Change is Coming - Puyallup, WA

Growing up I was always overweight. When I was 20...

Growing up I was always overweight. When I was 20 I decided to lose the weight and get healthy. It took me about 2 years to drop 140lbs through working out and changing the way I see food. Then I gained 80lbs with my first pregnancy (she is now 4years old), lost that weight, then gained 60lbs with my second pregnancy (she is now 1 year old). I began researching right after I gave birth to our second baby, knowing that we were done having kids. I found my Dr through reviews on this website. I went to a consultation and knew right away that he was the one (I still went to a couple other places just to make sure).

I am now 3 days post op. My surgery went great and I am healing better than I expected. I have been taking my pain meds on time and walking every two hours and feel good. I have already lowered the amount of meds I am taking and hope to be totally off by tomorrow. So far the only "cons" about my surgery is not being able to sleep in my bed, not being able to hold my babies, and no working out. Laughing, coughing, sneezing...hurt so BAD!

This is the best decision I have ever made and I cannot wait until all the swelling goes down to see the final results!!!

Olympia Plastic Surgeon

DR. Novia, and his staff, are amazing! They took the time to answer all my questions... and I had a lot :) He called my husband the night of my surgery to make sure I was doing ok. I would refer him to all of my friends.

Hi Darlin!!!   Hang on and things will improve each day.  You are almost through the worst portion of the recovery.  And yes it does hurt really bad but is all temporary.  You will be very happy in the end when you are all healed.

I love that you found your doctor here on RealSelf!  The resources and support on the site are amazing and I am so glad this all helped you make the decision.

Don't rush yourself off the pain meds too quickly.  If you hurt take one and know it's ok to do so.  You need to be comfortable during the healing process.  Be a good patient and rest, medicate and go slow for the next couple of weeks.

I slept in a hospital bed for the first two weeks post OP which helped me so much.  But I did miss my own bed as well.  When I first went back into my bed is was rough but with many, many pillows and repositioning I figured it out quickly.  Place pillows under your knees, elbows, 2-3 under your head and any place else it helps.  I also put a waffle pad under my booty for the extra cushion.

Hang in there and keep us up to date.