still have a huge red lump under my right eye and a smaller red lump under my left eye, the doctor said I had a very rare allergic reaction and had me on steriods for a month and they did help with the swelling(did not reduce the radiesse just the reaction swelling) but as soon as I went off them the swelling returned and I look 15 years older and I am so depressed. I hate looking at myself and I hate all the make up I have to wear. I hide from family and friends. Last week he injected hyalauronic(sp) acid under my right eye... did nothing. Oh and the radiesse in all the other places is gone... it seems like it did nothing except stay where I never wanted it in the first place. Please someone help me, there has got to be something or someone who can do something or tell mw how to get rid of radiesse... this has ruined my life and I dont know how much longer I can take this
I had Radiesse inject in my smiling folds yesterday. The doctor assure me it was worth it. Well the bruising was minimum, so no complaints there, so far. But I am very scared bc one side of my face look natural and the otherside look as thou she put too much. On top of that, I can still feel the lump in my skin. Each time i think about the cost and all, I feel I should have not touched my face. Can anything be done. And yes!, I did call the doctor because "Hell!" will break lose, if she don't fix it. Don't use this product!!!!!!!!!!!
I had the same experience, I had reaiesse put into my cheeks, and after I stopped getting them, it left me sunken, hallow, and there is a bluish dark color that hasn't gone away in one year! this has been devestating emotionally, and financially. Don't use the product.If you know of anything that can get rid of or cover the blue discoloration please let me know. Melly
I just had it done yesterday.I have mild selling and bruising.But my frown~smile lines are GONE and my acne scars have almost disappeared!!