After Smart Lipo

I am 5'3", 118 pounds, 45 years old. I...

I am 5'3", 118 pounds, 45 years old. I exercise 6 days a week, spinning, weight training, aerobics classes. I had my procedure on Apr 24 at lower abdominal, love handles, lower back and inner thighs. 8 incisions points together. I gained 10 pounds after my procedure and was very sore and experience excessive bruising as you can see on my pics. My doctor said I must ate or drank something that incurred that. I had been drinking herbal tea everyday and didn't stop until the day of the operation.

My bruises are almost gone but the rear is still...

My bruises are almost gone but the rear is still pretty obvious.  I am down to my pre-op weight of 118 pounds.  The spots are still sore, numb, hard and swollen.  I am pretty optimistic about the final result.   I did sit up this morning and I had cramps on my abs.  I am still wearing my garment but I don't think it helps much.  But it helps to curb my appetite.

LOL

Hello there, Could you let me know the name of your doctor because i live in toronto and im finding difficult to find a surgeon i can trust.
This was smartlipo. I am totally recover now but there are still 2 lumps on my back. I can see little results. I guess different people has different reaction. he also used the fat to inject my face instead of synthetic fillers. However, they didn't stay long on my face. For the $6,000 that I spent on both procedures, I think it's not worth it.
hi, was this a smartlipo procedure? or the ordinary liposuction??? i thought u weren't supposeed to get any bruising!!! these pics look like it hurts!!!ouch im thinking of getting smartlipo done n stumbled on to your review n now i thinki might just change my mind!!! and also how did u feel right after???(pain)r u satisfied with the results?
wow... alot of bruising, i think i changed my mind, i am also a big fan of plastic surgery to improve .. thank you sooo much for posting your pics... GOOD LUCK to you.. xo
I upload some recent pictures. They should be posted very soon. I guess it takes longer for a 45 year old to heal. I always support plastic surgery. In my opinion, my skin is like my clothes. If the clothes is loose, I need to alter it. I was planning to have a half face lift when I turn 50. Now I am thinking twice about it. I wish I can aged gracefully.
omg!!! how are you feeling?? that is just unbelievable?? are you happy you did it??
Hi, try not to be disappointed. I had my flanks and inner thighs done in January and it still is a little sore. The bruising took about 2-3 wks to go away. Longer for my legs. You are doing great with tabs but I had the best results taking the tabs and the gel. I bought them at GNC. I am 33 and spend alot of time in the gym. I got right back in there that same week. Took it easy though. When I jog my flanks feel a little numb and my legs feel tighter than before. Not sure why that is about the legs. But I do know that I am still healing. The tissue's have to heal and reconnect from being pulled away when the fat was sucked out. You will also get swollen after working out. Drink more water. I still get swollen. Sometimes I will take a otc diurectic. Speak with your doctor b/f taking it that though.
Your suggestion of Arnica pills really helps. My bruises are fading away but still very noticeable. I have to hide inside the shower to change at the gym. LOL The swellings are calming down as well. For the most part I can see some changes. Thank you all!
any updates? How's the healing?
Well, I got my arnica pills today. Let's see if they are going to help. My control garment is getting more comfortable.
you might also try emu oil and rub that on it with the arnica. That's crazy! What kind of herbal tea was it? We have pretty much the same stats and I'm planning on doing the same areas. I also drink herbal teas, so I would love to know what kind... It's still pretty early...
I am convinced that it has to do with some herbal tea that I have been drinking. I am getting better everyday but I am still "black". So far I don't see any results and I am still bigger than I was. This arnica tablets is available in drugstore without a prescription? Thanks for letting me know.
I got my arnica tablets at a health food store - very inexpensive. They really helped. The gel was available at the drugstore, but it was much more expensive than the tablets, so I didn't try it.
Thanks Stuartgal.
wow...that's some definate bruising you got going on. are you taking arnica tablets and using the arnica gel? that stuff worked wonders for me. it takes about a month for all bruising to be gone...maybe a lil' longer in your case. good luck w/ your healing. are you happy w/ your results?