Swelling with Restylane in Lips - Qld Australia

I had .5 ml of Restylane injected in my top lip 4...

I had .5 ml of Restylane injected in my top lip 4 days ago and the swelling seems quite severe especially on one side of my lip.

Is this type of swelling normal?

I called the clinic and they told me "its just swelling", wait longer.

My top lip was significantly smaller than my bottom lip so it's not like it was large to begin with.

I am not sure what else I can do to reduce the swelling.

I also had .5ml injected into my nose to level out the appearance of a bump - which I am happy with. Also to note there is no swelling on my nose.

I went to a doctor today and was told I had an...

I went to a doctor today and was told I had an abscess in my lip.

He mad a cut under my lip and drained out the puss.

It has been 3 hours since and with ice I am already feeling a relief of pressure and swelling.

I recommend anyone that thinks they have unusual swelling go to a doctor before they wait too long for "the swelling to come down".

Unfortunately the doctor advised me it is likely that some product came out when he drained it. I hope that they are not uneven when it heals as I will not go through this again to even it up.

Great additional info Mia! Thanks for the update.

-Britt

Hi Mia,

Thanks for the review. I'm sorry your lips are so swollen. You should check out this question from our Dr Q&A about swelling after Restylane, it might help. Please keep us updated and welcome to the community.

Thanks,