Not for me

I had radiesse in folds near nose and at tops of...

I had radiesse in folds near nose and at tops of cheeks to fill out hollow eyes-maybe allergic but had HUGE selling requiring temp steroids and antibiotics and then one side came up again 3 weeks later-had to do it all over BUT THE WORST is that I developed a semi-circle of raised red lines under both eyes, like someone pressed a coffee cup under them and held it the red finally went away but ONE YEAR later, I still have brown lines at the tops of my cheeks that cannot be completely covered, even with dermablend- my new doc, a top notch guy and others I saw do not know what to do-he said pixel laser MAY help-company blamed doc of course but discoloration IS listed in small print as a side effect...I know one other woman who also swelled and required meds but I am writing to advise to test first-now I am looking at laser which may or may not help and more$$ If ANYONE else experienced discoloration or has ideas on how to repair my skin, please write and share! thanks all-be cautious and do homework first...

I no longer believe the radiesse CAUSED the...

I no longer believe the radiesse CAUSED the discoloration and semi-circles. I was obviously allergic to this-others may be fine with it. The darkening actually began after a thread lift where threads were inserted across the cheek-so radiesse may have aggravated it, but the threads were the underlying cause. The radiesse is gone and the allergic swelling-but the brown lines remain-I believe because of the threads

Radiesse apparently works well for many- I...

Radiesse apparently works well for many- I obviously am allergic to it which is not common but does happen. I am happy with restlyane or juvederm as they can be reversed if needed,with a simple injection (not so for Radiesse)-so far no problems with either of these..guess it's individual preference..if you are not allergic! (can always insist DR do a test injection somewhere where it won't show to see if you are set on Radiesse-wish I had!).

Hi benda, have the same awful problem .. Can you tell me what exactly they used to make the lump smooth and small ? Thsnks
Hi Megan, it took almost 2 years to be unnoticible with makeup and I still have a very small while bump in the area (no one notices it except me). I received steroid injections for 6 months and they helped tremendously. It will just take time...in sorry this happened to you! But it has taught me to choose my doctors carefully and spend a little more for quality and safety. I hope you improve soon!
Hi, thsnks for writing back . The doctor I went was the chief of plastic surgeons of a very well known hospital . After he did this to me I've heard and read that he should've not injected under my eyes. He didn't do anything to fix it and I've heard there is nothing to do! As far as steroid injection I've heard from other doctors could cause problems cuz it's right under my eye and to close to my eye. One doctor said he'll do it after 4 months and it had been two months now. Was yours right under your eye? Sorry to take your time I'm trying to do it right this time and get enough info about the steroid injection do it doesn't create other problems . Thanks
No worries. The large bump was sticking out and right under my eye. I lied to people and co-workers (that were rude enough to ask what happened) and I told them it was an enlarged/somehow infected calcium deposit. The bump was also very white right under the skin. Ugh! It was so ugly so I totally understand what you are going through. Dr Benjamin Baccichus did the injection under my eye 2 weeks after it happened and each time it got better. My face is "my thing" so it also helped to have his encouragement and support during that time as I was devastated. Call around and get some referrals from your general physician and trusted friends and I'm sure you will find the right doctor to help you. :-)
Thank you so much for righting back !!! Same here .. I lie to everyone :-(( I look like awful with a huge bump under my eye. I'll go and get the steroid injection for sure. I've heard the steroid injection it could creat eye cataract . Did they told you that? I'm in south Florida ... Wish your doctor was here :-(((
Hi Brenda . I been having severe pain in my right side f the face for almost 6 months very hard to deal is constant nothing helps . Tried every possible Meds out there but nothing is slowing the pain down actually each day is getting worse . Steroid injection terrified to use but I have found a dr that is willing to cut out and remove from my face this terrible product but at the same time so scared sad that I have to go through this torture I wish I had done some research I hate it so much it has ruined my life .
Hi Wishineverdidit I'm sorry to hear that..same here...On my left side a huge bump and a preasure..have not done the steroid injection but might try it now that i hear it helped brenda. Have you tried it? I was told not to do surgery cuz might cause more issues. I also I wish I had done some research , I know how you feel..II hate it so much too, I look ugly and feel awful, hate to think about being like this for two years!!!!!!!!!
Megan would like to tell u this Iam 34 and I have accepted that this has ruined my entire life . It has deatached me from entire world . Someone may be stronger but I'm not as the pain I have 24 /7 swelling burning is just so hard to handle I have become numb suffering quitly as I have no more voice to ask for help . I will cut it of and I know it will be torture to my everything but I chose not to live with this pain as well . 6 months seems to me like 60 years in pain . Most painful thing is I have two boys and family see everything is hard. Wish u Hun u get better . Don't have much comforting words
have you tried injecting things like sterioed? I read here that can help
No I haven't yet but will just rather go with removing it I don't want to have it in my face . I'm hoping is not tinge nerve that has been severed but for what I was told it could be that and there is a way to find out . So will do that very hard I'm being tortured each Nd every day with pain but emotionally to is just as hard . I didn't even have it close to my eyes and I can feel it there it has migrated . Thank u for your reply
I know how you feel :-( I got really upset .,they shoud not even use this products . I was upset with the doctor and he said there is nothing he can do :-( charged me full priced and didn't return my money . When are you taking it out? Let me know how it goes . I hope this be the end of this issue
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Hi Neuro1, no I have not seen your post and photos, where are they?I agree, there should be a class action suit indeed. Too much issue and problems going on. Have you inject anything such as sterioed? I'm considering to do that
I had a awful reaction as well... I had tadiess inject it in my cheeks before and result was awesome but this tine was injected under my eyes and had a bad result . It have been 3 months and still swellon and red .didnt inject steroid cuz afraid other bad stuff happen . After It happened to me I start reading about it and it's clearly not for under eyes and the doctor which is known to be a great plastic surgeon should've not done this :-((
How long did this last for you?
Almost 3 painful and expensive years. I had an immune reaction not an allergy. Although they are similar in appearance they are not the same. Mine was life threatening because I couldn't breathe.
Thank you.
Wow !!! The lump and the redness stayed for 3 years ? With injecting the steroid ? I've told if I inject steroid the lump get smaller ... Wasn't yours like that ?
Go to the federal FDA website and query how many Medwatch 3500 reports have been filed about adverse events from Radiesse. There are enough to launch a class actions suit and get this product removed from the market. The adverse events are very serious not just cosmetic.
No, it's not just you. If you read up on the ingredient, it is used in dental implants and has caused some nerve chemical burns.
How is it used with dental implants?? Curios because I have one. I had perlane injected into cheek area and am pleased but do have a bruise where doc probably hit a vein. I'm taking arnica; does bromelain help after the fact too or not? I only had 1 syringe but dr said I really needed to for full correction. Have another appt in 2 weeks; I did not want to look overdone! Thanks everyone for being here. :).
I was going to have an injection this coming Friday but I'm not so sure now. All this scares me. I had restyline in the area from nose to mouth about 5 yrs ago and it did nothing except cost me money and excessive bruising Maybe I should save my money, suck it up and accept the fact I'm an old folk now.
I just had radiesse injections & I wish I hadn't:( I got a skin infection in the nose area & a small lump on lower left laugh line area. It's only the 3rd day so I've been massaging the small lump & cleaning the infected area in the crease of my nose & putting neosporin several times a day, which it's beginning to heal....very painful though. I never experienced this from Restylane, in that its a HA filler & injected by a very tiny needle. Whereas radiesse is very thick & requires a bigger needle. The results in my cheeks are beautiful but I will never go through this again. I went with Radiesse because it lasts longer than Restylane & so I would be saving $$ in the long run. However I will too suck it up with the fact that I'm getting old! C'est la vie! So not worth this pain & possibly a scar from this skin infection. I'm just thankful it occurred in crease of side of my nose & not on my cheeks! I learned my lesson:(( I understand now why not too many plastic surgeons inject Radiesse.
Radisse very good!
I had a brown area under my eye following tear duct surgery. (I had actually been stained by my own blood.) No concealer could cover it. I had excellent results with the laser that is used to remove tattoos. I can't remember the cost--but it was not too high.