Input Please - Quebec, ON

I'm a 35 year old woman with 13 year old breast...

I'm a 35 year old woman with 13 year old breast implants. My story starts like this. I was a very young and impressionable girl when my bf decided to sell his prized mustang to finance my implants. I started as a 34b and after 350cc mentor saline implants ended up with 34dd breasts. They are under the muscle and have no complaints other than back pain from the extra weight. What are your experiences with removal after under the muscle placement? I want them out but terrified they'll be hideous after explant surgery..

Consultation booked!!

I finally booked a consult with Dr. Golger in Oshawa. I see him on Tuesday. I'm excited to get this surgery underway. I forgot to add that I've nursed 2 babies with the implants. I can feel my own breast tissue over the implants so I'm hopeful that I'll get my perky little ones back again...

Before

Recovery??

What is the average recovery time post explant?? Mine are under the muscle. I remember the pain of recovery after the implant being burning and really itchy. I think I drove a week after.. (My original incision was thru my armpit if that helps?)

Successful consultation

After meeting with the doctor this afternoon I'm still feeling anxious and nervous. I'm only having the implants removed - no lift. I'm trying to be optimistic about the outcome but still freaking out a lot :(
Dr Rheault

Dr Rheault was fantastic. I've tried to locate him for the explant but I'm not able to find him. Great bedside manner. He made me feel really comfortable before and after.

you wont be hideous, you have plenty of natural breast tissue. Will just have to give it time.
You will do fine, no need to worry, no lift & do not remove the capsule. I went out to dinner, right after explant, never took a pain pill and did it under local. Good luck in your decision & stop by and ck out my story. Your going to be so much happier without them.
I'm feeling much The same way waiting... nervous... On and off doubts..I have to keep reminding myself of my reasons and than I know I'm doing the right thing it's still hard though I'm scheduled for 20 June on a sidenote I also had my implants put in via the armpit but they are getting removed in the fold I guess it's a lot simpler and faster recovery
I had my submuscular implants out yesterday and it is fine. Nothing like the implant. I had a GA but was up and perky in no time. Some minor discomfort around the incisions but manageable with regular panadol. I'm just resting today but I'm mobile - making my lunch, hot drinks, etc.
Recovery for removal w no lift is like a day, unless you have drains...then it's more like 4-5; but nothing as painful as the implant process
Hi - I had 405cc saline under the muscle implants removed last week (original incision was also through the arm pits.) Please see my review for details & pictures. The recovery is a breeze compared to the BA (I drove myself to the follow up visit the very next day.) Good luck with your consult.
I have just had my 20 year old implants removed after 20 years. All I can say that it is uncomfortable but very do-able and I have been pleasantly surprised by the outcome. My breast do sag a bit, but it really isn't as bad as I expected and a good fitted bra can help lift everything a bit. I am better off without my old leaking silicone implants and feel much better after a week now, though still sore and bruised. I spent 4 days in a very good hospital and had drains in both sides which were removed on the day I was discharged. The incision was on my old one and it looks very neat even now after only 7 days. Mine too were under the muscle and only one side was ruptured (silicone size 36D). The top of my breasts are somewhat flatter but otherwise I am very happy of the outcome altogether. Time will need to heal it all and some rest, no lifting or hoovering for a while. All in all I think they will look fine in the right bra, so don't worry too much.

Thank you for starting your story on RealSelf! I hope you'll use this space to keep us updated on your decision and journey. Are you wanting them out because of your back pain?

No.. They are just too big :(
I don't think they will be hideous. They may be loose and deflated at first but will improve with time. Check out my review for pics.
Mine are under the muscle and I am scheduled to get them removed on 10/30 so I will let you know. There are lots of ladies here who have had excellent results removing their implants without replacement... my hideous ny any means. Have you went for any consultations with a ps yet?
Sorry for the typos...I meant *not hideous by any means..
Not anything formal but I've found out that having them removed will be compleatly covered by OHIP. I'm in Oshawa (not Quebec). Original surgery was in Quebec. I don't see where I can edit that portion of my profile. I'll post a picture of what they look like now later. I'm just worried they'll be droopy..
There's always the possibility of a lift. I'm doing removal of 330/360 cc under muscle that are ~ 9 years old. I'm 38. Take a look at my profile for pix. I explant Monday 10/14, so I'll keep you updated as well :)