Not for me

I had radiesse in folds near nose and at tops of...

I had radiesse in folds near nose and at tops of cheeks to fill out hollow eyes-maybe allergic but had HUGE selling requiring temp steroids and antibiotics and then one side came up again 3 weeks later-had to do it all over BUT THE WORST is that I developed a semi-circle of raised red lines under both eyes, like someone pressed a coffee cup under them and held it the red finally went away but ONE YEAR later, I still have brown lines at the tops of my cheeks that cannot be completely covered, even with dermablend- my new doc, a top notch guy and others I saw do not know what to do-he said pixel laser MAY help-company blamed doc of course but discoloration IS listed in small print as a side effect...I know one other woman who also swelled and required meds but I am writing to advise to test first-now I am looking at laser which may or may not help and more$$ If ANYONE else experienced discoloration or has ideas on how to repair my skin, please write and share! thanks all-be cautious and do homework first...

I no longer believe the radiesse CAUSED the...

I no longer believe the radiesse CAUSED the discoloration and semi-circles. I was obviously allergic to this-others may be fine with it. The darkening actually began after a thread lift where threads were inserted across the cheek-so radiesse may have aggravated it, but the threads were the underlying cause. The radiesse is gone and the allergic swelling-but the brown lines remain-I believe because of the threads

Radiesse apparently works well for many- I...

Radiesse apparently works well for many- I obviously am allergic to it which is not common but does happen. I am happy with restlyane or juvederm as they can be reversed if needed,with a simple injection (not so for Radiesse)-so far no problems with either of these..guess it's individual preference..if you are not allergic! (can always insist DR do a test injection somewhere where it won't show to see if you are set on Radiesse-wish I had!).

How long did this last for you?
Almost 3 painful and expensive years. I had an immune reaction not an allergy. Although they are similar in appearance they are not the same. Mine was life threatening because I couldn't breathe.
Thank you.
Go to the federal FDA website and query how many Medwatch 3500 reports have been filed about adverse events from Radiesse. There are enough to launch a class actions suit and get this product removed from the market. The adverse events are very serious not just cosmetic.
No, it's not just you. If you read up on the ingredient, it is used in dental implants and has caused some nerve chemical burns.
How is it used with dental implants?? Curios because I have one. I had perlane injected into cheek area and am pleased but do have a bruise where doc probably hit a vein. I'm taking arnica; does bromelain help after the fact too or not? I only had 1 syringe but dr said I really needed to for full correction. Have another appt in 2 weeks; I did not want to look overdone! Thanks everyone for being here. :).
I was going to have an injection this coming Friday but I'm not so sure now. All this scares me. I had restyline in the area from nose to mouth about 5 yrs ago and it did nothing except cost me money and excessive bruising Maybe I should save my money, suck it up and accept the fact I'm an old folk now.
I just had radiesse injections & I wish I hadn't:( I got a skin infection in the nose area & a small lump on lower left laugh line area. It's only the 3rd day so I've been massaging the small lump & cleaning the infected area in the crease of my nose & putting neosporin several times a day, which it's beginning to heal....very painful though. I never experienced this from Restylane, in that its a HA filler & injected by a very tiny needle. Whereas radiesse is very thick & requires a bigger needle. The results in my cheeks are beautiful but I will never go through this again. I went with Radiesse because it lasts longer than Restylane & so I would be saving $$ in the long run. However I will too suck it up with the fact that I'm getting old! C'est la vie! So not worth this pain & possibly a scar from this skin infection. I'm just thankful it occurred in crease of side of my nose & not on my cheeks! I learned my lesson:(( I understand now why not too many plastic surgeons inject Radiesse.
Radisse very good!
I had a brown area under my eye following tear duct surgery. (I had actually been stained by my own blood.) No concealer could cover it. I had excellent results with the laser that is used to remove tattoos. I can't remember the cost--but it was not too high.
I am in Chicago too! Do you remember which kind of laser? There are very many and some way more invasive than others...thanks for posting!
My dermatologist used a Q-switch laser at the lowest setting. This is the same laser used to remove tattoos. The stained pigment rose to my skin's surface and then flaked off over a few days. Only one treatment was needed in my case. Excellent results, not painful, relatively inexpensive. An even better idea is preventative. A VBeam laser will eliminate the bruises much more rapidly, preventing "permanent" staining to take place. I wish more doctors were aware of this.
I want to get the vbeam to get rid of this bruise, (hit a blood vessel probably). She's a good derm I wonder why she didn't mention it. I guess I should call her first? Maybe because she knew I was on a budget? I like the way the filler looks; am considering getting that second syringe she recommended to get full correction. I guess she hopes to proportion the hollowed areas of cheeks from this thing called aging. :-). I was chicken to get too much at one time!
The doctor should have never injected you before doing a allergy test.
I told him that I suffer from several drug allergies along with environmental allergies. He never suggested an allergy test. He said radiesse was a natural product, made from natural elements which our own body produces. I am just concerned that once I stop the claritin, my eyes will go back to being puffy and deformed.
I too had radiesse injections for my cheeks. I went to a board certified facial plastic surgeon and specified my desire to have fullness restored to my cheeks just below my tear trough area. One side seems/looks fine. The other side has a sunken spot in the tear trough and is a reddish color. There was no volume restored in my cheeks except a little on the upper side, which makes the rest of my cheek look even more deflated. It's been almost 3 weeks and I am scheduled for a follow up in a week. I personally think this was a mistake and feel terrible about the way I look. It also is more expensive than I can afford and I feel awful about the waste of money. Now, I am reading so much about how the radiesse should not be used in the under eye region at all and my Doctor did inject it there. I don't understand how these supposed "expert" and certified doctors are making such dangerous mistakes???
Thank you for sharing this and I am so sorry to read and see your poor outcome with this product. I hope it has improved for you since you last wrote. I think it is a good sign that time is healing your eyes and that the redness is gone. Hopefully the brown line will fade. I am skeptical overall of any product injected directly under the eyes. I know someone personally who had Restylin and had the same "coffee cup" pressed eyes as well. Eyes are very sensitive. I had another product injected on my cheekbones with a similar outcome but that skin is not as tender as direcly under the eyes and it has faded and covered with make up more easily. You are a pretty girl and hopefully you will get through this with this, heal your skin and help others by sharing your experience.
I had radiesse in July. All of the above have happened to me. I went to a well respected dr. They are doing everything they can to help me. I have been on steriods, they have injected other filler to try and smooth out, we are now trying a massage method. I was scheduled to have it surgery this week until they decided to try the massage mathod. I have been going to the dr twice a week since July. I have to have ice on my eyes several times a day and take arnica, etc. I have a 1 year old and do not have time for all of this. It has made me depressed and I just want a solution! Has anybody contacted the company about this? OR contacted a lawyer?
Hi Marijowin, can you tell me if the brown lines are gone and if your face has completely healed? I had a similar experience and 5 months later I am better but wanted to see how long it took for the product to completely dissolve? Thank you.
To anyone who lives in South East- Michigan I will provide the name of my incompetant plastic surgeon so everyone knows who to avoid!
I hope you sue! I don't believe this crap I am reading up here! Am having my own probs with juvederm injections, bruising and swelling.....doc has said she will do anything neessary at her cost to make me happy. what would make me happy is to get rid of this stuff and just be me....and sue her for incompetence! They think we are all money pits!
Hi Abby Dawn, I went back to the doctor and received another steroid injection. The doctor has reduced the lump almost completely. You can no longer even call it a lump, the radiesse is a smooth line and a tiny white spot remains. I'm so pleased with the doctor's repair. The results are amazing! The entire Radiesse experience has been a nightmare. It is so important to choose the right filler and the right doctor! I won't make the Radiesse mistake again!
Let me know how tha saline injection works...thanks!
After my Radiesse injection under my eye caused a lump and the doctor that injected it couldn't help me solve the problem, I went to a plastic surgeon in Dallas. He gave me an injection of Vitrase. While this will not dissolve the Radiesse it did smooth the product and softened the lump. It feels better and is less white than before. My next visit he will try to break up the lump with a saline soution then he could add a little filler to the other side of my face and even up the appearance of the lump. My eye is much improved. At least now I can look people in the face. I will never use Radiesse again. Any money that I would have saved on this long term filler will be spent on correcting the lump under my eye.
I had a similar experience with Radiance. 5 weeks ago I had it injected under my eyes. One eye is swollen like a bag and the other has 2 lines, similar to yours, but white. Has your issue ever resolved? If so pleasee tel me how..I have been miserable everyday...