Hi everyone ! I just turned 40 & a mom of 3...

Hi everyone ! I just turned 40 & a mom of 3 -(23,4&1) I lost 70 lbs about 8 yrs ago & kept it off after 2 more babies . So this is my gift to me! I have lots of lose flabby skin & diastasis recti. I eat right & workout
but it's not enough. I'm very excited & anxious to get this done ! But of course a little nervous!!! I have help after surgery with my kids , but Im hoping I will be able to care for them myself after 2 -3 weeks!?I feel very comfortable with my surgeon selection this time. In 2009 I had a breast lift with augmentation & went with a cheaper surgeon. I wasn't happy with my results , ended up with an infection / removal /replacement on the left side ! This time I went with the surgeon who I felt most comfortable with & got recommendations.
Good luck and looking forward to your updates x
Good luck.. Will be checking for your updates
Thanks!

Before pic

Here is a before pic standing up. I'm 5 ft 2 & 120 lbs. I cant wait to feel like the girl who lost 70lbs 8 yrs ago and kept it off after 2 more babies! 15 more days!
Good luck, your going to look great!!!
Your results are going to be fabulous!
Congrats on the weight loss! You go in 1 day after me. We don't have long. Best wishes!!

Negative comments??Anyone else deal with this?

So I have only told a few friends & family members about my upcoming surgery. Part of the reason is because I know some friends will not agree with my choice. And today I made the mistake of telling another friend & yup , she was not very supportive!! I think it's hard for people to understand unless they are in your shoes. I know I deserve this & will feel great when the scale & the mirror match!
I am very thankful for this website because we all are in the same boat. My friends, whom I've told are supportive. Some may say I don't NEED it. I know that. But I want it for a better me.
My hubby was not supportive, but my friends were - thankfully. He just kept saying you don't need it and was freaked out, but agreed to me doing it. Just yesterday he tells me send me a pic showing your cute belly button. So glad I didn't listen to him. Do it for you. You matter and that's what counts!!!!!
LOL! That's so funny!

Do I need a recliner?

I have heard air of ladies say they slept in a recliner post op. I don't have one but I do have a chair & ottoman . Will lots of pillows be sufficient ? What about stair climbing , how tough will this be post
Op? I'm thinking at times I will rest in bed to keep my one year old from trying to climb on me. And at night I may have to sleep on the chair to avoid my 4 yr old jumping in bed with us! I have had 3 c sections & recovery was pretty good with them . So I'm feeling like this will be similar?

Eeeeew!!!

Can't wait to get rid of this!
Stair climbing will be rough, but doable very slowly don't want to pull on incision. I tried recliner killed my back, yes lot's of pillows is a must and the chair may do. My bed was comfortable so jumped out of recliner and nestled in my bed. If you survived 3 c-sections than you know what your in for. I actually felt TT it was less painful than my c sections, since your numb at incision, not the case in c-section.
MamaQ, did you have muscle repair ? I would love if this was easier than my c sections! I will limit the stairs too.
Yeah I did have MR. That was really my main reason for TT plus hated the flap I had from c sections. I didn't have a lot of skin, but muscles were really bad and suffered back pain.. The soreness for me was the MR. Like 1000 crunches, more sore than actual pain. I would say pain wise easier, boy my c sections were brutal i kept pushing on my morphine button they had to cut me off... I was expecting brutal burning pain at incision and that was not the case for me, but Anesthesia nausea no fun :((, so be pro active on that front. U will do great!!!!!!

Insomnia has hit!

I'm never up this late! I keep tossing & turning. Can't shut my mind off tonight at all! I keep thinking about surgery, the what ifs, recovery & how my baby boy will be without me lifting /holding him . Will my Mom be able to handle him & my 4 yr old?! They can be a handful for us at times & we are with them daily. Some wine would be great right now :(

Just five days to go!

I really can't believe it's almost here ! I have been home for the past 2 days with my 4 yr old. She has a stomach bug ( diarrhea , no vomiting thankfully ) I'm praying that if anyone else in the house gets it that it's over by Wed!! So that's making me a little nervous . Other than that I have been spending lots of time cuddling with my baby boy , because I know I'm going to miss it & so is he :(
The recliner is coming Tue, it's electric & has heat & massage! Hope that helps with back pain. Trying to just stay healthy, keep the house organized & staying positive !!
Hey Knt! We don't have long. I hope your little one feels better soon! My little one came home yesterday snotty and sneezy. I pray it doesn't go to her ears and that this cold doesn't go through anyone else in my home.The last thing I want to be doing is coughing!
Thanks, I think she's over it. I read grape juice is a good preventative for stomach bugs. It may be a wives tale? But we are all drinking it. My one year old isn't complaining, I never really give him juice lol Fingers crossed we all stay healthy & no cough for you! I'm going to get some supplies today:)

A few more befores

I really can't believe this is going to be gone Wed !
Im so excited for you! Its a long road but so worth it! You are going to look great
Thank you! Getting so close !!
So cool your before pics are amazing' I know you are going to look great and be so happy. I can't wait for your surgery to see your transformation! I bet your shopping and cleaning like crazy righ now! Lol Ben there done that...it helped me too work thru my anxiety of the upcoming surgery. Still after you will need help with cleaning and that was a challenge for me I'm used to doing everything for everyone all the time. Patience is a huge part of the recovery process more so than the pain you may think you're going to have! Pain is very little pain if any. Good luck

Side view

I'm from Boston and in feb. I'm flying to DR for lipo tt bbl. it's so much cheaper over there. It's what I can afford. Plus I speak Spanish and know a few people that have gone there for surgery and had a great outcome. I wish you the best of luck. Please keep us updated. Take care and god bless
The days are flying by. So excited for you
Thank you Sara! I'm getting pretty anxious , 4 more sleeps!

Me 38 weeks pregnant

Here I am pregnant with my baby boy ! I gained the least weight with him (32lbs) yet he was my biggest baby , 8lbs 14 1/2 oz &22 inches long!
Congrats on the weight loss and keeping it off after two babies. Looking forward to following your recovery and best of luck Wednesday :-)
Thank you so much !:)
Thank you so much! I had no idea the DR was so popular & inexpensive until I posted here!

I can't believe it's here!

My TT is scheduled for 8 am! We need to be there at 7. I'm so anxious & can't stop cleaning & preparing things. I will update as soon as I can!!
good luck today :)
best wishes to you, I have a feeling with your body type and weight etc you will end up with a great outcome, will pray all goes well for you today
Good luck ! I hope it all goes well . I'm happy for you

I'm home!

My stomach is really sore! I just took pain meds & about to rest ! Can't wait to see how I look . It's too hard to tell right now since I can't stand up straight.
Woo hoo! On the flat side!
Congrats!!! Rest!!!!
Congrats!!!! Rest rest rest!!!!! Looking forward to your updates :)

Post op day 1

I'm finally managing the pain better. I'm alternating between 2 Vicodin &3 Advil every 3 hours. The muscle repair is what's really sore! Sleeping is difficult ,I'm not a back sleeper & my butt is sore from laying down so long. I have been up every 2 hours or so to pee, so I am walking. I'm very hunched over , so can't really take a pic yet. Last night I dud have some bleeding throughy CG ony hip so my fiancé helped unzip me & get a pad in there. I saw a glimpse of my tummy & it didn't seem flat. Hopefully it's just swelling !?? I'm so worried I'm not going to be happy with my results now! Because my breast implants 3yrs ago with another surgeon didn't turn out do great :( so of course I'm nervous now , but Im sure its just swelling & I'm being crazy.
you will be happy this surgery goes thru many different stages day to day you will look different and the swelling can really make things look off but im sure they will be great! good luck
Good Morning my TT Friend, I hope you were able to get some much needed rest... Try to keep positive, heal from within..it hurts like hell HUH! Well i AGREE.....This is one time that I can actually say....I have walked in your shoes.... Ya know the saying been there done that.... LOL WELL I HAVE. ;) Last night I gave in and took 2 OXY much needed sleep was encompassed my entire being.... Don't worry about anything but YOUR healing....us girls will be here in different stages of healing....posting your pictures will come along..... As far as that new FLAT TUMMY goes......it's here to stay. LOL (((((Hugs))))). ((((Don't Worry Be Happy))))
Happy healing

2 days post op

Just took my first shower , felt great! And I got to see how everything looks. A little scary right now! The nurse told me it will look "wavy" but not to worry , it will all smooth out! I'm going to have to be patient & trust the process.
I hope ur feeling better :) just stay on top of ur pain meds :) Happy healing!!! But it looks good so far and wrinkled like mind too so I guess we just have to wait :)
Thank you , happy healing to you as well!
Congrats!!! Happy healing to you! Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Day 3 post op

I have major swelling today !:( I took off my CG to wash it & shower and I'm just so swollen around my hips where the lipo was & bruised ! And around my belly button . I'm drinking tons of water watching my sodium ( barely have an appetite) and taking my bromelain & arnica! I also have not " gone " since the day before my surgery , that could be contributing to the swelling ?
I hear that the swelling is always worse when you have lipo. I had plenty of swelling without lipo, my hips, my waist, and all around the incision area, the worst was front center girly zone (and still super swollen there at almost 8 weeks) I don't think I went to the bathroom til day 5 ... felt like a month! You'll definitely feel better when you get some relief. Try sitting on the heating pad for a while. Felt really great and it did work some magic for me. Hang in there! rest rest rest!!!
My lipo was in my hips only, but my belly is still petty swollen. Post op appt is tomorrow so we'll see what he says:) I did have a drainless tuck & he does a quilt stitch which I guess can cause the puckering. I'm sure it will all smooth out , I have faith into surgeon. I'm sure he did a great job !
Doc took off my cg to have a look before I left to go home and I noticed the wavy-ness too! Almost looked like new stretch marks *panic*..

Still looks wrinkly

I'm still a bit swollen & my stomach looks wrinkly. I have some glue tape over my incision which I can tell is causing a lot of the puckering. Not too sure on how my belly button is going to look yet either. I'm trying to just take Advil during the day for pain & Vicodin before bed. Besides swelling & constipation my back ache is my biggest issue right now. I also miss holding my baby boy :( I have post op tomorrow & will update as soon as I'm back. Happy healing ladies !

More bruising on hip

I'm taking bromelain & arnica but my bruising is pretty bad .
If you haven't gone poo yet, send your hubby to get you ducolax lax pills. ( I took 2 in the am, 2 that night and went the next day. I had also been taking my colace and milk of mag). Hope you are having a good day.
Thanks ! I have gone once & that was 2 days ago & very little. I know there's more ! Lol
I also took milk of magnesia to help with constipation and continued to take pain meds for a while, I also would drink some prune juice after that to stay regular, I had very bad back pain as I have some back problems anyway and this didn't help matters, I would put pillows under my legs when sitting or laying down and that seemed to help some, that and the pain meds, my back did hurt for a while and my stomach did too and I had to walk slowly for quite a while as I had some major muscle repair done, keep us posted, keep posting pics and any questions ask away, and if you have a bad day let us know, I know I had several bad days out of the blue for no reason, after I posted about this I realized I was not alone that others were having swelling issues later on and also just some bad emotional days, it goes away but always nice to know you are not alone !

First post op appt

I saw my PS today. He said my incision is healing good & I should start to do some mild stretching each day so I'm walking straight by the weekend. Sounds scary? But I will do it! He said I'm still pretty swollen so he wants my CG on most of the time. He assured me things will all smooth out . Back again in a week.
Hope your bruising is getting better. Is the Advil still holding you? Your incision is so low! It will definitely smooth out. How is your 1 year old dealing with not being picked up?
Bruising is better , but to be expected I guess with lipo. I'm taking arnica & bromelain but I tend to bruise easily . Advil is still fine , Vicodin just at night to help me sleep really. I'm ok with pain , nit really pain just uncomfortable and swollen . I'm hoping the scar straightens out too it's a little wavy. I'm trying to be patient ! The baby is ok , he tries to climb into the chair with me. I feel so bad , but I do snuggle and hug him on my knees. I just want to heal! My stomach is so tight. , I can feel the muscle repair stitching!
Make sure you get all his promises in writing!

I'm back to working !

Today was my first day back to working from home . I work 7-5 and it was a looooong day ! I got up & walked frequently & laid in the recliner on lunch. I can feel the swelling is so much worse :( gonna be a long week! But I'm not in pain, do that's good . I took Advil once today . It's just difficult getting comfortable at night to sleep, so I'm exhausted! Hope to be in bed early tonight ! Tomorrow is one week post op, I will try to do morning pics.
I cannot be-LIEVE you returned to work on day 6 post-op. Did you have to? Couldn't you have taken another week or two??? OMG! You poor thing. I wish you could have just stayed home and held your babies and healed more. How are you feeling today? I'll bet you're exhausted. And here I'm concerned about whether I'll be able to attend a 3 hour meeting 10 days post op! Bless your heart.
Oh I'm feeling it today for sure! I was wiped lady night & I feel more swollen :( I didn't want to take more time off for myself because I know this time of year the kids get sick & I wanted to save my time for them . I'm sitting in the recliner with the heating pad now preparing for my day. It's going to be a long one... I think I can , I think I can!
Last night, not lady ! Dumb phone !

One week post op

I went back to working from home yesterday and my swelling is getting worse :( I'm walking every hour if not more but I guess it's from sitting at a desk that's making it worse :( I'm relaxing on my lunch break for now. Hope this gets better.
For the last 3 or 4 Nights morning Comes by 4 AM for me... I'm wide-awake.. Insomnia.... I feel like I have total sleep deprivation .......throughout the day I'm dozing.... At times can't keep my Eyes opened senior status....rules Naps are a necessity. Just kidding!!! Is your mom still there helping you with your children... I've reading what you've been writing,sounds like you might be doing a bit too much... I know you Are working from home , Perhaps this weekend it can be all about you ... And you can get a bit more rest . Are you still as puffy? BHave you been keeping your compression garment on? I don't mean to bombard you with questions.... Us gals have to stick together... All those things are important ...The last pictures you posted were looking better than the previous... Follow your doctor's orders...healing Doesn't happen overnight!!!! (((Hugs)))
OMG! You are indeed very swollen! Your surgery was on the same day as mine and I have no swelling that I can see! With you having to work and having young children you just might be overdoing it so that there is more fluid buildup. It looks like you have NO drains whereas I do. My one drain will probably come out on Friday. If it doesn't then so be it--although it's a bit of a nuisance I can live with it! I've figured out how to hide it so nobody can tell and it's not stopping me from doing anything or going anywhere. Hope you feel better soon!
I'm trying my hardest to take it easy. The kids are at daycare , & I'm not lifting the baby at all. I'm working but from home & walking around frequently plus a nap in the recliner on lunch. My ps doesn't use drains, but I feel like I could use one now! I'm going to see how it looks in the morning . Hopefully better, debating if I should call out & rest for the day. ?

Swelling is down first thing in the morning!

My swelling did come down overnight, so that's. Good thing!!still working, but keeping my feet up& will be taking lots of breaks today!
whew! looks so much better in the morning! I bet it also feels better. Looks like you will have great results! but geez girl, back to work so soon!! aaaack!! that is tough. Please try to sneak in as much rest as you can! We can't keep teh superwoman act up for too long - it does catch up. sending hugs :)
yes it did feel better! I hope my results turn out good :) I really thought I would be fine working from home 6 days later. And to top it off , Daddy had to go into work tonight for a few hours. I was alone with the kids for an hour & 1/2. My daughter just came to help with getting them to bed thankfully . I'm going to try to work a half day tomorrow & then rest!
Looking good girl. Bet you're happy the weekend is here ... you deserve a couple days off from work to rest! Enjoy them!

Over doing it?

Since yesterday I have had a burning sensation in my incision on my left hip. The burning comes if I move the wrong way but it's also so sensitive that I have to keep my CG unzipped on the side! So I'm back to taking Vicodin , which I had stopped 5 days post op as I drove myself to my first op visit on Mon. I was feeling good, besides my swelling I really didn't have much pain. I wish I had taken this week off :( so if your planning a TT I would take at least 2 -3 weeks off to be sure! I'm working from home and I wish I had this week to rest more. I'm probably also doing too much around the house and helping with the kids, ( no lifting ) but I did have to change a couple of diapers brush hair make lunches etc... I'm going to work a half day today & then take a Vicodin and rest!! Daddy is taking the kids out to his parents house for the day.
Oh yeah. You are swollen! Wear that binder 24/7. I can't believe you went back to work so early. Glad you get to work from home. Can't wait to see your update pics!! Get some rest.
Unfortunately the burning/ tugging sensation on my left hip is unbearable in my CG! I have to keep it undone in that side:( I wish I had one that closed in the middle, but mine hooks & zips on each side. So with the swelling it's just too tight & painful. I see my PS Monday . So maybe they can fit me into another CG. .
I have a Velcro CG an I have mine tucked with gauze a above the drains so they don't hurt :( this seems to be the worst part of the whole procedure THE DRAINS

Still a little puffy

Still a little puffy , I have had my CG on all the time. I did have it loose for some of the day yesterday due to some burning & pain on my left hip. But it's now tight again. I'm also not sure if I should be applying anything on my BB? It's a little scabby & because of the CG & swelling I still have that crease there . Should I be putting something in there to open it up a little?

So much for resting today..

My 4 yr old woke up twice last night crying her throat hurt! At 11& now again at 4am ! It's going to be a long day! Hopefully I can catch a nap when my older daughter gets here around 8am ! Daddy is heading to work for 6 so I'm on my own for a bit. Now I have to worry about the baby getting sick
& of course me! Ugh! I will start taking zycam today & hope that works.
I didn't cover my belly button with anything until it was totally healed. I just used antibacterial soap on it. Once heeled and scabs were gone I put on my scar strips. You are looking soooo great! I'm happy for your butterfly transformation. We are all butterflies ...aren't we?!!! It's so exciting. Sorry for your lil' one...it's so hard when our babies are sick. We get tired and we feel so bad for them :( I hope she gets well soon, and I wish you happy healing too!
Thank you !!
I'm getting drainless as well. Everything I've read about it is what you're going through right now. I'm glad I have someone I can watch over the next few months to see how this particular healing goes. Good luck with your progress, you're going to look amazing.

Second post op visit today

I just saw the nurse today , not my PS. She said everything is looking good. Even though it doesn't look good to me , it looks the way it should to them. She told me to be patient & around 4 weeks I should start noticing a difference. She also gave me a binder & said to use it at least 12 hours a day or my CG , whichever is more comfortable . And I feel like the CG is more comfy! This binder is awkward . I may try my spanx & see if I can wiggle into that now. I told her about the burning sensation I get on my left hip & she said I may have torn a suture but my incision looked fine. Next week I get my tape taken off . The swelling wasn't that bad today at my appt, but I'm pretty puffy now.
Due to me being more active with the kids etc.. So that's all ladies . I'm going to be patient and let things heal & fall into place!
Happy all is going good . I know about that burning . I had it in my left boob for 3 months . It hurt so bad I couldn't have anything that fit on . It finally went away . I know nothing helped my pain from it. That was with my first revision . I hope it goes away soon . Happy healing ! Hugs !
Well u sound more patient than I lol! U really r healing nicely and u have a fantastic outlook and that is perfect to have when going through all of this transforming.
All I can do is stay positive & wait . I don't doubt my Dr one bit. I trust his work & feel confident everything will turn out good. Worrying about it is just going to stress me out & I need to focus on healing , not stressing :)

Video explaining the drainless tummy tuck

Here is a video I found explaining the procedure .New_to_cosmetic is actually using this Dr in Dec for her Tummy Tuck.
Sounds like you did good with the drainless procedure! I never researched it prior to my TT. Thanks for sharing that!
Thanks for posting Dr. Pollock's video. I really like him so far and I've only seem him at my consult in August. This waiting is killing me! But I wanted to be off while my daughter is on Christmas break so she can help me. I hope you continue to heal. You'll be so pleased in the end.
Doing it at the right time will just make healing all the easier ! It will be here before you know it!

Anyone taking Arnica for swelling ?

My ps gave me vita medica supplements to take. Arnica & bromelain along with vitamins in the am & pm. I have been slacking on the arnica but I'm starting to get back into the habit of taking them in hopes the swelling will go down! I finished my bromelain .
Anyone else taking Arnica?
Also my BB is quite sore today, looks fine , just a little red. But sensitive to the touch. Normal? I think the burning on my left hip is finally gone though!
May be the numbness wearing off, my bb isn't really happy either. Kinda pinches. But it hurt before the TT, doc said he didn't know why. I may have an overly sensitive nerve (my hypothesis). Kinda feels like its weak there and sensitive to pressure
Mine is sensitive to the touch. Probably just part of healing I guess .
I'm glad your swelling is getting better. I didn't have any bruising at all. I was really surprised by this. but I didn't have any bruising last time either. I bruise easily usually cuz I have chronic headaches and take aspirin alot. but for some reason the lipo didn't bruise me. I hope your get better and better. Remember don't wear your garment too tight. Comfort not constriction! Pass the word.

11days post op vs 17 days post op

I think the swelling is getting better now that I see it side by side!
Looking good. Swelling is definitely less.
Thanks !
I read your story a while back and had no idea you were from mfp! How funny! You had lots of skin in your before pix. A lot more than I do. I think you will be REALLY happy with the results. Your skin looked like it had bad folds and pleats, but that looks way better now. You are looking great!

Moms of little ones, when did you start picking up your kids?

I'm 3 weeks post op tomorrow & my fiancé can't change his schedule this week to help with daycare drop off! My oldest can help me wed & fri but Thur I'm on my own! My son is walking now but I will need to lift him into his car seat & take him out. I'm a nervous wreck I'm going to hurt something. I told the nurse that I would probably need to start lifting him a little around 4 weeks. She said to listen to my body & be careful . I didn't realize I was going to have to start this week. Anyone else lift their kids around 3 weeks? He's a good 25 pounds too...
Your swelling is definitely gone down substantially in that side by side pic!!! Looking great girl!!!! :) Wish I had input for your baby situation.... My baby is 25 years old and 6'5' so I think I won't be picking him up anytime soon LOL

More before pics

I was going through my pictures & forgot a few more "befores" . Fun with belly dough!
I read a review from mirellaf. She has a story I thought similar to yours so I recommended she read yours. She wasn't sure how to find you so I was hoping you could pop by her review.
I'm not getting my updates ? I just saw this.. I will try to find her.
No worries. I seem to get only a few. She did find your review.

compression garment or spanx?

So I have struck out twice with the faja! Originally ordered A small. Umm that wasn't even close to fitting! So I just got the large in & can get the top hook done only! Apparently I just paid 11k for a TT & lipo so I could still feel fat! They must run small ? Idk , but They are both going back! I'm way too annoyed now & I'm thinking my spanx will have to do? Even though I prefer one that closes up the front vs pull on. My current CG from the ps is a large and it zips on each side . But it's a little bulky & I want something smoother under clothing. Even though NONE of my pants fit me yet. Ugh!

Belly button

My belly button is still looking a bit strange. I was putting neosporin on it with a Qtip the other day & it bled a little. So now I'm keeping it covered. But I'm worried about the shape& it's too sensitive to stuff an ear plug in it. Plus the crease around it makes me think more skin could have been removed. I know I'm still puffy & only 3 weeks post op . Maybe it will go away in time?

BB pic

Girl, you look awesome! Congrats!
I am finding that we need a separate budget just for CGs. I have found they the run smaller than the size given. I just moved to a smaller size. I am hoping it will help with the swelling I have.
I found the flexees brand to run a little bigger than the spanx, although I still love my spanx tank. I am in a large corset (could prob do a med) or medium pull up types. I find if I wear the med I feel so fat. Guess its just tighter. My waist is about 33 inches about inch above the bb.

Scar 3 weeks post op

Oh, I've been wanting to say I love your name.  KNT - Dynamite!
lol thanks ;)
I think the crease will go away in time.  You really are only 3 wks out.  Look how much it's changed from day one.  I saw another girl who had creases and hers ironed out.  Don't be too worried until after 6 months and keep in mind a little touch up might be needed but can be done in the clinic. But, I know the answer your ps is gonna give you and it will be, "Give it 6 months and then we can tweak it if necessary."  I'm pretty sure i have a dog ear developing on my left side but I know it can be easily fixed.  My frankenboobs have wrinkles all the way around them.  Look at my review.  But I remember from last time, after 6 months their were no more wrinkles.  Have faith and patience!   I just looked at your before photos and I'm telling you, you look great!  Really, really awesome comparisons.

4 1/2 weeks post op

Not much to update, I have been using aquaphor on my scar & will start the silicone strips soon. Still dealing with some swelling & not completely flat yet. All though I love that the scale is down 5 lbs (115 now) I have been doing a lot this past week. I'm pretty much back to usual as far as taking care of the kids & house. My fiancés father has lung cancer & is on hospice care. We found out a week ago the cancer is spreading too fast for the chemo to work . The Drs gave him 1-3 months. :( So I'm on my own a lot so he can be there with his Dad as much as he can. We have also decided to get married while his Dad is still with us. We are planning a small private ceremony at his house with a JP. We really want him there when we get married. We will wait on a reception. I'm heartbroken over this , I was really hopeful that the chemo was going to work. Your never prepared to hear this news.
I hope your all healing well.
You are looking great! Sorry about your father in law and congrats on the wedding! You have so much going on... Good luck with everything!
I'm sorry to hear about your father in law. My aunt past in 5 days after getting that sentence delivered, so get married as quickly as you can. My thought. And prayers are with you that he makes it to the wedding.
Thank you. I hope we get to share this memory with him.

Married!

We had our small ceremony yesterday in my inlaws yard. My father in law can't really leave the house. It was a happy moment but sad too. Just seeing him like this is so hard, especially when he was always the life of the party:(
Here I am in my dress , still swollen & it looks like I have a belly! It's been 5 &1/2 weeks. When will I be flat!!!??
Follow up appt tomorrow , we'll see what my PS says.
it is a process... it is looking good as you go along....
Looking great, pretty dress. Congrats on your marriage. That's painful about your father in law. Prayers for your family....

Wedding dress ( still have a belly)

You look beautiful but to me your flat as can be!!! We still see ourselves as having some flub... Not sure how to get past that bit noticing a lot more that if I just wear spanx I don't swell as bad but if I wear my CG I swell like crazy!?!? So I rotate them to get a break.... U look wonderful an so glad ur father in law was able to be there for your special day
Beautiful!
You look beautiful in your dress!! I just had my last drain removed and I'm battling a belly so I understand but everyone laughs at me when I say that bc apparently im the only one who sees it! I can see why! You're looking awesome! We must be feeling that same swelling! I guess it feels worse than it looks! Lol

6 weeks

I had my 6 week appt yesterday . He said my scar is healing good & removed a little stitch that was popping through. I can now start my scar treatment. I asked him about the puffiness & what seems like excess skin still around my belly button. He said there was still a little loose skin left. Because I didn't do a circumferential lift or a a vertical incision he couldn't pull all of my skin tight. There may also be a TBLS or 2 of fat that he could lipo out in the office if it bothers me. ( which it does!) so I need to give it more time & go from there. I go back in Jan. I'm also cleared for light workouts , no abs for 3 months though!
Look at those crazy curves!!! You look BEAUTIFUL!!! I"m so happy for you!
You're so tiny!!! Looking beautiful girl! I'm 12 weeks and occur still wear my compression of especially puffy days. I always wear compression to workout.

Hmmm, to compress or not?

Because of the excess left over around my BB, I feel like the CG ( that I can now squeeze into) us going to make that crease worse!? What do you ladies think I should do ? I feel so much better with at least spanx , but even still I get that crease:(
Ok. My dr did the quilting no drain technique. He sutured the skin to the muscle. I had quite a few dips in my stomach where he did those quilting stitches. They dissolve and flatten out. Maybe that's what your dr did? I also wore my garment 24/7 the. At a month I could wear spanks 12 hours of the day. I pretty much wore them 24/7 at first. Good luck. You are looking great!
Thanks! I know I'm being picky, gotta relax & give it time!!
I think it'll resolve beautifully! You're looking great!

Here's the extra that's bothering me

I really didn't think I would be able to pinch this much. I will give it time & discuss my options in Jan @ my 4 month visit. Can anyone pinch this much? Of course it's a lot better than before , but I was hoping for it to be tighter & flatter. I will definitely do the lipo to my lower belly as he suggested at my last appt.
You look great! I think your swollen. My advise get into a maria E Fajas ...tight compression till the 6 month marker, than see what you have. I bet it's great! I can't pinch anything.
Those fajas scared me! I sent them back l I'm wearing my spanx now & I also have the Leonisa with a zip front. It's still a bit snug, and causes a crease in the middle. So I worry about too much compression & creasing near my belly button.
Thanks! Swelling has come down a lot actually. I do think there's a little fat that needs to come out. I need to be patient!! I suck at it though!

Leonisa CG

I'm going to try out the CG . It's pretty tight & I haven't been wearing it because it's not very comfortable. Instead I was wear spanx for the past few weeks. But, I'm going to try and stick it out , maybe alternate with my spanx? I'm wearing the Leonisa firm control size M.
Hey girl, you are looking so svelte. So you are considering a revision? Is he going to charge you?
I'm definitely considering the lipo in my lower abdomen . But he said I have to wait 6 months at least. I'm not sure about the vertical scar though , really don't want that. And I posted that question here for the Drs & they all agreed it wasn't worth the scar. I talked to the nurse the other day & she said there would be a small fee for the lipo. Not thrilled about that...
How many weeks post op are u now?

Loving my hips!

I haven't posted much about my hips. I'm so happy with them!! I don't have to worry about the length of my tops & if they are covering my hips enough. I used to wear this outfit before but I always made sure my sweater was in the right spot! Now I'm not even worried about it moving!
Looking great!!!
Looking good
Thank you!

2months

Not much has changed . My scar still seems dark. I'm using bio oil & biocorneum. Still not sure about the crease in the middle & how my belly button is looking. But overall I'm happy.
Great results girl!! Beautiful an congrats on the marriage:-) ya sessy thing
I think your TT results are amazing - it doesn't even look like the same person. I know that as we start fixing stuff, we become ultra-critical and start looking for all the little imperfections. I would strongly suggest (as well as the several doctors you asked about the fleur de lis revision) to wait at least a year. I think your surgeon did an excellent job and I believe he removed as much as he could with a horizontal scar. Personally, I don't think the vertical scar will be worth what little tightening you might get from it. I suspect you will be unhappy with it and by then, it will be too late. With regards to lipo - remember all it does is take out fat, you may end up with even looser skin. there are a few blessed folks who have very elastic skin that contracts after lipo - but thats a big roll of the dice you are taking. I did check out your pics on the BA/BL - did you get a revision? I hope you got better results the second time. Happy continued healing! You're looking fabulous!
Thank you so much ! Yes it's a huge improvement !! I really need to wait it out. & if I do thd lipo to my tummy it won't bd much. He said about a tablespoon .. So hopefully that won't leave too Much skin . I know I'm being picky. The vertical scar probably will make me unhappy. ...

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

It's going to be a very quiet Thanksgiving for us. My father in laws funeral was yesterday. He went peacefully on Sat with his sons by his side. He was such a great person & made me feel like his daughter in law from day one! I'm going to miss him a lot! I hope you all enjoy your day with your loved ones. Happy Thanksgiving!
Sorry for your loss :(
You are healing very nice and you look very flat! Looks like the swelling went down yay! ;)
Thanks , getting there!

Almost 12 weeks

Feeling good, I'm up a few lbs since surgery. Thanksgiving & just eating kinda whatever from all the food people brought over my mother in laws from when my father in law passed. I'm getting back on track now & started working out again this week. No abs just yet. Here's a few pics I just took. (So end of the day maybe a little swelling?)
Ugh i hear that abt being a few pounds up since surgery. Why do they creep up on us. You'll get them off like they never happened. You look great. xx
Yeah, I usually fluctuate between 115-120. I really need to workout more. I'm slacking!
U r looking 100% better than post op but I kno u n me both want that super tight belly so I'm just waiting on the results but if we have to settle for our fat pinching no loose skin bellys, they r not so bad

Not much new

I'm still feeling the same. I know I look ten times better . But I'm not as flat or as I tight as I hoped to be :( maybe my expectations were too high? I don't know... I'm anxious to go back to my ps mid jan for my follow up & see where we go from here.
Hope you all have a wonderful Holiday. We got our kids an early gift , this is Princess :)
looks like a sweet puppy, Merry Christmas
Yay puppy! And I think you look fantastic! My belly has somewhat softened up a bit. I know I read online that this surgery won't make your organs smaller underneath the tightening of the muscles. So maybe my stomach was bigger than I thought? LOL :)
Awww! I bet they love the puppy!

Side by side

I'm actually a little swollen tonight in my lower belly & still an improvement. But I feel like my waist looks a little thicker since my hips are now smaller ?
I have purchased 6 different to types of spanx. They don't feel right enough to me so I wear binder over them. They press swelling down into my mons (which sells on right side only). My new cg is great at keeping that area flat but still squeezes belly. The picture of you in your cg (I think we have the same one) looks like your waist is squeezed a lot too. I don't think your crease looks bad. Is it on the top of your bb? I think I may need a fleur de lis (sp?)inscision also. I can't imagine that skin magically disappearing. I think I prefer the scar to the crease. At least it would feel smooth. My next appointment is not until the middle of February so I will have to wait and see if anything changes. You look great by the way! You had tons of stretched skin before. It is amazing what a little tuck can do!
I think we do have the same CG, Leonisa . And I don't wear mine. , it's so tight! So the spanx extra control is what I do. And not everyday anymore. My crease is above my bb which also seems to make my bb look like a slit. I know he did a great job & I'm still happy . But I might need a liitle tweaking to be completely happy! We really need to be patient , it's such a process.
I think my hips look huge.... I think it will take some time to get use to how we look post tt compared to how we wanted to or thought we'd look. I do think you look great, nice fit feminine shape!

Looking at the positive !

I know I have been nit picky , but honestly my PS did a great job! I knew from past experience with my breast aug/lift that I can't expect perfection! I look a lot better than before , And plastic surgery isn't a science - you need to know going into it that you may need revisions or touch ups!
Things are definitely looking better as your swelling subsides. And I just wanted to tell you that I can pinch that much skin or more on either side of my belly button because I didn't want the vertical incision up my stomach. In clothes you would never know the difference. So believe me, it will get better with time.
Thank you! I hope so :)
Hi!  Two things which, given how much you've been around, you probably know, but I will say in case you don't :).  First, the doctors gauge the tightness and work for a tight look when standing, not sitting.  So they consider it a success if you look…well, the way you look, when you're standing.  You look great, BTW!  How you look when you're sitting depends on the laxity of your skin (which they cannot affect, that's based on collagen and stuff) and how much fat you have subcutaneously.  The doctors have much less control over how you look when you're sitting.  If they make you tight while sitting, you won't be able to stand, and you'll end up stretching and probably getting stretch marks anyway.

Second, at 3 months, you are definitely still swelling.  That won't go away completely until at least 6 months, and easily longer.  But be vigilant, as fat gain will also look like swelling.  And you will likely not gain fat in the same way you used to, so it can sneak up on you.  For me, I gain it in my butt, thighs, and back now when I used to gain it right around and on my belly.

Happy healing!!

Groupon deal!

I love your before and after comparison!
Thanks , it's a big improvement !
I think you look great !! I see what you mean about our BB looking similar. I can't wait to be on the flat side. Are you considering a revision ?

Whoa! pms?

I'm due any day for my period & have awful swelling :( yikes! Is it going to be like this every month? Anyone know?
You look fabulous! I luv the side by side comparison u posted on Jan 2. It is an amazing difference! You are right, we do get not picky but when you look at the before/after comparison it does look like perfection! I am doing the same thing!
We do get picky...
Yes , I'm very satisfied ! And just need to not nit pick any more!

Had an appt today.

It went good , I told him my concern with the bit of lose skin I have in the middle. He doesn't think it's worth risking a vertical scar & being unhappy with that. And I do agree , as much as I want a very tight flat tummy , I think I will be unhappy with the scar. He thinks everything else is healing nicely. I will go back in April & at that point we can talk about lipo to my lower abdomen if I still feel I need it. I also asked him if he still thinks I could use the circumferential lift as he suggested at my consult. And he actually said no, he no longer feels I need that & my results were better than he expected . Now that's a good surgeon , he could have easily said I still need it & made more $. I'm very happy with Dr Samaha & have no regrets!
So my plan now is to start working out again! I am still slacking!:( are any of you on MFP? I would love some new buddies , I'm Karen8873 there too if you want to add me!

Oh! Forgot to mention the BB

He said to wait closer to a year & after any lipo he can make it a little rounder if needed.
Oh yea! I'm on mfp! Heading your way! Nevertoolate2014 and I have become virtual work out buddies. Just started this week. We should get her on mfp if shes not!
Got it! Thanks. Yes I need to start back up with my workouts !!! A sap& my diet could always improve!
Same here! I might learn to pass on the free morning sausage biscuits with some tt sisters looking over my shoulder!

My first light workout with Abs

I'm home today with two sick kids. So while they were asleep napping, I did a light workout. I could barely do a full crunch , I just did half crunches I guess? And boom! Swelling!
I did an ab workout yesterday. I def feel swollen. But my mr feels better. My bb feels tight too.
Ab workouts made me swell for at least 6 months. :)  It no longer happens anymore (at over a year post-op).
It's awful right now, I'm back in my spanx . I feel like This will discourage me from working out too much:/

Another side by side pic!

Feeling pretty good , I just wish the scar would lighten up more.
Congrats on your wedding :-) Hows your father in law doing? ... Your incision has healed so nicely.
The scar is dark, but I'm pretty sure there are things they can do to help with that if that doesn't diminish in time.  Mine has gotten better with time, but it'll never be a beautiful little white line like some ladies have on here (not like a white line on dark skin would be perfect ;).  Have you heard anything about scar treatments other than silicone scar strips?
I was using bio oil at first , then went onto scar strips & I also use biocorneum. I need to be more consistent though!

A bit frustrated

I tried on some pre op jeans that I used to be able to squeeze into over my giant fat hips . Yes I had a muffin top, but they weren't uncomfortable . Now , the same jeans are tight & too uncomfortable to wear. I don't get it!? I'm 120, compared to my 118 pre-op. Makes no sense ?
I cannot guarantee that it's the same issue with you, but for me, my weight has re-distributed post-op.  Where before I gathered everything in my belly and face, I now put it on in my back and butt (and face).  So even though I weigh a little less now than just before surgery, it makes my jeans tighter.  I lost a couple of pounds of skin in my belly, but I gained a couple of pounds in my butt.

Also, this is no longer the case, but after my surgery, I had much less muscle than I had going into surgery.  Which mean more of my weight was fat, which takes up more space.  I've had half a year to recover my muscle now, but it took a while.
Thank you. Sadly, he passed in Nov :( almost a month after our marriage.

Body wraps

I'm thinking of trying it works! Body wraps, since I still have the lax skin. But I'm not sure they are safe yet . Anyone know?
I haven't used the body wrap but the women that cuts my hair has. She liked it but it seemed to be a phase for her. That was when she wasnt working out tho. Maybe itd have superior results combined with excersise and healthy eating (like you do). Now, she hits the gym and no wraps, and I'm sure she doesn't eat great (neither do I). I'm back above my pre tt weight by a few pounds. I wonder if its holidays or "normal".
I'm hoping they just help my skin tighten up a bit. And with a good diet & exercise they say the results will last. Guess I will find out! I'm up a couple pounds too, I think it's just winter weight. Not much to do this time of year but snack & wait for spring! Lol
My snacking increases as the temps drop. I guess its a survival mechanism, wish my brain would understand that central heat is available! Id like to hear how the wraps do! I may have to look into it!

Testing out "it works "wraps .

I'm testing them on my arms , I have lots of flab ! And it actually worked ! I believe with regular use & a good diet. /workout plan they say the results last. I will try it on my belly soon!
Hey, is there such a thing as a waist wrap??? All my extra skin is around my waist and I could use anything that will shrink my excess skin. Certainly less invasive than another TT would be!!1
I'm going to test them out on my tummy. They tighten tone & firm your skin. They worked on my arms so I signed as a distributor . They are called " It works!" I was skeptical at first too . But I'm a believer now. They also have facial wraps. My mom & will be testing those out soon too!
Wow! that looks awesome! what kinds of wraps is that? Where can you buy them or do you go to a place that wraps you up? I think I'll try those too! thanks for sharing!

Not much has changed

I'm still dealing with swelling on and off. And the bloating during my cycle is just horrible !:( as the picture shows. Still have a crease in the middle & my scar is not fading... That's all I got ladies.
you look great! - I still battle the swelling, some days better than others and def after workouts - its crazy. your scar is healing very nicely. anything else you use besides bio oil?
I have scar therapy strips biocorneum & bio oil! Lol I just want it fade!! It will feel so good once swelling is gone forever.
Just wondering if you talked to your doctor about the crease.  I know some other ladies had to stop wearing their garments with the crease but I don't know if that's in the minority, or if it's only at the beginning of healing or what. :)

Swelling ... Still. :(

Seriously shouldn't it be getting better ? Why do I still swell up this much ?! :(
It has to be frustrating to still be swelling six months post op. I'm not swelling anymore but I didn't have as much skin dissected either. My skin flap only went up to the belly button and the upper abdominal skin wasn't lifted off the abdominal wall so not as many lymph vessels were compromised, (one little bonus of having only a mini TT instead of a full one). Perhaps next time around I'll be swelling for six months too! I like your curvy hour glass figure and nice small waist!
I notice that even before the tt I swelled by the end of the day. So, much of it may just be genetic. I'm sure some of mine is food related too, (carbs salt ,dairy, soy ect..). Its funny how unpredictable it can be!
It's very frustrating !

6 months !! Feeling pretty good

Swelling is still up & down.. But it was down today & I was feel skinny! So I took some updated pics :) hope everyone's doing good!!
I noticed most TTs are with drains. Did your PS explain why your procedure was drainless? I ask because I have had two consultations so far one uses the drains and the other doesn't and most women complain about the drains but how do you get the excess drainage out if you don't have them? Maybe that contributed to your swelling? Still trying to decide which way to go and would love to hear why your PS doesn't use drains. You look awesome by the way - I can't wait to join you!
Drainless TT have extra stitches called quilting , which eliminates the need for drains. My ps said swelling can last up to a year . It has improved , but I'm very sensitive with pms , irregularity , sodium & alcohol I have noticed . So I don't think it would have been any different if I had drains:)
Thanks for the info - I am meeting with the PS who does the drainless procedure next week to ask those questions but saw your post and thought you would know - good luck and thanks again!

Always have to do a side by side!

Wow, you look fabulous! I love that indented line above your belly button!. If I end up looking like that after TT #2 I'll be very happy!! I'm not counting on that though!
Looking FAB! Your skin looks really nice and smooth and the line appears to be disappearing! yay!
Thanks :) improving each month!

Bloat & swelling

So yesterday we had surprise 60th for my mother in law & I left the house feeling good in my outfit. I came home a bloated mess !:( I was so puffy , I felt awful ! When does this end!!!??? I didn't eat anything while out either, just one glass of wine.
I know the feeling! Seems for no reason at all it comes along! Hope your doing well!
How are you doing? You haven't updated in a while! I check your profile from time to time because your Sx was on the same day as mine. Sorry to hear about your issues with bloating!!! That has to be a downer!
I'm doing good! Still have a little pooch that won't budge & I'm not happy with it. But I really don't have the extra. $3k for touch up lipo.. Hope I can try to lose it myself. I'm going to check you out now:)

Quick update

I haven't updated in a while. I have been feeling so so about my results. I was really hoping for my tummy to be flatter & tighter. I still have a little pooch below my belly button & I don't have the $$ for the lipo. I also don't like my belly button. I'm going in for a follow up next week to see if that can be fixed at least. And as far as the pooch I guess I'm in my own with that! I just thought I would feel a lot more comfortable in a 2 piece almost a year out & I really don't :/ but of course it's way better than before ;)
You look fantastic !!!
Let us know what is said about the bb. I'd be interested in knowing if that's surgical technique or genetics. I almost wish I'd done lipo on my flanks. I don't have the uterine pooch. But, I did before kids. I think it's cute on skinny girls any how. You look fairly cut thru the abs. Maybe its muscle! I love your results.
Very keen on hearing what they say about the BB.  I don't like mine either, (it's also like a slit, though more at the bottom, while it's wide at the top--a triangle to a slit *sigh*,) but have no idea whether it's the kind of thing that can be altered.

Belly button revision & touch up lipo

I had my belly button revision done Tue & lipo on the little pooch I had left below my BB. I had it done under local, no anesthesia . It was very weird .. No pain really but lots of pressure & vibration from the lipo. It took about a hour. So far I'm very happy with my results . A little swelling from the lipo .. I will take a pic in a few days. But here's the BB.
Do you still love your surgeon? I think you look great.
Yes, I have always loved my Dr. & his staff! He discounted my lipo to make it affordable for me . And no charge for the belly button since I was not happy with original results!
I'm jealous! I'm too chicken to do the lipo. But, oh how it'd be a nice little jump on that hip/flank fat ive got! LOL! I'm toying with my diet, macro nutrients, and adding more plant based food. You are still looking great! I always loved your trim waist!

Before & After Belly button revision & lipo

hope your new bb heals nicely, how do you feel?
Thanks , I hope so too! I'm feeling good, it's not sore really. . Just a little sensitive to the touch.
Wow!  Fantastic result from your BB revision.  Congratulations!!!
Quincy Plastic Surgeon

I am very happy I chose Dr Samaha for my Tummy Tuck. He is very thorough and always took his time with me during my 2 consults to answer all of my questions ! And continues to during my follow up care. His Nurses Maureen & Deb are great and called me daily after my TT to check up on me.They are all very professional and friendly . I feel very comfortable there.