3 C Sections and Now Only 114 Lbs, Pure MD - Dayton, OH

I am 28 years old. I have had 3 beautiful boys 11...

I am 28 years old. I have had 3 beautiful boys 11 9 and 7 years old. Each one were delivered by C section as I had many complications with my first delivery. Fortunately my first doctor was amazing my scars healed wonderfully and I didn't end up with the dreadful smiley face at the end of my stomach from being cut down there. Sadly I can't say the same for my last son. The doctor who did my c section cut and stitched me up poorly so no matter how small I got I had the yucky smiley. In November 2013 I was over weight due to a form of birth control. When I went in for a routine health check my doctors informed me I was full blown diabetic I had familiar high cholesterol I unfortunately inherited from my mother and father. And I needed a major life style change. I did what the doc told me I cut out all sugar, I walked frequently, I watched my carb intake and from November 2013 to March 2014 I went from 147 lbs to 114. I have a very petite bone structure and am only 5' 1" so that is a healthy weight my cholesterol dropped and the diabetes went from full blown to now I am pre diabetic. The bad part? I now have no butt no legs no arms but I did have the dreadful gut. Which is going to keep me from kicking the diabetic monsters butt. I looked into many different procedures and opted for smart lipo as the risks were lower and outcome was decent. I don't wish to look like I've never had babies as I am more than proud of them. But I do wish to be as healthy as I can so I can see them grow up. Once realizing I wasn't able to lose my stomach with all my efforts to do so I decided I had no other choice but to seek out Dr. Kahn and his amazing staff at Pure MD. I went in for a consultation and was informed I had a protruding abdomen and my outcome was not guaranteed although that was devastating and I almost backed out I because of my issues I was given a discount and decided to do it. On June 5th I went in and was greeted with a very friendly staff and was taken care of well. I was beyond nervous anxiety got the best of me and the fear was abundant. The staff was patient and kind and helped me through it. The worst part for me was during the numbing process. It was painful and maybe even more so because I let my nerves get the best of me. Fortunately that is all a distant memory. After being numbed the Dr. Got to work I was in surgery about an hr and a half from numbing to bandaging. Although I am still swollen I am more than pleased with what I can see now. Yes the fat is gone and I can actually see muscle. OMG never thought that would happen. The healing hasn't been to bad I only took pain meds 2 times in 2 days time I am not badly bruised and the most uncomfortable part is the wrap when sitting or trying to sleep but otherwise I almost forget it's there. I was up moving the day of surgery as with having c sections you know moving is better I felt this couldn't be much different and on day 2 I was already feeling well enough to tend to chores. Dr. Kahn worked effortlessly on my smiley face and I am so extremely pleased I still can't believe how nice it looks now. I obviously don't know of my full outcome as it's not even been a week. I pray it continues to look better and better and can't wait to see how the final results look. But I can say if you go in with realistic expectations. You understand it's inch loss versus weight loss if you want to heal quickly with less risks than a tummy tuck then smart lipo is the answer. I will post the few pictures I have and continue to post my afters. Thank you for reading my smart lipo journey.

How much did they remove? I am interested in the area where the C scar is, since it took more work in that area did he he mention there maybe more lumps or hardness. Just wondering. Please keep us posted on ur healing journey.
Hello so sorry I'm just now getting back to you I've been busy. He took 1 liter from my abdomen and flanks (mainly abdomen) he worked vigorously on the CSection area and I'm rather pleased I plan on posting more pics at 2 weeks because when I went in for my 1 week post op I was told I was very swollen still. I actually look bigger now then before :( I did have one smal lump to the right of my belly button but after massaging more it has went away so far no more lumps or knots thanks for asking :)
Hi and welcome! :)  It would be really helpful to see what the result is once you're allowed to take off the binder for a minute.  A lot of women who've had children are looking to see what results others achieve when they use Smart Lipo instead of a TT.  Did Dr. Kahn advise a TT for you at all, by the way?  Did he say what was causing your belly to protrude?

1st whole day without my garment only wearing spanx

I was told last week at my check up that I was doing good just needed to do more massages around the outsides of my belly button. I was also told. I only had to wear my garment for 4 or 5 more days. Well today is my first day without the garment and I'm not pleased. I feel like I am fatter now then before surgery just without the rollie pollie bulge. I know I am to be realistic especially with the protruding abdomen but I have to say even being realistic this is not good. It hasn't been 2 weeks even since my procedure so I pray that I am still just swollen. I will post pics tomorrow I'm a little to down to do so now. (More embarrassed then down) if anyone else could provide there story at 1 1/2 weeks post op that would be greatly appreciated especially if you have the protruding abdomen thank you! More updates soon.

hope you are doing well ( : please keep us updated....
BTW, I just found this video here on RealSelf about post-op garments that I found really informative.  Of course, your final authority is your doctor, but it's a short vid :). It's called Liposuction Recovery Requires Downtime and Garments.  Or if you have flash, you can look here:

If you do go back to wearing your garment, realize that it may take 2-3 days for the accumulated swelling to dissipate to the point it was before taking off the garment.  I learned that the hard way with my TT, trying to work out not wearing my garment one day.  Couldn't even get the garment back on until the next morning, and then it was misery for another two days until the swelling had gone down.  A TT is more invasive, of course, so this was 3 months after my op, but you may still take a while to unswell at only 11 days PO :).

Dr. Ali Khan M.D.